What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Round 20 Panthers V Eels

Panfa

Juniors
Would have been nice to give Thomas Jenkins a run in the centres since Rob jennings won't be with us next yr.We are 8 points clear at the top and we will still field a fairly decent squad Friday night.Id rather blood a guy who will be with us next yr than groom a guy for the dolphins.Besides the way jennings played against tigers Jenkins would be a better option.

The Realist

Juniors
You are correct. Michael Jennings was listed at 185cm on the Panthers website for a while. I remember going to game and trying to work out how I was taller than him.

Exactly my response. I’m 186cm and back in the day met Jennings many times. I felt as though I was a few inches taller.

He is not the only Panther player either that I have measured up against and thought that their listed heights can’t be right. Some relatively recent as well, though now that I am old I don’t mingle with the players like I did a decade or so ago.

Girds89

Bench
Yeah its been a very well known fact in the nba for decades, even a guy like Michael Jordan, most hardcore Nba fans as well as players and media people from his era dont beleive he was actually 6'6, most think 6'5 and quite a lot will tell you he was only 6'4. The nba is trying to stamp it out now but that is only recent, it was just a given the team listed heights werent completely accurate. Most players would inflate their heights but some would make it shorter. Kevin durant was measured just over 6'10 at the draft combine then listed as 6'9 by his team after being drafted. A lot of it is just to do with positions but often it was just ego imo, you have a sport obsessed and dominated by tall people of course players will want to be seen as taller if it makes them more valuable but also players wanted to be taller or shorter to play certain positions, less need for that now as the nba teams and coaches are a lot less rigid in regards to what height you have to be to play different positions. Anyway ive gone off on a tangent now lol.

As i said thats all in the past. The nba changed regulations in 2019 and teams had to provide the accurate heights for players.

Nrl really has no reason to over or under inflate players heights or weights anymore and with gambling be so huge these days it just cant happen.

Thered be a handful across the nrl which arent pretty accurate these days. Most likely rookies.

Jennings may have be listed at 185 on pennies website 7 or 8 years ago but he was 180 on the chooks and parras which is spot on.

Whino

Bench
Makes more sense to give Chris Smith a run off the bench than Staines. Why risk burning out Kikau and Martin this close to the end of the season. Ease their game time back a little the next few weeks.

hindy111

Post Whore
Who do everybody consider our biggest threats come the finals. Probably parra ?

Parra may not even make finals.

If Roosters can get there amd fit they'll be dangerous. Souths are warming up as well.

Not sure Brisbane or Cowboys can keep up in finals

Wigansfinest

Juniors
Ourselves. A few dangerous teams to wary of.
If we play to our potential. No other team gets close.
I think it’s reasonable to consider we won’t play near 100%. Not many teams in history play at 100% in high pressure matches. I would say I think it’s impossible that anybody beats us at home in the finals however

Whino

Bench
I think it’s reasonable to consider we won’t play near 100%. Not many teams in history play at 100% in high pressure matches. I would say I think it’s impossible that anybody beats us at home in the finals however

An 80% version of our potential would probably be enough. We are that far ahead of the other teams. Particularly with Papenhuyzen out for the Storm.
It not impossible we don't drop a match before the finals. I would actually prefer it.

Weird things can happen in the finals. Some guys lose their shit.
Just need to stay focused, relatively fit, and be respectful of who the opposition is.

Last edited:

Wigansfinest

Juniors

If Roosters can get there amd fit they'll be dangerous. Souths are warming up as well.

I didn’t consider rabbits tbf. I’d probably agree with that
An 80% version of our potential would probably be enough. We are that far ahead of the other teams. Particularly with Papenhuyzen out for the Storm.
It not impossible we don't drop a match before the finals. I would actually prefer it.

Just need to stay focused, relatively fit, and be respectful of who the opposition is.
when u said you would prefer us to drop a match I got a throwback to last year when Everyone said the storm needed to lose in the regular season to win the grand final 😂. Hope history does not repeat there

Iamback

Coach

I don't trust Spencer, Kenny or Salmon for long periods either. So I'd like to see a couple of set moves or something to get our attack better, generally our attack will win it

Wigansfinest

Juniors
Broncos. For mine Reynolds can match what Cleary does with the boot

Cobbo and Oates are strong on kick returns.

Decent pack too
Was considering them not but kind of wrote them off when herbie got injured as I think they can be exposed down the edges. Definitely not a bad shout tho

Whino

Bench
I didn’t consider rabbits tbf. I’d probably agree with that

when u said you would prefer us to drop a match I got a throwback to last year when Everyone said the storm needed to lose in the regular season to win the grand final 😂. Hope history does not repeat there

Same thing was said in 2020.
I couldn't care less about how long a winning streak is. My reasoning is a few of the players need a wake up call.
The Roosters went back to back a few years ago and they nailed their performances after Origin. Put the foot down at the right time and peaked perfectly.
Our last 2 seasons we haven't quite got it right.
Cruised in 2020 and were erratic in the finals. Last year we did it the hard way after falling into Bennett's trap.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
As i said thats all in the past. The nba changed regulations in 2019 and teams had to provide the accurate heights for players.

Nrl really has no reason to over or under inflate players heights or weights anymore and with gambling be so huge these days it just cant happen.

Thered be a handful across the nrl which arent pretty accurate these days. Most likely rookies.

Jennings may have be listed at 185 on pennies website 7 or 8 years ago but he was 180 on the chooks and parras which is spot on.

it isn't that it is inflated in NRL just the timing,

Usually these profiles are done very early in pre-season, So players bulk up across the season

Iamback

Coach

Souths with Latrell are a different team but I don't see him lasting the season on previous form

Iamback

Coach
Was considering them not but kind of wrote them off when herbie got injured as I think they can be exposed down the edges. Definitely not a bad shout tho

They will just put Capewell there if they need too. Cows, Sharks are a year away from being able to match the finals intensity, Souths have Cook and Walker that go MIA in big game
Storm are broken

hindy111

Post Whore
Broncos. For mine Reynolds can match what Cleary does with the boot

Cobbo and Oates are strong on kick returns.

Decent pack too

Hmm. Yes they best Parra but honestly Eels butcher 2 x tries cause Waqa didn't pass. And a dodgie obstruction call.

If watched highlights there is an element of luck in 4 of Brisbane's tries.

The first involving 3 x kicks and a ricochet .
The 3rd a man down.
The fourth from the kick off drop and a man down .
The 5th Guth drops ball cold returning it and Reynolds kicks ahead and scores.

Good side. But in the dry id back Eels over them.

I'd list like this as far as danger

1. Storm with Noafaluma. They've have Kafusi and B.Smith missing and Papa. They will turn it around.

2. ROOSTERS. GREAT SIDE JUST INJURIES. If fit they'll be flying. Huge chance imo. Teddy,Suali,Toupo,Manu,Keary,Walker,Radley, Collins,JWH. They are warming imo

3. Sharks - They won't die wondering amd have attacking weapons.

4. SOUTHS- Can score 30 points. Have Latrell.

5. Cowboys - Play a controlled game and have halves who won't go to water.

6. MANLY - IF turbo is fit and back which hearing he might be.

7. Eels - Have experience and a tough pack.

8. BRISBANE - LEAK points and the spiels inexperienced bar Reynolds. Could see them having a bad game in finals and lose by 20 against anyone they play....

Latest posts