What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021: Week 1 Finals (Non Parra games)

eel01s

Bench
It was mentioned by the Fox commentators that JWH may have been in front of the play the ball. What a surprise there was no replay or bunker involvement.

Are we smart enough to do this to kick a game winning field goal?

hindy111

Post Whore
It maybe a one horse race now.
I feel Manly where the winners from all of this. They had a soft game against the Storm. Just a 50min contest. They may come put of the Roosters game with an easy win. And face Souths who they'd fancy their chances against.
Losers are Parra,Knights,Panthers and Storm.
First two will have to face the best two sides in the comp. Panthers will not want to play us. We can beat them. If knights upset us I imagine they'd be more happy.
Storm most likely will face the Panthers or Eels I imagine. Sides who have beaten them this season.

I can't believe the Titans centre didn't pass. It was game over.

Penrith got bashed. JFH since he signed his whopper contract has been average. Luais origin form hasn't come back since. Burton has talent but still flaws. Tòo was man handled. I feel like that's where Souths won it. Took Brian out of the game and the Fish. Hammered them. Staines is not an NRL level winger. To light. Worrying for them is they will weaken next season with loss of Burton and Capewell. Classic make a grand final amd sign juniors on overs syndrome.
Gus Gould has been calling it one of the greatest sides in history. They've won f**k all. I think they are done this season also. Will be top 8 next season again but not the force of this year.
I am starting to feel our club maybe in a better position squad and cap wise.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It was mentioned by the Fox commentators that JWH may have been in front of the play the ball. What a surprise there was no replay or bunker involvement.

I hope it doesn't come down to that my heart wouldn't cope

King-Gutho94

Coach
Looking at smug Ivan last night and bennett owning him it was obivous bennett had got under his skin and ivan the sore loser he is these days couldn't handle it.

I dont recall BA ever engaging with other coaches in the media outside of when he did it before 2017 QF when he made a sly comment about Melbourne laying all over us which ticked bellamy off into a tizz which he sent video to the media about us laying all over Melbourne in a game eariler that season.

Gronk

Staff member
I’d BA chokes tomorrow
Accountability bias is a strange beast. We could literally lose Titans style because someone goes for the hero play in the 79th minute and there is no doubt that many here would adopt an all or nothing rampage.

strider

Post Whore

Is it illegal to be infront of the play the ball .... or just a problem if you subsequently get involved?

Bandwagon

Staff member
Penrith got belted. Never looked like scoring. Storm have a hand on trophy

Penrith forgot to win the middle and kept looking for easy points, the Storm won the middle, and took the points on offer. They were also near flawless with only four errors to Manly's nine, and Manly really paid for those errors. Manly also gave away a shit ton of penalties because their forwards were dominated.

I don't feel Penrith nor Storm's pack are good enough to dominate ours. If we are in the game, we can beat both. As always it'll be our edge defence that needs to click and lift.

Though beating the Storm three times in the one season is a bit of an ask.

Gronk

Staff member
Looking at smug Ivan last night and bennett owning him it was obivous bennett had got under his skin and ivan the sore loser he is these days couldn't handle it.

I dont recall BA ever engaging with other coaches in the media outside of when he did it before 2017 QF when he made a sly comment about Melbourne laying all over us which ticked bellamy off into a tizz which he sent video to the media about us laying all over Melbourne in a game eariler that season.
I think you need a really thick skin to throw Bennett style hand grenades and deal with the media thereafter. BA has found his sweet spot with the media which is essentially show no emotion and given ‘em nothing.

Gronk

Staff member
You're out of the play, so if you're forming a barrier deliberately, are you then part of the play?

I'd say yes.
Did Trent call out the bunker for not reviewing the FG ? I suppose not. What about when his 9 got sin-binned for shoulder to face. Was it a send off Trent?

yy_cheng

Coach
Penrith forgot to win the middle and kept looking for easy points, the Storm won the middle, and took the points on offer. They were also near flawless with only four errors to Manly's nine, and Manly really paid for those errors. Manly also gave away a shit ton of penalties because their forwards were dominated.

I don't feel Penrith nor Storm's pack are good enough to dominate ours. If we are in the game, we can beat both. As always it'll be our edge defence that needs to click and lift.

Though beating the Storm three times in the one season is a bit of an ask.
Injuries will probably plays big role on who wins. I was hoping Tom, Munster was gonna get injured

strider

Post Whore
You're out of the play, so if you're forming a barrier deliberately, are you then part of the play?

I'd say yes.
i agree .... but are you forming a barrier or just standing around like browns cows?

if we are gonna crack down on walls, which I think we should, we need to be ontop of offside also

Latest posts