What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Membership

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dragons have hit 20,000 (membership email)
They need to invest in some marketing. Walking around Wollongong you wouldn't know they played there other than a dummy dressed in a Dragons kit in the chemists window! At the least they should have some big billboards around town promoting themselves and up and coming games. Even on WIN stadium there's nothing to signify its their home ground. Now they're moving on campus maybe they can get the UoW media students to give them half a clue?

Futura1966

Juniors
Good test for if Strom can retain the members.

Free membership is only good if they come back and pay the following year
The free membership was for the 25K members that paid for their membership for two years through covid and did not get to see Storm play .

Perth Red

Post Whore
Melbourne Storm’s exceptional membership growth in the 2022 NRL season has created another record – the highest membership tally ever recorded by an NRL club.

With more than 10,000 new members signing on this year, Storm’s membership count now sits at 37,237, surpassing the previous record held by the Brisbane Broncos who had 36,420 members in the 2018 season.

Last month, Storm became number one in the NRL for membership for the first time and the club is now within sight of its target of 40,000 members in 2022.

Futura1966

Juniors
Melbourne Storm’s exceptional membership growth in the 2022 NRL season has created another record – the highest membership tally ever recorded by an NRL club.

With more than 10,000 new members signing on this year, Storm’s membership count now sits at 37,237, surpassing the previous record held by the Brisbane Broncos who had 36,420 members in the 2018 season.

Last month, Storm became number one in the NRL for membership for the first time and the club is now within sight of its target of 40,000 members in 2022.

Great effort. How many members would they had if they were in the NRL as long as the Sydney teams . Also they are competing against ten AFL clubs in Melbourne that have close or over 100,000 members.

Wb1234

Referee
Bes

Beat me to it

excellent.

hope they can break 40k

The_Wookie

Bench
NRL Membership15/7/2022
Brisbane30,221
Canberra22,479
Canterbury17,337
CronullaN/R
Gold CoastN/R
Manly13,135
Melbourne37,237
Newcastle19,232
New ZealandN/R
North Queensland16,557
Parramatta34,026
PenrithN/R
South Sydney31,067
St George 20,000
Sydney18,463
Wests Tigers20,741
Total280,495

Wb1234

Referee
Broncos are such a lazy club
Sure they make millions in profits and don’t need extra money but they are still not tapping their market like they should

hopefully the dolphins is the kick in the backside they need to get the numbers they should

cowboys is pretty poor too

The_Wookie

Bench
Great effort. How many members would they had if they were in the NRL as long as the Sydney teams . Also they are competing against ten AFL clubs in Melbourne that have close or over 100,000 members.

Theres quite a few AFL club members in Melbourne who are also Storm members (and/or Victory members) too. I havent seen data on it, but I know a few myself.

Lucas

Juniors
Broncos are such a lazy club
Sure they make millions in profits and don’t need extra money but they are still not tapping their market like they should

hopefully the dolphins is the kick in the backside they need to get the numbers they should

cowboys is pretty poor too
Both coming off pretty diabolical seasons. Let's judge them this time next year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The prices for Bronco's tickets are a joke. Almost $150 for an adult sideline seat. I'd go every game if they were a reasonable price. Memberships barely give a discount at all.
You can get a full sideline seat membership for $27 a game next year. That’s a decent saving. Same seat next game day is costing $55 plus $6.20 booking fee. don’t understand why more fans don’t take up full memberships. Even if you only attended half the games you’d still be better off.

The prices for Bronco's tickets are a joke. Almost $150 for an adult sideline seat. I'd go every game if they were a reasonable price. Memberships barely give a discount at all.
as PR said

12 games $ 324 as a full member
2 games as a non member $300

pay it off at $6 a week....

go to as many or few games as you wish. give it to a friend when you're not using it

memberships make sense

Perth Red

Post Whore
For NSW clubs in Govt stadiums they need to be including away games in your membership imo. Any games your team play Accor, commbank, SFS, Newcastle, WIN & eventually penrith should be reciprocal and be included in memberships. A full membership could then be up to 18-20 games! Get on it NRL!

We could see the impact yesterday, what would have been a 13k crowd for Souths was nearly 20k.

beave

Coach
The fanciful Roy Morgan results on fanbases is out again lol. If Storm have 1.2million fans I'm a china man!!

It's probably not far off the mark tbh.

There is varying levels of "Fandom" though, from casual through to obsessed, i'd say they have a lot in the casual bracket but one look at their membership totals would indicate they do have great support.

They also have a fair bit of support in QLD as well.

Latest posts