What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 squad

R-15-3

Juniors
thats some massive keyboard criticism from someone i doubt even knows the guy
It comes from 2 things

1. Not wanting to sign for more than 1 year prior to his current deal as he said if he signed longer he would find it hard to stay motivated to push himself.

2. In games you can see him switch off mentally in patches in every game not due to fatigue just struggles to be switched on the whole time he is on the field.

I didn’t mean it as a go at him personally as such I just don’t see him as someone who will play top grade at his highest potential long term most people can’t.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
It comes from 2 things

1. Not wanting to sign for more than 1 year prior to his current deal as he said if he signed longer he would find it hard to stay motivated to push himself.

2. In games you can see him switch off mentally in patches in every game not due to fatigue just struggles to be switched on the whole time he is on the field.

I didn’t mean it as a go at him personally as such I just don’t see him as someone who will play top grade at his highest potential long term most people can’t.
Fair calls. I love him as a player and how he plays… I see the biggest risk with him being the fact he likes to put those big borderline hits on and the possibility of a lengthy suspension given his record. Just on the vax thing…I’m dealing with a number of islanders atm and one of their requirements was the double vax. Was a lot of initial resistance from them in general. Beautiful souls that believe in natural remedies from my experience. What is the NRL stance on the vax atm?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Cheers, thanks.

Still for someone signing his first real NRL deal and playing semi-regular first grade for the first time you'd think he'd prioritise his football career a little more. The Dogs have drawn the line in the sand with Asiata and told him he's getting jabbed or walking.

Given the forwards we have: Finucane, Rudolf, Wilton, Nikora, Graham, BHU, Hunt, McInnes and Williams he might be flat out making the top 17 anyway.

Football is the be all and end all?

I think everyone should get it but if snarks have the courage of their convictions to abstain based on beliefs or heath then so be it.

Thick Skinned Shark will go to town on this if he reads it LOL LOL

Inferno

Coach
Football is the be all and end all?

I think everyone should get it but if snarks have the courage of their convictions to abstain based on beliefs or heath then so be it.

Thick Skinned Shark will go to town on this if he reads it LOL LOL

It's absolutely not the be all and end all. But for someone who has worked as long and hard as he has to get to where he is I see it as surprising. From a financial perspective most NRL players earn the most money they ever will in their lives playing footy.

I'm not judging anyone who doesn't get it, they're the ones that have to deal with the consequences. If they're prepared to then good luck to them.

According to the Telegraph our holdout has gotten the jab.
I hope so . Key player IMHO.Just to hypocritally add some non football opinions , I recently read some ant vaxers "truth" . They try to link the global elite with spreading killer Vax to undesirables.Im not a denialist of global elite trying to control population growth and even going to lengths of releasing viruses to do so. BUT WHY WOULD "THEY" WANT TO TARGET THE OBEDIANT AND COMPLYING FOLKS GETTING VACCINATED?

Special K

Coach
I heard he had his first dose maybe a week or two ago now. I think it was posted about at the time too

Weaponhead

Coach
I think we are a bit light on in the front row. Starting pack will be very light with no one over 110kg (assuming BHU doesn't start) and a few under 100kg. Will be interesting to see how Fitz adjusts game plan to suit. Perhaps a high tempo game with more passing in the forwards to avoid 1 out running and gang tackling? Wingers and Centres will need to be good getting over the advantage line in get out sets. Power runners (BHU, Royce, Talakai etc) coming off the bench once the sting comes out.... Could be interesting.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Reckon he will sit and wait knowing he has cap in 2023. Need some early calls on those guys on big $ who are not contracted past 2022

Tiger Shark

Bench
I’d say the rest of the spots in the squad will go to train and trials/promotions.
That and keep some spots open for a mid season signing. If the last few years are anything to go by they'll be some good players available, keeping some cap space handy is important.

And worst case we don't sign anyone just front load someone and have space for 2023.

bluefox68

Staff member
I think we are a bit light on in the front row. Starting pack will be very light with no one over 110kg (assuming BHU doesn't start) and a few under 100kg. Will be interesting to see how Fitz adjusts game plan to suit. Perhaps a high tempo game with more passing in the forwards to avoid 1 out running and gang tackling? Wingers and Centres will need to be good getting over the advantage line in get out sets. Power runners (BHU, Royce, Talakai etc) coming off the bench once the sting comes out.... Could be interesting.
I don’t think we need massive guys. The only ones that work are the ‘freaks’ - Josh Paoalii, Payne Haas, Junior Paulo…

Pele could be in this category.
Hunt looks like a beast…

Weaponhead

Coach
That and keep some spots open for a mid season signing. If the last few years are anything to go by they'll be some good players available, keeping some cap space handy is important.

And worst case we don't sign anyone just front load someone and have space for 2023.
Front load is a smart play. Market is a bit hot now with Dolphins desperate. The club seems to be taking a measured approach of targeting the right players at the right value.

Weaponhead

Coach
I don’t think we need massive guys. The only ones that work are the ‘freaks’ - Josh Paoalii, Payne Haas, Junior Paulo…

Pele could be in this category.
Hunt looks like a beast…
They don't have to be massive but they need to bend the line and take the pack forward. We need someone who can build some momentum for the set. Fisher Harris isn't huge but he plays a key role getting the Penny's going forward.

sladden road

Juniors
They don't have to be massive but they need to bend the line and take the pack forward. We need someone who can build some momentum for the set. Fisher Harris isn't huge but he plays a key role getting the Penny's going forward.

for mine it’s the link players like Radley, Yeoh and Crichton that are providing the value in this form of Rugba League.
I reckon we have the coach smarts now it’s do we have the player smarts. Finucane is a massive step in the right direction, as well as McInnes.

Latest posts