What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Targets

Stake Removed

First Grade
If any of the players want to play the walk card, the club should ask them to step forward man up and say you don't want to play.
That would mean your contract is void payment stopped and go find another club who will pay you.
It's not first time a coach hasn't been kept, and won't be the last.

There are talks that some of the players will go with Morris, that's fine. The way some are playing they will end up at Manly or the Tigers.

I have a feeling the Fitzgibbon signing is the start of a chain reaction that will shake and shape the club.
In fairness it is The Mole and uses "one player told me" lingo
I would have a guess and say the ones who are "going to walk" are the ones that may not be wanted by the new regime and know that Bomber wanted to keep them.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/cronul...ris-goes/23fc44b0-6bbd-4a93-b9a4-3a354b5591ef

CRONULLA face the real possibility of a player walkout if coach John Morris is sent packing at the end of the season.

The popular Morris seems a dead man walking, with Roosters assistant Craig Fitzgibbon freely being tipped to take his job in 2022.

But Morris is so popular among the Sharks players that several off contract stars are talking about quitting the club should the change occur.

"'Bomber' has been great for us and got us to the finals twice in two years," one Sharks player told me.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fd81deea9-cf04-4f0c-b333-016ae19b871b

John Morris. (Getty) (Getty)
"We are hearing he was going to be sacked before the season started - it's just not right.

"Don't be surprised if plenty of the boys look to get out next year as well in a show of solidarity."

Star Kiwi Shaun Johnson left not doubt as to his views when asked about Morris' impending sacking on FOX Sports last night.

"I think everyone that's aware of the situation would definitely be feeling the same about it," Johnson said.

"I look at the facts, bro. I don't know how you can have a coach who has been throw in at the deep end right at the start.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F88468075-a192-42c7-bf94-56a01ad5bd00

John Morris is set to be axed for Craig Fitzgibbon. (Getty) (Getty)
"He had to take over a difficult situation at the star with Flanagan leaving.

"He's gone after it, taken the side to the finals the last two years and finds himself in the position he is now. It's disappointing, certainly disappointing.

"If I was at the club next year I'd love Bomber [Morris] to be around.

"For me personally, he has definitely brought a better version of myself out."

The Sharks have a host of players off contract, headed by Johnson, Matt Moylan, Aaron Woods, Josh Dugan, Toby Rudolf, Mawene Hiroti, William Kennedy, Billy Magoulias, Aiden Tolman, Connor Tracey and Braydon Trindall.

R-15-3

Bench
Find it strange that the club has kept everything behind closed doors and no leaks, but when something comes out ( Fitz story comes from the roosters ) all the world know what’s going on.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Find it strange that the club has kept everything behind closed doors and no leaks, but when something comes out ( Fitz story comes from the roosters ) all the world know what’s going on.
Yeah it’s so strange , like they’re making it up. Surely they wouldn’t do that.

Like when the Bellamy news came out and all of a sudden every knew something.

The players "walking" - where are they walking to? Following Bomber where?

Half the roster is off contract, the other half mostly still forging careers or ending them. Even Wade getting pissy wouldn't hurt much anymore.
That's why I put up earlier that it wouldn't be hard to guess who are the supposed ones walking
Those that are trying to save their careers and see Morris as their saviour.
If this coaching change goes ahead you will see players change their tune very quickly. They'll either be wanting to impress the new boss or impress other teams boss to keep their careers alive.
I keep getting a feeling that Chad will be at the Tigers next year. I don't know this, it's just something hovering about in the stratosphere

AJB1102

First Grade
That's why I put up earlier that it wouldn't be hard to guess who are the supposed ones walking
If this coaching change goes ahead you will see players change their tune very quickly. They'll either be wanting to impress the new boss or impress other teams boss to keep their careers alive.
I keep getting a feeling that Chad will be at the Tigers next year. I don't know this, it's just something hovering about in the stratosphere

If you're gonna turf your coach and a bunch of players - as every club does eventually - there's no better time than when they're all off contract so no payouts or large number of contracted players having leverage to sway decisions.

Plenty of coin to replace who ya didn't want anyway as well as any who were only loyal to the bloke not the badge.

How far ya reckon a bloke like Woods follows Bomber on principles if we throw him a $300k bone no one else does (which I hope we don't)?

Chad would be an upgrade on Brooks. Apparently Brooks on $950k another 2 years!

You tease you