What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Knights Rep Players

I almost burst out laughing at the J.Saf selection. Even his in his best year he wasn't close to Origin standard but this year is his worst. Too many deficiencies in his game to list. A total joke selection.

The NSW squad is generally weaker across the board than in recent years. No Turbo or Latrell is a huge blow, dropping Addo-Carr for Tupou (a proven dud at Origin level) is a mistake, toothless backrow (Matterson is way too soft and fragile for Origin imo).

A ton of QLD players are in form and they've unearthed some proper guns this year. QLD should be favourites imo. They won't be though.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
J Saf is a strange selection. I mean he’s in the squad and obviously won’t play barring a couple of injuries but there’s definitely more deserving players than him.

That being said I think he’s been a lot better the last 6 weeks or so after a slow start to the season. The way his brother has regressed is insane though. There’s definitely something going on there.

Frederick

Staff member
I'm just happy Tyson was picked. He busts his gut for us every week and he hasn't been responsible at all for our poor form so far this season. He's always threatening in attack and rock solid in defence. I'm just glad Freddy didn't listen to that anti-Newcastle flog Gallen and decided to pick him. Tyson won't let down the Blues.

Yosh

Coach
How good are the Queenslanders when they put on the Maroons jersey. I reckon on Teddy and Wighton were any good for the Blues.

Jono078

Referee
How good are the Queenslanders when they put on the Maroons jersey. I reckon on Teddy and Wighton were any good for the Blues.
I think all the Qld players had 9/10 or 10/10 games and a few of our key players and perhaps the balance of the team wasn’t quite right by Freddy.

Cleary had his worst game but Qld applied plenty of pressure, so for game 2 I expect Luai to kick more.

Thought Wighton, Teddy, Tupou and Cook were our best. Cooky works so hard for the full 80, we probably need a utility to relieve him. Or if he went down we’d be screwed.

Old dog

Juniors
Think you are right, we played well was impressed by tupou and Wighton was good, was disappointed with our props, had moments but not enough, second row was not good, Sims past it, And over played Martin, good player but not quite SOO. I can’t believe we didn’t start with Crichton for Staggs.
We would have been better 1-13 plus bench

Yosh

Coach
Tupou was great as well. Crighton was not used well. Lucky he got to get on. Wighton is an Origin player every day of the week and then some.

Munster is playing a different game. Purr crazy class. I thought Gagai played his usual Origin level. Ponga was class but let DCE and Munster run the show.