What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Annual reports

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh true

3 million is profit

ten percent is a percentage of purchase price not sales

probably doing better than 10 percent from what I read
well the revenue must be much higher then if its turning $3mill profit

Canard

Immortal
So they got an increase of $4m yet still had a loss, No wonder the NRL are looking to streamline that process
Isn't the bigger issue, where the money was spent? If it all went to where it was needed, then I have no issue.

I don't believe its in the QRL remit to be a profit making business, but rather one that facilitates and funds the sport within the state.

Vlad59

Bench
Player participation wise by State I think we can say:

NSW - a genuine increase driven by women’s increased participation;
QLD - see above
Victoria - a genuine increase across male and female players
WA - did I miss the participation figures?
SA - small comp survived and grew slightly
NT - increased participation bar mens
Tasmania - fell off the map

bazza

Immortal
Isn't the bigger issue, where the money was spent? If it all went to where it was needed, then I have no issue.

I don't believe its in the QRL remit to be a profit making business, but rather one that facilitates and funds the sport within the state.
yes - a $300k loss on $40m revenue is under 1% of revenue and is a rounding error in a not-for-profit org
As long as they have some money in the bank and/or run similar profits in the future that seems good to me

Iamback

Coach

Of course it is but what changed in that year?

Like they wanted NRL to pay $50k for Foley shield - which in theory is fine but how was it funded earlier, where is that money that was to fund that getting spent?

Then there is the whole scrapping of the u21's comp

There could be genuine reasons for such losses but just handing extra money over, won't fix them

Both States can do with some streamlining

Perth Red

Post Whore
Of course it is but what changed in that year?

Like they wanted NRL to pay $50k for Foley shield - which in theory is fine but how was it funded earlier, where is that money that was to fund that getting spent?

Then there is the whole scrapping of the u21's comp

There could be genuine reasons for such losses but just handing extra money over, won't fix them

Both States can do with some streamlining
Clydesdales, cost them $300k that they expected the NRl to pick up. And who have now done so for this year.

Latest posts