What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I had the "pleasant" experience of trying to buy 10 tix in the 2nd tier corners for the darbz in rd2 last week on ticketek.

Absolute cluster of a website, ticketmaster shits all over it. It wanted the phone numbers of all the recipients of the mobile tickets before it would let me pay. Never had that requirement before but okay....... go to enter them in, there was nowhere to enter the other 9 phone numbers on the mobile website. I gave the phone to a workmate just incase i had a brain fart, no dice so i had to go back and make them PDF print outs, then my tickets were timed out. Go back to buy them, oh they're sold now, cheers merkins.

Go to get 10 more, they're now in the 3rd tier but if i get 7 and then add on 3 there's ones near each other back down on the 2nd tier NE corner. Let's do that, get the 7, get the 3 and those ones are now elsewhere in the stadium so i elect to move them to the 3 near my other 7, click on the 3 vacant seats behind the 7 'this selection does not match your previous quota selection'.........

f**k ticketek.
Agree - ticketek is an absolute disaster. Their interactive map is horrendous too.

The Broncos use Ticketmaster for their memberships and it's awesome. Given the Gabba, Metricon and QCBS are through Ticketmaster, once Suncorp's contract with Ticketek expires we might be in luck with a change.

Pneuma

First Grade
This strategy from ticket selling agencies shits me to tears and I think it is disgusting.
Opening blocks or certain levels several at a time just does not work and frustrates the f**k out of fans.
Just announce the gig, open the whole stadium to ticket sales, and let fans buy/choose where they want to sit.
None of this staggered bays release selling ticket shit.
It doesn't work and it's why we rarely see completely sold out stadiums anymore, even though many events are announced as sold out.
Hate to think how many ticket sales have been lost through pure frustration.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
This strategy from ticket selling agencies shits me to tears and I think it is disgusting.
Opening blocks or certain levels several at a time just does not work and frustrates the f**k out of fans.
Just announce the gig, open the whole stadium to ticket sales, and let fans buy/choose where they want to sit.
None of this staggered bays release selling ticket shit.
It doesn't work and it's why we rarely see completely sold out stadiums anymore, even though many events are announced as sold out.
Stadium tenants need staggered releases to keep stadium fees down. The issue is that ticketek is useless with this. For example, the dolphins only have one bay in level 5 south for sale - given the area is open (and will be charged) fans should be able to pick any section in level 5 south, not just one.

This is not correct unfortunately.

Tickets are released in stages on the ticketek website. At this stage no seats have been released in level 6, 7 and 5 north. There are still plenty of seats left on level 3 too. I think it will be closer to 30-35k come game day but hopefully more.

Ah sorry, my bad...I misinterpreted the website.

beave

Coach
Makes no sense. Surely they make it 7.30 and allows time for those flying or driving

I think the schedule is now in concrete mate. This game is usually a gimme for FTA, at least it's on a saturday but a day game blows my mind.

yakstorm

First Grade
You would hope the Dolphins could draw a crowd similar to what the Titans did in their season opener back in 07 (42K), though looking at the Ticketek website, there are still a lot of bad on sale in the lower bowl, so that's a long way off.

Doesn't help nrl.com is sending people to the Dolphins Ticketmaster membership page versus the general event.

I know there are a few days until the matches, but I'm surprised how many seats are available in Penrith and Wellington.

I thought the Panthers would pretty much sellout their opener & that Wellington wouldn't be half closed.

yakstorm

First Grade
Round 9 game between Panthers v Wests Tigers in Bathurst is off to a strong start with grandstand sold out and more than 2,000 tickets moved.

Biggest crowd at the venue is 11,253 for last year's match against Newcastle.

beave

Coach
Round 9 game between Panthers v Wests Tigers in Bathurst is off to a strong start with grandstand sold out and more than 2,000 tickets moved.

Biggest crowd at the venue is 11,253 for last year's match against Newcastle.

Is there a reason why a game like this is being taken to Bathurst? I would have thought a western sydney game of this nature would be better suited at Penrith?

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Is there a reason why a game like this is being taken to Bathurst? I would have thought a western sydney game of this nature would be better suited at Penrith?
Puzzling isn’t it kinda like when parra took Penrith to the NT. Maybe it comes down to cash, bathurst might of paid more for the opponent.

Iamback

Coach

luck of the draw, We don't play many regional sides at home, Bathurst Council clearly thought it was the best option