What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Crowd Watch

Jamberoo

Juniors
Yes but the AFL only had one club in Sydney for 30 years. Near on every AFL supporter in Sydney goes for the Swans. Just like why the Storm have a membership larger than every Sydney club!

Counting the Giants, they have 2 clubs. We have 9! If we only had 2 clubs, they'd average 60k each.

Therefore, the AFL is still a minnow in Sydney!
Yes, Storm is to Melbourne what Swans are to Sydney. The only difference is that Storm are smaller than all nine Melbourne AFL clubs, and Swans are bigger than all nine Sydney NRL clubs. Giants are an absolute failure.

Yes, Storm is to Melbourne what Swans are to Sydney. The only difference is that Storm are smaller than all nine Melbourne AFL clubs, and Swans are bigger than all nine Sydney NRL clubs. Giants are an absolute failure.
swans support is very thin past those at the ground

the TV audience last week was the same as the attendance
both 45K .. maybe a few more on STV but not many as all of their games are on FTA
thats ridiculous
50/50 approx

in comparison
Parra Souths
23K at the ground
180K on FTA & another 180K on STV in Sydney
6/94

Dark Corner

Juniors
swans support is very thin past those at the ground

the TV audience last week was the same as the attendance
both 45K .. maybe a few more on STV but not many as all of their games are on FTA
thats ridiculous
50/50 approx

in comparison
Parra Souths
23K at the ground
180K on FTA & another 180K on STV in Sydney
6/94
I'm sure if Toronto had a NFL team it be bigger then all the CFL teams in Canada but it doesn't make NFL bigger then the CFL in Canada and the same as a EPL team in Dublin compared to Gaelic football.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
About 30 tickets left in the diamond category up on level 7 ($135+ fees per person - yes, $135 a child ffs) and then about 100 single seats left, so basically a sell out in Brisbane. Nice!!

Cowboys sales look decent for a 6pm slot too.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm sure if Toronto had a NFL team it be bigger then all the CFL teams in Canada but it doesn't make NFL bigger then the CFL in Canada and the same as a EPL team in Dublin compared to Gaelic football.
I dont think anyone is suggesting AFL is bigger than RL in Sydney lol. But Swans do have the biggest active fanbase in the city, which sucks for a RL city!

forby

Juniors
What happened to all the Souths members and fans last night?
15200 for one of their most important games of the year.

Suitman

Post Whore
I dont think anyone is suggesting AFL is bigger than RL in Sydney lol. But Swans do have the biggest active fanbase in the city, which sucks for a RL city!
Lol.
Active fan base?
They have a cheer squad. Not an active fan base.
And, AFL cheer squads are a f**king embarrassment. Full of grandmas knitting rugs, and toothless ferals.
No AFL team has anything near an active fan base.

Tigers1986

Juniors
About 30 tickets left in the diamond category up on level 7 ($135+ fees per person - yes, $135 a child ffs) and then about 100 single seats left, so basically a sell out in Brisbane. Nice!!

Cowboys sales look decent for a 6pm slot too.
How can the club, the NRL or whomever makes these decisions actually charge these prices for a freaking club game. My goodness.

The whole grand final fiasco exposes that all the NRL commission care for is lining their pockets with as much cash as possible.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
How can the club, the NRL or whomever makes these decisions actually charge these prices for a freaking club game. My goodness.

The whole grand final fiasco exposes that all the NRL commission care for is lining their pockets with as much cash as possible.
The Broncos get royally fkt by the state government to rent Suncorp and need about 30k to break even these days. Diamond cat will always be $135 a pop but they are usually on level 3, the Broncos noticed the demand for this game when we were top 4 and opened up level 7 sideline for $135pp - usually it would be $80pp.

The NRL used to be pretty good because they own the finals games so the Broncos home finals in 2015, 16 and 17 were decently priced and well below a Broncos home game. They hiked us in 2018 though. If the Broncos get a home final this year I expect it to be pretty expensive.

Latest posts