What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

BLM01

First Grade
At least it shows the coaching/recruitment staff are taking the season more seriously than the players who clocked off the Friday night after beating the Warriors!
Maybe a look at a potential 22 hooker depth or main hooker signing
goes OK and young
Don’t be surprised if McCulloch retires before or during next year cause of injuries but will stay employed

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
George Burgess involved in a incident with another driver.
Apparently grabbed the other drivers phone..
Geez we know how to pick em

TruSaint

Referee
Whats been reported thus far.

St George Illawarra recruit George Burgess being investigated by NRL integrity unit over road incident​

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F90bc8d92-514f-4d3e-9490-46c6cdf8f196
By Brett Graham
an hour ago

St George Illawarra recruit George Burgess is being investigated by both the police and the NRL integrity unit over an alleged incident in Wollongong last night.
Burgess is alleged to have damaged a mobile phone belonging to another man.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports Burgess noticed he was being filmed by a person in another vehicle, and will allege he was not the aggressor in the situation.

"Officers attached to Wollongong Police District have commenced an investigation following an incident at Denison Street, Wollongong, about 6.30pm yesterday (Monday 23 August 2021), where a mobile phone was allegedly damaged," NSW police said in a statement.

"It is alleged a verbal altercation occurred between two men - aged 32 and 29 - before the younger man grabbed the older man's mobile phone and threw it on the roadway.

"The incident was reported to police and inquiries are continuing."
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F74bec3e2-1e9c-461b-8a4e-5f3dd4c60eb6

George Burgess runs the ball during his brief stint with Wigan. (Getty)
Burgess recently agreed to a two-year deal with St George Illawarra, starting next season.

"St George Illawarra are aware of an alleged road incident involving 2022 recruit George Burgess," the club said.

"The NRL integrity unit have been informed. As the police are currently investigating the matter, the Dragons will be making no further comment at this stage."
MORE TO COME.

My guess is Lussick to start at Hooker, McGuire back to the front row or lock all else to remain equal with perhaps Sloane coming back in for Dufty.
Nope Griffin has benched him. Sullivan retains starting hooker. Slow poke,untalented Bird back in the centres too. Yes Sloan back for Dufty. At least one good selection. Some of Griffin's selections make Mary look like a great coach.

coastiedragon

Juniors
Nope Griffin has benched him. Sullivan retains starting hooker. Slow poke,untalented Bird back in the centres too. Yes Sloan back for Dufty. At least one good selection. Some of Griffin's selections make Mary look like a great
Untalented bird, are you serious mate least he plays for the jersey and backs himself think he has been 1 of our better players

jeffdragon

Bench
Whats been reported thus far.

St George Illawarra recruit George Burgess being investigated by NRL integrity unit over road incident​

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F90bc8d92-514f-4d3e-9490-46c6cdf8f196
By Brett Graham
an hour ago

St George Illawarra recruit George Burgess is being investigated by both the police and the NRL integrity unit over an alleged incident in Wollongong last night.
Burgess is alleged to have damaged a mobile phone belonging to another man.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports Burgess noticed he was being filmed by a person in another vehicle, and will allege he was not the aggressor in the situation.

"Officers attached to Wollongong Police District have commenced an investigation following an incident at Denison Street, Wollongong, about 6.30pm yesterday (Monday 23 August 2021), where a mobile phone was allegedly damaged," NSW police said in a statement.

"It is alleged a verbal altercation occurred between two men - aged 32 and 29 - before the younger man grabbed the older man's mobile phone and threw it on the roadway.

"The incident was reported to police and inquiries are continuing."
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F74bec3e2-1e9c-461b-8a4e-5f3dd4c60eb6

George Burgess runs the ball during his brief stint with Wigan. (Getty)
Burgess recently agreed to a two-year deal with St George Illawarra, starting next season.

"St George Illawarra are aware of an alleged road incident involving 2022 recruit George Burgess," the club said.

"The NRL integrity unit have been informed. As the police are currently investigating the matter, the Dragons will be making no further comment at this stage."
MORE TO COME.

Take the guys number plate and avoid confrontation,.would be the commonsense approach in my opinion
. The last thing this club needs is another issue with one of their players let alone a new signing.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
i must admit there are some serious cockheads out there though that think they own the road

he may have been sitting in the car for all we know and someone lost it at him while in the car with the kids etc

too early to judge just yet

BLM01

First Grade
I want to know how the truckie knew it was George at night..
Denison Street is one lane each way unless it was stopped at a set of traffic lights where they offer 2 lanes side by side
I would of done the same if someone was filming me and my wife / kids without my consent
Is there not laws yet in regards to that?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Denison Street is one lane each way unless it was stopped at a set of traffic lights where they offer 2 lanes side by side
I would of done the same if someone was filming me and my wife / kids without my consent
There are in relation to children in certain contexts - but people fully clothed in public unfortunately are fair game depending on what the filmer intends to do with the material. The fact the guy was in a vehicle at least made it possible to identify him and report it to the police in case he did something with the recording that was illegal. Pre-Covid, papparazzi and opportunists hanging around night spots, camera/phone at the ready, waiting for a scoop were usually the problem.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Fact: Quite often at the moment Denison St is one way northbound only as the southbound lane is frequently blocked by cars queuing for a drive-in Covid test at Southern Pathology. To head south you have to wait for a break in the traffic and overtake the queue via the right hand side of the street.

Conjecture: If George was in his stationary car awaiting a Covid test then a truckie with a camera would represent a serious breach of privacy in my opinion.