What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Team

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Do we think Lee is going to return to nsw cup? Or go straight into first grade?

thinking about bringing Young into my SuperCoach team, but I have a feeling that him and Tuala are going to be dropped for Hunt and Lee when they return
Lee will go straight to reserves, hasnt played in 1 1/2 years and made of glass. Let's see if he can string together a few games without breaking a bone, and how confident he is in his body. I suspect a few games in and he'll do a hammy.

Tuala and Young are our best wingers, both young so consistency or injury the only way I can see Hunt or Lee getting a look in.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I've always been a fan of Eddie and I thought he was in great form prior to his injury. Always dangerous under the high ball and solid in defence. I still remember fondly his runaway try in his first game for us against the Sharks.

But the thing is we have Dom Young now and with Craig Bellamy wanting him at the Storm, it's simply going to be a matter of us either using him or losing him. Dom is a special talent and has a lot of tomorrows. I kind of liken it to the Panthers letting go of Josh Mansour, who was still in good form, so they could keep Charlie Staines. Ultimately if you keep your best young talent in reserves for too long, they're going to look for an opportunity at another club.

In an ideal world Simi Sasagi can finally stay on the field and push to take that spot. The new club policy of only playing juniors in their own age group had him playing #14 in u/20's for round 1. Don't mind the rule as a whole but Simi has been training full-time with first grade for a few seasons now, he should be playing against grown men in reggies.
Well you've got your wish cause Sasagi has been named at 13 in NSWCup this week

Johns Magic

Referee
So if Fitzgibbon is out for a while, who slots in at second-row?

My guess is they shift Barnett there but I’m not sure I like that option. If he’s fit I’d probably prefer Brodie Jones. Momoisea seems untrusted.

None appeal too much.

macavity

Referee

My guess is they shift Barnett there but I’m not sure I like that option. If he’s fit I’d probably prefer Brodie Jones. Momoisea seems untrusted.

None appeal too much.
Sasagi?

Jono078

Referee

None appeal too much.
I thought the same about Momoisea today. He's not getting much playing minutes so there must be some concerns.

This is why we really needed to sign an edge forward in the off-season!

Johns Magic

Referee
Has anyone noticed Brock Gardner has suddenly returned to the club ? 18th man for NSW Cup this week out of nowhere.

He was a highly rated second-rower in our juniors who Souths poached and were raving about until he did his achilles last pre-season.

I wonder if his return was always on the cards or has been a response to Fitzgibbon going down. Either way we are screaming out for second-rowers.

PhilGould

Bench
Spent the pre-season with the Raiders on a train and trial deal but evidently they didn't want him so he came home. Could play himself into a debut if he's still as good as he was pre-injury.

Johns Magic

Referee
Spent the pre-season with the Raiders on a train and trial deal but evidently they didn't want him so he came home. Could play himself into a debut if he's still as good as he was pre-injury.

I guess you can’t rule out that the Knights came knocking and it was decided better for him to take up a similar opportunity at home than all the way down there.

The Raiders have plenty of second-row options so in terms of a path to first-grade I’d think it makes sense too.

slotmachine

First Grade
Played for Lakes last weekend. Don't think there was any grand plan, the Knights probably saw he was kicking around back in town and though it was worth throwing him a bone.