What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Inisai Toga

Juniors
We’re in the midst of a injury & suspension crisis but it’s interesting that Jack Bird isn’t part of the problem. Jack has been awesome, a real rock for us & injury free. Who would have predicted that??
It’s great that he’s injury free; ‘awesome’, not sure that would be my assessment. He’s getting better and improving every game; hopefully will find his groove and his position as the year and the team settles down. Always had talent Jack, think he wouldn’t be happy with his defensive reads at times though, but to be expected due to the pace of the game.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Mate we are absolutely screwed at the moment. Our backline is missing Dufty, Lomax, Ravalawa, Matt Feagai, Wiliame. The cupboard is beyond bare. Thrown in Fuimaono and McGuire for 5 weeks each plus Sullivan. That’s a lot of cattle. If it means moving Burns into the back row instead of centre then I can live with it[/QUOTE

I know we’re desperate but besides experience what does he offer.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Very cheap addition
Training contract only so not in the top 30, but as it says at the bottom of the article, players outside the top 30 can now play first grade as of this weekend

Will add experience thats just about all, but has that Lachlan Maranta vibe to it.

The "Moneyball" approach to recruitment continues- let's hope our juniors can deliver because we seem to have passed on a lot of good players.

True_Believer

Juniors
Yeah mate, we are.

Look at our injury and suspension list. Add to that the amount of backs we have with little or next to no first grade experience.

I think its a smart signing.
Cheap, yet he will bring some experience to our squad.

Spot on. He will be dirt cheap and this will tide us over until we are back on our feet. We've lost A LOT of experience over the last couple of weeks so this will help out immensely. Like you, I think it's a smart signing.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Spot on. He will be dirt cheap and this will tide us over until we are back on our feet. We've lost A LOT of experience over the last couple of weeks so this will help out immensely. Like you, I think it's a smart signing.
Yes, I’m all good with the Beale signing as well. Beggars can’t be choosers as the saying goes. We need a short term fix & what do we expect at a moments notice? Beals’s a decent player & will fill a hole until Lomax is back.

We are still fielding a decent team this week & I fully expect we’ll get the job done against Scumulla particularly if we continue to spin the ball wide on early tackles. Forwards need to roll on up the middle & then promote the ball wide. Excited to see what Ramsey can offer at Fullback it’s what we’ve all been waiting for.

denis preston

First Grade
Gerard Beale. Welcome back

Can someone help my memory that when we signed Gerald he was yet to have a serious injury that put him out for the season at the Bronco's ? This injury shaved a couple of metres of pace off him and thus restricted him as a solid player rather than very good ?

thebigredv

First Grade
Nick didn't like that one so they scrapped it.

I think he replaced it with the rule where if a ball carrier ducks into a tackle the defender must instantly adjust their whole body so as not to catch them slightly high, or else he will be sent off and treated like a criminal for the rest of his career. That rule.

Gareth67

First Grade
I think he replaced it with the rule where if a ball carrier ducks into a tackle the defender must instantly adjust their whole body so as not to catch them slightly high, or else he will be sent off and treated like a criminal for the rest of his career. That rule.

Exactly tBRV , that has become so common place now , players ducking their heads as they are about to be tackled . Not blaming them for their self preservation , but by the same token , if players were tackling around the legs ( as they once did many years ago ) then the incidents of concussions would be much , much lower .

The NRL would have a much cleaner game , the clubs a lower injury count , the only problem is to convince the coaches to stop implementing all of those illegal tactics that is par for course nowadays .

On the other hand , they could get rid of the one individual who is responsible for bringing them to the game in the first place .