What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Membership

Colk

First Grade
Nice work Storm! Wow, they racked that up quickly. The last time I checked they had just broken the Broncos' old record of 37-odd thousand.

I see the potential of a few sides getting above 50k, 60k, 70k. I think the Storm could. The broncos as well. Maybe even Parra and Souths.

I live in hope that all Sydney and regional teams can get over 30k. That is what the game should be aiming for.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I see the potential of a few sides getting above 50k, 60k, 70k. I think the Storm could. The broncos as well. Maybe even Parra and Souths.

I live in hope that all Sydney and regional teams can get over 30k. That is what the game should be aiming for.
I agree mate, as a game, we have never really focussed on memberships until the last 5 years or so. So as the years pass we'll see the bigger clubs get there. The Dolphins number will be one of the better ones in the league next year too.

I can definitely see those numbers in a one club-one town type scenario but not sure for the Sydney market. Souths to me for example have got their marketing pretty spot on. That white rabbit is in a ton of places and yet their numbers have hovered around the 30k mark (give or take a k or two) for a number of years now. Not sure what more they can do. Parra’s numbers are incredible considering they frustrate their fans continually. Maybe they could get close to those numbers when they break their drought finally.
Plus the Tigers could go places once they get their identity sorted.

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade
I can definitely see those numbers in a one club-one town type scenario but not sure for the Sydney market. Souths to me for example have got their marketing pretty spot on. That white rabbit is in a ton of places and yet their numbers have hovered around the 30k mark (give or take a k or two) for a number of years now. Not sure what more they can do. Parra’s numbers are incredible considering they frustrate their fans continually. Maybe they could get close to those numbers when they break their drought finally.

I think a lot it would depend on a scenario where the stadiums are fixed up. It would also require better marketing for sure.

298K without 3 clubs , one the defending premiers who would certainly be well north of 20K
the other 2 probs around 20K between them maybe

338K ish all up
close to a record ??

The_Wookie

Bench
298K without 3 clubs , one the defending premiers who would certainly be well north of 20K
the other 2 probs around 20K between them maybe

338K ish all up
close to a record ??

For sure. almost certainly beats 2018s 332,996 total. Last 2 seasons are incomplete - Sharks/Titans never reported last year, and Titans/Warriors/Panthers didnt report this year at all.

Unfortunately the NRL hasnt released a season membership list for a few years,

The_Wookie

Bench
Jesus Cronulla and Manly. They really need to pick their game up on memberships. I would be interested to see Penrith’s. They were nearly 20k and I would be surprised if they went down.

Sharks never reported this year, but we did get a figure a few months back that is likely out of date now. Highly likely they had a few more than we know about.

Sharks never reported this year, but we did get a figure a few months back that is likely out of date now. Highly likely they had a few more than we know about.
yea , sharks sent out a figure in a members report months ago that was 13K ....
Penrith the same saying they were at 20K

but
no one has been able to produce the communications.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I agree mate, as a game, we have never really focussed on memberships until the last 5 years or so. So as the years pass we'll see the bigger clubs get there. The Dolphins number will be one of the better ones in the league next year too.
Started longer than that, Smith ten years ago really changed the attitude and pumped funding into membership recruitment and retention. Sadly when he left the NRL pulled central funding and management of memberships and stupidly left it to the clubs. Not surprisingly the positive early growth slowed right down for most clubs.

Perth Red

Post Whore
what ?

surely not , they were the wrong club ..
just ask some self anointed experts round here 😉
Id have thought you would have learned about going off on half cocked predictions by now lol Lets hope they are, time will tell. Their pricing is pretty good for most types so thats a good start at least.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well they could make it more attractive! Eels for example offer a free Jnr membership with every adult GA membership bought. Something all clubs with excess stadium capacity should be doing!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dolphins have launched their 2023 membership packages. Must be one of the best value around. Bronze seats (corners) at Suncorp for just $16 adults, $8.50 kids inc membership pack is a bargain! Silver (lower bowl behind sticks) just $26 adult $11.50 kids. Top seats are $48.70 gold and $65 platinum.
Interestingly they have stacked the price of the Dolphin stadium games with a silver seat for those games working out at $47 a game compared to the $26 at Suncorp. You can only get seats to the Dolphins stadium games if you you buy the Suncorp games as well

Dolphins have launched their 2023 membership packages. Must be one of the best value around. Bronze seats (corners) at Suncorp for just $16 adults, $8.50 kids inc membership pack is a bargain! Silver (lower bowl behind sticks) just $26 adult $11.50 kids. Top seats are $48.70 gold and $65 platinum.
Interestingly they have stacked the price of the Dolphin stadium games with a silver seat for those games working out at $47 a game compared to the $26 at Suncorp. You can only get seats to the Dolphins stadium games if you you buy the Suncorp games as well

Being a wealthy club they can take a hit financially on gates for a bit at the start while they build a supporter base.
Those prices are crazy compared to the Broncos & , I think the Nags will have to re asses their membership pricing as a result or risk losing fans to the Phins