What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 PF Fri - North Qld 20-24 Parramatta @ Queensland Country Bank

Finals Week 3: North Qld v Parramatta

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Finals Week 3
North Queensland Cowboys v Parramatta Eels
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville, South Townsville (TICKETS)
Friday 23 September 2022

NRL kickoff 7:50pm (9/Fox/Kayo)

NQL2022TEAM.png

1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Peta Hiku 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Tom Dearden 7. Chad Townsend 8. Jordan McLean 9. Reece Robson 10. Reuben Cotter 11. Tom Gilbert 12. Jeremiah Nanai 13. Jason Taumalolo
14. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 15. Luciano Leilua 16. Coen Hess 17. Griffin Neame 18. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown 19. Tomas Chester 20. Jake Granville 21. Brendan Elliot 22. Ben Hampton

PAR2022TEAM.png

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Tom Opacic 5. Waqa Blake 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Isaiah Papali'i 13. Ryan Matterson
14. Bryce Cartwright 15. Jakob Arthur 16. Oregon Kaufusi 17. Marata Niukore 18. Makahesi Makatoa 19. Bailey Simonsson 20. Nathan Brown 21. Ofahiki Ogden 22. Ky Rodwell

A-REF-G-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Michael Wise, David Munro
Video Referee: Adam Gee​

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Hoping the Eels win so it's an all-Sydney big dance. I also think whoever wins this loses to the winner of the other prelim so it's not the end of the world whatever happens.

Valheru

Coach
I think parra are good things here. They hung with Penrith for 60 minutes until cleary had a career day and cowboys scraped pass a team who clearly had no business being in the top 4.

The crowd will be key. If parra score first and keep them quiet they will get the job done.

Fangs

Coach
Interesting match. Hot and humid conditions. Suits the Cows better I think. However if its a repeat of their week one performance they'll lose comfortably to the Eels.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I didn’t think Parra were anywhere near as bad as some made out against Penrith, however I also don’t think they were as good as is being said against the raiders. It was one of those games where it felt everything went right for them and wrong for Canberra. Despite having 35% of the ball for most of the game Canberra blew about 4 tries and looked like making a break everytime they shifted left.

Cowboys are an interesting one. Despite seemingly being inexperienced at this level a lot of their team have big game experience. The sharks win really didn’t feel like a finals game. How much does the home crowd help?

If Paulo/RCG get a roll on can the NQ pack stop them? Both of these sides rely on momentum probably moreso then any other teams.

I said before the first finals game Parras best chance of making the GF was to lose to Penrith, and I think that will happen. Eels by 4, however both teams are playing for runners up.

The Rosco

Bench
Normally, this is where folks be showing favour to one team.
So, for rhyno there would be nothing funnier than watching their faithful cry after yet another collapse. But that would mean that the Cowboys win.
Oh no.
I want the cows to lose to a soft whistle as they're singing the team song and banging bin lids on the esky, celebrating their golden point win 10 minutes after fulltime. I want the ref to walk into their sheds pointing to his whistle, penalising Felch for looking at an opponent in the 83rd minute.
But if the cows lose, Parra win. Hmmmmm . . .
Seriously ? !! . . . go F yourselves. I'm going fishing.

Munky

Coach
I wouldn't read a lot into Parra's win on Friday.

They played 13 witches' hats.

Cows for me up here. The weather will sort Parra. It's really noticeably jacked up over the last 2 weeks. Even us locals are feeling it.

IMO this game needs to be won by the sixtieth minute by either team.

The Cowboys looked incredibly flat back in the 2016 prelim after an epic extra time slugfest against Brisbane. Both teams were exhausted by the seventieth minute.

Got absolutely run over by the Sharks.

This Year?

Immortal
The weather could play a huge factor in this game.

Will every offload stick in a high humidity environment?
This is absolutely the thing for me too.

Everytime I've written off the Cowboys they proven me wrong. This game feels like whoever holds onto ball and plays %'s better will be grand finalists.

I hope the Eels win but I got a feeling Cowboys will.

wittyfan

Referee
Eels should win this but the Cowboys having the week off and playing at home worry me a bit.

borisdog

Juniors
IMO this game needs to be won by the sixtieth minute by either team.

The Cowboys looked incredibly flat back in the 2016 prelim after an epic extra time slugfest against Brisbane. Both teams were exhausted by the seventieth minute.

Got absolutely run over by the Sharks.

Sure, but we'll have had 2 weeks off by the time Parra get here.

SDM

First Grade
Cowboys will turn up, they have turned up all year. But if both teams play their best Parra wins.