What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
There, it wasn’t so hard.
Neither was understanding that mothers day has historically drawn sht crowds. You're welcome for your lesson.

Sharks was also a really sht crowd but there's reasons for that as well. In fact all but two games this round were sht crowds. some had reasons.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Neither was understanding that mothers day has historically drawn sht crowds. You're welcome for your lesson.

Sharks was also a really sht crowd but there's reasons for that as well. In fact all but two games this round were sht crowds. some had reasons.
But but but!!

Like I needed a lesson to know you are full of shit. The crowd was horrible and you have slammed Sydney teams for far less.

Maybe you need to play out of Suburban ground with a dangerous hill to improve your crowds???

Canard

Immortal
It’s people falling in a rush then getting stamped on and crushed that’s the problem. To say it’s never happened so no problem is one of the dumbest things Ive heard on here, and that’s saying something lol
Your post was dumb, and you should feel dumber for posting it.

Can you nominate all the times in sporting history that people have been trampled to death inside stadia?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Your post was dumb, and you should feel dumber for posting it.

Can you nominate all the times in sporting history that people have been trampled to death inside stadia?
There's been quite a few (around 15 tragic events), latest early this year in Cameroon. Look at the crush event at the falls festival. If you cant understand why crowd rush accidents happen and how grass hills have zero safety against such occurrences I cant help you.
I've never needed my harness, fireproof suit and helmet in my race car (yet!), maybe I should stop wearing it as its clearly unnecessary as its never happened before? Now that is a dumb argument lol

Saxon

Bench
Actually we have never had hills in Melbourne. I can’t think of any old VFL grounds with a grass hill.
Pretty sure there used to be one at Glenferrie. Down the end away from the grandstands (Glenferrie Rd end) on the railway side I think?

Saxon

Bench
There's been quite a few (around 15 tragic events), latest early this year in Cameroon. Look at the crush event at the falls festival. If you cant understand why crowd rush accidents happen and how grass hills have zero safety against such occurrences I cant help you.
I've never needed my harness, fireproof suit and helmet in my race car (yet!), maybe I should stop wearing it as its clearly unnecessary as its never happened before? Now that is a dumb argument lol
And, almost invariably, those events occur in one of two ways. Either;
1. a single narrow entrance/exit where the crowd is funnelled, or
2. a stampede towards a dead end - e.g a press towards a stage (The Who in Cincinnati) or up against an 8 foot steel mesh fence (Hillsborough).

Hills at League grounds are neither of those things. Crowd rush problems occur when you have a blocked or restricted path forward, not when the barrier is a 3 foot picket fence.

Saxon

Bench
If you've never needed your harness you are clearly not driving hard enough.
Unlike a seatbelt which is there to restrain you in case of an accident, a race harness should be strapped up tight to hold you firmly in position.

Menaiduck

Juniors
Just bought 4 tickets for Sydney SOO. Very limited as most sections are sold out for all categories. I’ve got a feeling this series will be a beauty.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Pretty sure there used to be one at Glenferrie. Down the end away from the grandstands (Glenferrie Rd end) on the railway side I think?
Obviously there were grass areas going back 100 years, but no-one ever sat. It was always standing, and 100% men as the ladies would sit in the grandstand. All grassed areas were all eventually terraced by the 1960s or early 1970s I reckon. You must be even older than me if you remember Glenferrie Oval - last game there was in 1973.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Isn't it great for old Perth Red that the top two crowds this weekend were at suburban Sydney stadiums, whilst the games played at Accor, QCB and AAMI all drew significantly lower. Something called NSW culture you westies wouldn't understand

Perth Red

Post Whore
Isn't it great for old Perth Red that the top two crowds this weekend were at suburban Sydney stadiums, whilst the games played at Accor, QCB and AAMI all drew significantly lower. Something called NSW culture you westies wouldn't understand
Shame its a once in a 15 year cycle for these clubs! Do you really want me to show you the crowd avg at suburban parks v proper stadiums over the last few years??

Lidcombe Bull

Juniors
Lol excuses excuses. If it was a Sydney club you wouldn’t of held back. It got less than the Raiders did at the shittty 6pm time slot.
It's Melbourne's lowest crowd of the year so far by quite a bit, so I imagine Mother's Day must be the main reason.

The Demons and St Kilda AFL game was across the road at the MCG at the same time, and got 35,000, which for an all-Melbourne AFL game with the premiers involved (1st v 7th) is low. Carlton and Adelaide were also playing at Docklands on the same arvo and got 25,000, which again for Carlton is super low by their standards as they are averaging 48,000 this year for home games.

Melbourne are averaging 16,276 this year, which is 8th highest in the NRL, and is meh for a side that good. However, 16K is good for a team that was averaging 12,000 in 2012 despite winning the comp that year, and were averaging less than 9,000 in 2005. All this in a city that is largely cold to NRL. Sustainable long-term growth is vital for any good business model. Not sure every NRL club can boast that kind of long-term growth in attendances.

(I'm a Tigers fan but bracing for the onslaught from the Storm-haters haha)

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
There will be quite a few no shows tonight. Parts of Brisbane and Ipswich is (or will most likely see) flooding.

Radar at 7:45am:54F929AE-E2BB-474B-8FE3-5D1D8F55D734.jpegIpswich motorway at Oxley, 4am:
EDIT: Brisbane is essentially cut off to the west. People won’t be travelling from the GC or SC today either.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There will be quite a few no shows tonight. Parts of Brisbane and Ipswich is (or will most likely see) flooding.

Radar at 7:45am:View attachment 61457Ipswich motorway at Oxley, 4am:
EDIT: Brisbane is essentially cut off to the west. People won’t be travelling from the GC or SC today either.
It was a river under my place last night, normally those are just tears during Parra games.

Saxon

Bench
Obviously there were grass areas going back 100 years, but no-one ever sat. It was always standing, and 100% men as the ladies would sit in the grandstand. All grassed areas were all eventually terraced by the 1960s or early 1970s I reckon. You must be even older than me if you remember Glenferrie Oval - last game there was in 1973.
I never went to a VFL match there, but local leagues played their big games there for years after that and the Hawks trained there at least into the mid 80s. I lived around Hawthorn for a while when I was a kid and played a couple of finals games there (under 11s and under 13s) before we moved back north.

Latest posts