What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Oh to have a player of the calibre of Jason Saab. He took an intercept tonight against the Storm and raced away unopposed to score between the posts.

He is a flyer which we let go at his request. He knew where a good club was and he went there and will remain a Sea Eagle for years. Same as Garrick.

The team that could be a problem for the Storm if they both play the grand final is Manly. Remember it was Hasler who coached them against the Storm's Craig Bellamy and won 40-0 albeit without Cameron Smith. This was years ago I know and lots of water has run under the Spit Bridge and the Sea Eagles have been pretty competitive since then winning again in 2011.

I'm predicting big things for Manly this year.
As the great Bob Fulton said many times "you can't coach speed". My Manly mates are pissing themselves laughing at us. How was he let go? Another McGregor casualty. That bloke was the worst thing to ever walk through the Dragons front door and it will take a few more years yet to rid ourselves of that revolting McGregor stench. The longest serving JV coach. It's shameful.

randomdragon

Juniors
  1. Sloane
  2. Ravalawa
  3. Lomax
  4. Bird
  5. Feagai
  6. Amone
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. McCullough
  10. Molo
  11. Sua
  12. Sims
  13. De belin
  14. Mbye
  15. Burgess
  16. Maguire
  17. Burns

18. I feel like that squad would be a strong squad to start the year next year, good forward pack not losing much once the forwards rotate, and that’s even still without Kerr or Sullivan

thebigredv

First Grade
Yep, looks good. But not much depth behind the starting 17. I still think we need another frontrower, backrower, centre and of course another hooker.

Ain't that the truth. We have cap space and need to use it in at least two of the areas you have identified. Big time game breaking players. We don't yet have enough star quality in certain positions to lift the lesser players in the squad. I'm done hoping and praying.

Hit.
The.
Market.

1. Sloane
  2. Ravalawa
  3. Lomax
  4. Bird
  5. Feagai
  6. Amone
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. McCullough
  10. Molo
  11. Sua
  12. Sims
  13. De belin
  14. Mbye
  15. Burgess
  16. Maguire
  17. Burns

18. I feel like that squad would be a strong squad to start the year next year, good forward pack not losing much once the forwards rotate, and that’s even still without Kerr or Sullivan
Have we seen any attacking flare from Amone? We can't afford to have another 5/8 without zip. Sullivan has zip. Would have Kerr on the bench, Burns is an 80min grafter, no impact off the bench. A fresh Kerr against tired defence would be much more damaging. Sims is another that could destroy off the bench.

Como Connection

First Grade
Have we seen any attacking flare from Amone? We can't afford to have another 5/8 without zip. Sullivan has zip. Would have Kerr on the bench, Burns is an 80min grafter, no impact off the bench. A fresh Kerr against tired defence would be much more damaging. Sims is another that could destroy off the bench.
Burns is better than a grafter, given up on Kerr, Amone apparently is a 5/8 so play him there, Sullivan can wait for a run in 7, Sims to become a impact player.
I agree.
CC

thebigredv

First Grade
Haha, just watched Tales from Tigertown.
Madge rips into his players for patting themselves on the back so much after “only beating St George”.
You know you’re in trouble when the Tigers are mocking you!

That's just the magnitude of the situation. They then went on to wipe us off completely the next meeting.

Utterly embarrassing whether we are rebuilding or not. Our playing group deserve far harsher sprays then what Madge dishes out.

BIG RIG

Juniors
  1. Sloane
  2. Ravalawa
  3. Lomax
  4. Bird
  5. Feagai
  6. Amone
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. McCullough
  10. Molo
  11. Sua
  12. Sims
  13. De belin
  14. Mbye
  15. Burgess
  16. Maguire
  17. Burns

I still reckon we need another genuine first grade prop and maybe another centre - we still got Vaughan’s money so I’m assuming after Mbye we are not done on the market just yet

Trifili13

Juniors
I still reckon we need another genuine first grade prop and maybe another centre - we still got Vaughan’s money so I’m assuming after Mbye we are not done on the market just yet
You say we need another genuine first grade. I must be missing something, but I didn't know we already had one to want another one. Can you point him out for me?🤣

Latest posts