What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023-2028 next tv deal discussion

No competitive tension , no significant increase.

The aflol is offering no extra content & nothing new & is performing fairly averagely on all platforms so what would drive a big rise , now the competition doesn't exist & no other bids will come in ( was never happening anyway)
inflation is about all they can expect ... 5% from its current partners

so thats a 20 mill pa increase from Ch 7 & foxtel , 7 up to 155 mill pa
foxtel up to 230 million

The key is telstra's role & the 50 million it currently outlays for essentially nothing in return. They originally paid that amount for exclusive streaming rights & now get replays & some website work.
If I was a telstra exec id' be wondering why the continued big outlay for very little in return & if I was a shareholder I'd be scratching my head even more. Time to review the involvement.. at that price ..

however
if Telstra .. do .. keep forking it out at that rate , the new deal amount will be around 435 to 440 mill pa

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
Which the nrl will trump with team 18.

if the afl only gets 430 million they will need to cut spending to avoid making losses

The NRL has the option to review its 403 mill pa with its broadcast partners
ch9
Sky NZ
foxtel

Should it decide to add an 18th team & a 9th game in the life of the next deal 2023-27
I expect they will & do it for the final 2 seasons of the deal. 2026 & 2027 & I expect it to be NZ2 with Sky offering a significant increase on their present deal amount of 32 mill pa , possibly even doubling it.
Ch 9 & Foxtel adding that much again for extra content. Pushing the NRL's deal up to about 460-470 mill pa

At worst it will eclipse the AFL's deal & we will be infront again ( where we belong ) for the first time since 1992😎

Wb1234

Referee
ch9
Sky NZ
foxtel

Should it decide to add an 18th team & a 9th game in the life of the next deal 2023-27
I expect they will & do it for the final 2 seasons of the deal. 2026 & 2027 & I expect it to be NZ2 with Sky offering a significant increase on their present deal amount of 32 mill pa , possibly even doubling it.
Ch 9 & Foxtel adding that much again for extra content. Pushing the NRL's deal up to about 460-470 mill pa

At worst it will eclipse the AFL's deal & we will be infront again ( where we belong ) for the first time since 1992😎
I can’t wait for the Inevitable meltdown this post will cause from certain people on this forum

The_Wookie

Bench
Yes I do want to draw conclusions from this story , which seems spot on in on what is happening to Paramount global in relation to a Ten and paramount global bid. The part about CNN+ relates to the stake that Warner/Bros Discovery have in CBS Paramount global. Not a direct link but a link nonetheless
"
Warner Bros. Discovery, Inc. (WBD) is an American multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate. It was formed by the spin-off of WarnerMedia by AT&T, and its merger with Discovery, Inc. on April 8, 2022.

The company's properties are divided into nine business units, including the flagship Warner Bros.' film and television studios, Home Box Office, Inc. (which includes HBO, Cinemax and Magnolia Network), CNN, U.S. Networks (which comprises linear television properties such as Animal Planet, TLC, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Discovery Channel, Turner Classic Movies, Food Network, HGTV, TBS, TNT, and TruTV), and a stake in the broadcast network The CW (co-owned with Paramount Global),"

So the part about management cutting costs and their ignorance of Tens finacial postion as well as it's profit position will cause a non bid - It's like head office has to pay the bid price, but head office is only interested in cutting costs, so this points to the fact that a non bid , because head office wont fund it.

Dude its still literally based on a single salary reduction. And sourced from the New York Post. I mean you be you, but the sourcing is f**king laughable.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The key is telstra's role & the 50 million it currently outlays for essentially nothing in return. They originally paid that amount for exclusive streaming rights & now get replays & some website
you keep saying that and ignoring the fact, despite being told numerous times, telstra are actually paying afl for their digital content platforms which they keep all advertising revenue from.

Perth Red

Post Whore
ch9
Sky NZ
foxtel

I expect you’ll be wrong on numerous fronts lol

you keep saying that and ignoring the fact, despite being told numerous times, telstra are actually paying afl for their digital content platforms which they keep all advertising revenue from.
Which is the same as exclusive streaming rights is it ? ya know dummy
what they paid 50 million pa for

What they get now is worth less then half that

Perth Red

Post Whore
Which is the same as exclusive streaming rights is it ? ya know dummy
what they paid 50 million pa for

What they get now is worth less then half that
No it isn’t. It’s the digital Platforms such as websites, Twitter etc for afl and it’s clubs, which telstra sell the advertising on and keep that revenue. Nothing to do with Live streaming. Telstra never charged its customers for live streaming so got no revenue directly from it, it was a nice value add for their customers, not a revenue generator.

No it isn’t. It’s the digital Platforms such as websites, Twitter etc for afl and it’s clubs, which telstra sell the advertising on and keep that revenue. Nothing to do with Live streaming. Telstra never charged its customers for live streaming so got no revenue directly from it, it was a nice value add for their customers, not a revenue generator.
you dribbling moron

they got revenue from selling plans to people who.. actually.. wanted what they were offering , exclusive streaming 🤣
probably 10 times the revenue they get from the crap they cover now ...Who the hell pays for twitter , access to websites & other such nonsense

thats right .. no one. Telstra would have attracted not one new plan purchaser from that rubbish.

The statement stands that Telstra gets no value from their present arrangement with the aflol.
Everyone on here knows you're the forum village idiot.. so , theres no need for you to post the utter garbage you do to confirm it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
you dribbling moron

they got revenue from selling plans to people who.. actually.. wanted what they were offering , exclusive streaming 🤣
Yeh that’s why they are continuing to pay the same after losing those rights, because they are such a generous company?
Or maybe the real value is in controlling the digital platforms of afl? Which do you think dckhead?

Yeh that’s why they are continuing to pay the same after losing those rights, because they are such a generous company?
Or maybe the real value is in controlling the digital platforms of afl? Which do you think dckhead?
Maybe the exec who signed the dodgey deal is a fumble*tard loving F stick like you
he & this ridiculous deal with be exposed soon , shareholders will keep the bastards honest 😎

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe the exec who signed the dodgey deal is a football fan loving F stick like you
he & this ridiculous deal with be exposed soon , shareholders will keep the bastards honest 😎
Yeh right, telstra has now become a philanthropist and is donating to afl Lol. do you read the nonsense you write? Idiot.

The value for them is in the digital control and advertising, not the streaming, hence why the deal is the same for 22-24 despite no streaming.

Yeh right, telstra has now become a philanthropist and is donating to afl Lol. do you read the nonsense you write? Idiot.

The value for them is in the digital control and advertising, not the streaming, hence why the deal is the same for 22-24 despite no streaming.
keep dribbling forum village idiot , no one is listening , they're being dudded , F the digital control .. its fluff

the meat they had they lost & when they get serious about it , they won't re sign for that ridiculous amount of 50 mill pa
the rubbish they got for that aint worth half that amount

Perth Red

Post Whore
keep dribbling forum village idiot , no one is listening , they're being dudded , F the digital control .. its fluff

the meat they had they lost & when they get serious about it , they won't re sign for that ridiculous amount of 50 mill pa
the rubbish they got for that aint worth half that amount
haha you’ve got no fcking idea.

Latest posts