What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 squad

coolumsharkie

Referee
Haha Ah f**k... Not a fan of that kinda coaching mind game bullshit.. 'at this club, we have standards: cold wash only'
Hasn't worked in the past, just manage the team and cut out the building a temple bullshit. Everyone is different and managing the players should be handled with this in mind.

Special K

Coach
I don't see a problem with it and I struggle the negatives of it. Buy in, give a shit or f**k off. Just one of many standards. It is not as if the players only are given one or two shirts. They are given a load of gear which most of them give away at the end of the year anyway. The club is paying you 100k up to what 900k or so and you can't be f**ked to not lose your gear then that is some reflection on your attitude.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Hasn't worked in the past, just manage the team and cut out the building a temple bullshit. Everyone is different and managing the players should be handled with this in mind.
And you know it hasn’t worked in the past? It’s not something he learnt from the Roosters or maybe Dale brought from the Storm?

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Anyone who has ever worked in a role where you get transferred into a new location where you have possibly hundreds of people reporting to you indirectly or directly knows you get one chance to set your standard.

I have no problem with this approach whatsoever.

Chimp

Juniors
It’s an absolutely nothing story - I saw the exact same quote from the Mole on Twitter and immediately thought the players being unhappy bit was a load of bollocks. And if it isn’t, any player who’s got the sulk on over something so petty needs to be shown the door anyway.

DJDL

Bench
Anyone care to post what was actually said, for those of us who get the same error as Quigs when clicking the image?

R-15-3

Juniors
If u get a work uniform and lose it u need to buy a new one, 16 year old kids at maccas being paid min wage need to buy a new shirt if they lose it or most industries you need to buy your own cloths you wear to work.
They get given shiploads of free stuff if u want or need more god forbid needing to pay for your own cloths.

coolumsharkie

Referee
And you know it hasn’t worked in the past? It’s not something he learnt from the Roosters or maybe Dale brought from the Storm?
There have been a few failures over the years, even though it's a nothing story. Wayne Pierce had a brief stint at Coach and did similar, was more elaborating on Ghoti's post. Good man managers earn respect over time. Bennett, Bellamy e.g. treat players like family with no silly expectations.

Tiger Shark

Bench
There have been a few failures over the years, even though it's a nothing story. Wayne Pierce had a brief stint at Coach and did similar, was more elaborating on Ghoti's post. Good man managers earn respect over time. Bennett, Bellamy e.g. treat players like family with no silly expectations.
You don’t know Bellamy etc don’t do things similar. Such a nothing story.

Quigs

Immortal
Bennett and problem player management. Over the decades particularly at the Donks how many times did you see "things" just get covered up and the story quietly closed down .... then when/if the story actually broke the Creepin' would say it was the boys just being boyz or that is out of character he is not like that.

I remember one Bennett interview where he said that there are some blokes you just can't turn into role models, you just have to let them be them (or words to that effect)

Until of course it got so bad that the offender was shown the door. See ya later.

Bellyache at the Storm seemed not to have to worry about problem players to munch over the years until last season and this one. You can see he certainly doesn't like it and being put into that position.

chewsta

First Grade
I like it. If you want to be a part of the club, respect the brand and wear it with pride.
Little extra efforts on and off the field, will go a long way over time.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
“If I’m not letting you get away with losing your gear, do you think you get away with anything during training?”

Special K

Coach
Bellamy sends them to a work site before they can even join his sessions!

Weaponhead

Coach
As with all these measures, it is not just what is said, it is how it is said that counts.

Given what we know about Fitz, it is likely this wasn't done without some clear thought and a clear explanation.

Latest posts