What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023-2028 next tv deal discussion

obviously cricket is the only sport worth watchomg and thus paying for. Let the halfwits who still watch football after their 10th birthday get it on free to air. They need the money.
Its hard to make ends meet when you have the iq of a potato
ah

ok

well we'll leave you to your watchomg cricket

upgrading wii fi at a stadium & some apps

up to 60 mill pa for that ?
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

If you believe that Ive got a bridge to sell you , oh & we can do a flag pole on it too if you want
😎

Perth Red

Post Whore
i do agree that taking telstra out of the afl deal and adding in radio rights to their total is the only fair way to compare apples with apples.

why telstra pays us just $19mill for everything inc naming rights minus digital revenue rights when they pay afl $50-60mill plus $21mill naming rights from other sources is an entirely different question that still needs to be answered!

apples with apples

2023 $402v433
2024 $402v433
2025 $402 v593
2026 $402v593
2027 $402v593

Iamback

Coach
Matters for your discussion, doesnt matter in a modern world where rights are more than traditional broadcast. Notably this includes Kayo and Nines BVOD offerings .... but again how technical do you want to be here.

The Thread is TV deal
How much does FTA/Pay TV pay. Both those are covered by the relevant party.

I haven't commented on the NRL TV deal either for that matter, Until we know what particularly the Fox share is then no one knows for sure

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Thread is TV deal

I haven't commented on the NRL FTA deal either for that matter, Until we know what particularly the Fox share is then no one knows for sure
Nrl fta is confirmed as $130mill. $115mill cash, $15mill contra.
skynz quoted as being $32.4m (contra/cash split not known)
nrl quote “over” $400mill which would suggest just a little over
ergo fox must be around $240mill (contra/cash split not known)

thats the nrl deal for the next 5 years broken down. unless it changes lol

Wb1234

Referee
The Thread is TV deal

I haven't commented on the NRL TV deal either for that matter, Until we know what particularly the Fox share is then no one knows for sure
The only real article was from news ltd which said 3.5 billion over 7 years for seven and fox ie 500 million pa.

this includes contra too

but there last deal was 470 million pa with Telstra padding it at 50 million pa so it looks like they have raised their deal by 80 million pa in cash

the Telstra bit is just total bs

Wb1234

Referee
Lmao Telstra aren’t paying the fumble ball for the right to stream games on their network

it’s a fudge referring to contra spending at marvel so it’s not the same

The_Wookie

Bench
Lmao Telstra aren’t paying the fumble ball for the right to stream games on their network

it’s a fudge referring to contra spending at marvel so it’s not the same

Its a hell of a lot more than the contra spend, you really do just read the parts you want to. They arent getting control and operating the AFL/Club website network with its digital replay and highlight rights and taking all the ad revenue from it, for nothing.

Its worth noting that the NRL was making 20+ million a year from its digital arm prior to shelving parts of it. Note that the AFL website is consistently higher ranked than the NRL site for traffic. Telstra arent getting this for free.

LeagueXIII

First Grade

Perth Red

Post Whore
The hatchet job News Corp did on John Grant and Dave Smith was up there with their efforts with numerous politicians.

Grant was driving the digital arm and looking at his credentials we were well placed

Grant had completed an engineering degree at the University of Queensland before taking up a scholarship with Brisbane City Council. He went on to head the information technology company Data3 and become chairman of the Australian Information Industry Association.
Yeh could have been one of the few areas we got ahead of afl for revenue in, then along came Vlandys!

Wb1234

Referee
Its a hell of a lot more than the contra spend, you really do just read the parts you want to. They arent getting control and operating the AFL/Club website network with its digital replay and highlight rights and taking all the ad revenue from it, for nothing.

Its worth noting that the NRL was making 20+ million a year from its digital arm prior to shelving parts of it. Note that the AFL website is consistently higher ranked than the NRL site for traffic. Telstra arent getting this for free.
Oh well take out the contra for marvel stadium and add in the 20 million plus the arlc makes from its digital division for a fair conparison

or just totally ignore it and focus on the two tv deals same same

The_Wookie

Bench
Oh well take out the contra for marvel stadium and add in the 20 million plus the arlc makes from its digital division for a fair conparison

or just totally ignore it and focus on the two tv deals same same

or I can just take the announced rights deals as they are without taking the parts out I dont like. Ill start doing that when you remove the radio components from Nines tv deal.

Note that the AFL announced completely separate radio deals this week.

Perth Red

Post Whore
We would still be a lot less however you want to slice and dice it,
or I can just take the announced rights deals as they are without taking the parts out I dont like. Ill start doing that when you remove the radio components from Nines tv deal.

Note that the AFL announced completely separate radio deals this week.

Exactly what Ive done

apples with apples

2023 $402v433
2024 $402v433
2025 $402 v593
2026 $402v593
2027 $402v593