What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 PF Fri - North Qld 20-24 Parramatta @ Queensland Country Bank

Finals Week 3: North Qld v Parramatta

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gerg

Juniors
I'm more concerned with how we choked like Parramatta usually do. All of those tries we conceded were down to poor defensive reads. Parramatta are more deserving of a spot in the big dance for defending better and beating Penrith twice.

Doesn't change the fact Parramatta were lucky that the refs awarded them two tries off blatantly forward passes and our game refuses to let the video ref overule it. I know you're an Eels fan, but you have to admit it's a poor look for our game when rugby union allows its video refs to rule on forward passes.
We don't f***ing want our game officiated like a union game. I know you're hurting right now, which is understandable, but fmd we don't want our game resembling anything like that cluster.

As a neutral. The first Moses one was a stinker of a non decision, cancelled out when Moses was obstructed in the defensive line. The Lane one... meh you see worse that that.

We don't f***ing want our game officiated like a union game. I know you're hurting right now, which is understandable, but fmd we don't want our game resembling anything like that cluster.

As a neutral. The first Moses one was a stinker of a non decision, cancelled out when Moses was obstructed in the defensive line. The Lane one... meh you see worse that that.

This is the most incompetent group of officials I’ve seen in decades.

They love running around with their rule books and making pious statements at press conferences from high but they are genuinely f**ked up keystone cops.

The gf will more than likely be decided by official error and the whole season deemed pointless.

Hopefully I can get odds somewhere.

Im expecting a fine in my email after this post.

JokerEel

Coach
This is the most incompetent group of officials I’ve seen in decades.

They love running around with their rule books and making pious statements at press conferences from high but they are genuinely f**ked up.

The gf will be decided by official error.

Hopefully I can get odds somewhere.

Im expecting a fine on my email after this post.

The guys in the middle do an Ok job I have no idea why they needed to go back to 1 ref though.

The touch judges are the most useless people in the game they seem to pick the same idiots for big games and they have no clue whats going on out there. Cant call a forward pass or an offside player.
Last nights forward pass miss was pretty bad but I have seen plenty of them all season.

The bunker! why do they need to have a different idiot in the bunker for each game giving a different interpretation? Its 8 games a week max 6 hours of sitting on your ass a day watching footy 1 person can't do that with another official in the bunker in case of an emergency?

jim_57

Staff member
Easily the least upset I’ve been after an elimination finals loss. Mainly because I expected us to be bottom 4 at the start of the year so Top 4 & a prelim was amazing and I have genuine belief we’ll be better next year.

Secondly I’d love to see Parra break their drought, I do think they need to put in a better performance than that if they want to win it but I hope they can.

Even when we were still in it after that 2nd soft try I couldn’t help but think even if we did snatch it at the death that Penrith or Souths on a good day would have put 40+ on us in the Grand Final if we played like that.

The officials will win again tonight, wait and see.

Everytime there’s a succesful captains challenge, it’s a punch in the head for Annesley, Vlandys and the incompetent tools in charge of the sport.

Last night reminded me of that Rhys Wesser pass in that finals series back in the day. It was too good for the officials to even comprehend and they incorrectly called it back.

@soc123_au would remember it.

15 years or so later, nothing has changed, no, it’s got far far worse.

Easily the least upset I’ve been after an elimination finals loss. Mainly because I expected us to be bottom 4 at the start of the year so Top 4 & a prelim was amazing and I have genuine belief we’ll be better next year.

Secondly I’d love to see Parra break their drought, I do think they need to put in a better performance than that if they want to win it but I hope they can.

Even when we were still in it after that 2nd soft try I couldn’t help but think even if we did snatch it at the death that Penrith or Souths on a good day would have put 40+ on us in the Grand Final if we played like that.
You’re a champion.

But as a neutral, that forward pass, it’s taken a bit of the shine and lustre off the eels win.

Not to run them down, eels are grouse, but I’d have preferred a more compelling result.

I will say that once again, Bea comes up with a miraculous winning game plan despite the best efforts of Moses to cruel it.

Taking you lot up the middle was a master stroke. Unexpected. Total genius.

Hes much loved and admired by many rank and file wests tigers fans. An affection and affinity for his achievements. Why we didn’t go after him instead of ciraldo is stupefying. He’s the dopers trip.

Last edited:
Play like you did this season with a harder draw and I doubt you make the 8 next season 🤌
We need to improve our defensive structure. I'm sure Payten will work on that over the off-season.

Cowboys 35 - 4 Eels in Darwin. 😜

Remember that?

How many bottom four teams did Eels lose against?

I hope your mob don't get flogged next week. With the amount of players you're losing at the end of the season it could be a long slide down the ladder.

You don't want the bunker to check forward passes because union does it?

That doesn't make sense.

Please let's not turn this into a pointless code war thread.

I've seen so many games marred by teams being awarded tries off forward passes it's not funny. It's a terrible look for the game.

Bazal

Post Whore
You don't want the bunker to check forward passes because union does it?

That doesn't make sense.

Please let's not turn this into a pointless code war thread.

I've seen so many games marred by teams being awarded tries off forward passes it's not funny. It's a terrible look for the game.

Personally I don't want the bunker checking forward passes until they can stop consistently f**king up the things they already have to check, tbh...

I'm the same. I could see this coming as we've been leaking soft tries for months. It was going to catch up with us at some stage.

The perils of having fast line speed is you need to have strong defensive combinations that work as a unit and trust one another. We've conceded lots of tries because one player on the edges rushes up and decides to come in to take the lead runner while the defender outside of him stands his ground, opening a big gap. The try Townsend conceded was a prime example. Another off-season will help build player combinations and hopefully iron out this chink in our defence.

3 weeks for Jase.

The NRL really don't like International footy do they?

They only care about Sydney. It's why our game doesn't have a national footprint.

Bazal

Post Whore
You won't be saying that if your team loses off a forward pass try that's not called next week.

I will when I'm rational again and not drunk.

We could have lost on a wrong Bunker non-call last night for something they can already rule on plus the Cows also got one off a questionable pass as well, which we could have lost the game on.

The whole Bunker experiment has shown that you can have the all the tech and all the black and white rules you want but if the bloke making the call is a complete numpty then it won't matter. Let's not give them more thing to screw up before we fix the problems they already have. IMO

JokerEel

Coach
We need to improve our defensive structure. I'm sure Payten will work on that over the off-season.

Remember that?

I hope your mob don't get flogged next week. With the amount of players you're losing at the end of the season it could be a long slide down the ladder.

Yes I also remember Eels getting beaten by the Bulldogs and then beating them. Good teams generally learn.

I remember that game everyone mentioned it this week why your mob would beat us 😂

1 by 1 point.

We are in the GF who cares what you hope 🖕

JokerEel

Coach

Remember that?

Yes I also remember Eels getting beaten by the Bulldogs and then beating them. Good teams generally learn.

I remember that game everyone mentioned it this week why your mob would beat us 😂

1 by 1 point.

We are in the GF who cares what you hope 🖕

lucablight

First Grade
How are the grand final tickets going to go on sale for members? Will there be a code sent out or do ticketed members have a separate access portal?