What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Is this the shortest turn around of two teams playing against each other in the same year?

Only 23 days gap from their previous meeting.

Vibing

Juniors
The SMH now reporting South Sydney is expecting a crowd of 40,000 on Friday night!

I’m confused how though - the top tier of the eastern grandstand still isn’t on sale. Or has that been given over to Souths members?
expecting & happening are 2 different things

yakstorm

First Grade
I think the SMH is getting a little carried away with what the crowd could be on Friday.

The match is selling well, with strong sales on Levels 1 & 2 and big uptake from Corporates on Level 3, with a crowd of 30K+ is definitely a strong possibility.

There are a lot of unknowns however, including how many Stadium & Rabbitohs members may turn up, which will possibly be the biggest factor in whether this is a 25K or 35K game.

Harry O

Juniors
I just checked the ticketing for Origin one in Adelaide, and it looks there's still plenty tickets left....
With only 2 weeks to go i hope it sells out.
Or else you'll never hear the end of it from fans from other codes...blah blah blah BS...

Pneuma

First Grade
I just checked the ticketing for Origin one in Adelaide, and it looks there's still plenty tickets left....
Or else you'll never hear the end of it from fans from other codes...blah blah blah BS...
Grounds unsuitable for footy and Adelaide is a dump. Take the money and run.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Here is how ticket sales are going for tomorrow night.

Black line - basically sold.
Maroon line - available to buy.

A crowd with similar sections filled drew 37k for Corey Parker's last game at Suncorp which fell on a Thursday night against the Roosters in 2016. Our game against the raiders had similar sections filled and was just under 32k.

I think we will see 32-34k.

suncorp.gif

Vibing

Juniors
only needs to get to 42K to be a sellout according to the fumblers, I think it'll get that at least

docbrown

Coach
If this gets 40k + NRL should lock it in as Souths v Parra as the Friday night game of indigenous round every year at sfs ..

Another event game like Anzac Day
Agreed. The whole season needs to be built around big event games. Seems like the NRL are finally understanding that.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Dolphins are in front of where they were for the Souths game. Saturday looks like a cracking day in Brisbane, I reckon they will get 26-28k but if they released a heap of areas in the category red they would probably hit 30k.