What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

King-Gutho94

Coach
Dolphins are in front of where they were for the Souths game. Saturday looks like a cracking day in Brisbane, I reckon they will get 26-28k but if they released a heap of areas in the category red they would probably hit 30k.
A question Is it a myth Storm are QLD's 5th team so to speak and popular in QLD.

Obviously having Slater, Smith & Cronk for a decade and a half with success would have built a following in QLD.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
A question Is it a myth Storm are QLD's 5th team so to speak and popular in QLD.

Obviously having Slater, Smith & Cronk for a decade and a half with success would have built a following in QLD.
They are pretty popular with kids in QLD but they aren't as popular as people think, IMO. I think that they would have won a few Crushers fans though.

Cowboys, Parra, and the Dragons (when they are good) have the most away support at Suncorp. Then it would probably be the Bulldogs, Souths, Warriors (when they are good they bring massive support from south Brisbane suburbs), and then Melbourne.

Going forward obviously the Dolphins will bring 15-20k fans to our Suncorp home games.

No1_Eel

Juniors
If Souths/Parra does get 40k does anyone think they would consider moving them to Allianz? I know they signed a contract but surely it might make them at least think about it. I’m actually way closer to Accor and find it easier to get in and out but would rather go to Allianz for an away game.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I would think that a large majority of the SCG Trust members are Roosters supporters though. So I don't feel that 40k is possible - hopefully I'm proven wrong though!

I would think that a large majority of the SCG Trust members are Roosters supporters though. So I don't feel that 40k is possible - hopefully I'm proven wrong though!
I think there’s a fair chunk who are Waratahs fans which would explain a chunk of seats remaining empty despite sellouts. Still don’t know why members seats aren’t made available if members don’t wish to use them.

^^
They must be, as those tickets never went on sale and I don’t see how else the game can get close to 40k.

The Roosters members typically are in the lower tier of the eastern and western grandstands, so it’s an interesting departure from their approach to ticketing.

I’m not sure what marketing Souths is doing amongst the membership, but there’s been no ‘let’s show this is our home’ pitch to the general public.

It’ll be great for the game in Sydney is a non-public holiday fixture becomes a ‘must-do’ on the annual calendar like this. The only game that can currently pull big crowds (30k+) outside public holidays is Roosters / Rabbitohs.

Unfortunately I’m overseas at the moment, so will miss the game, but will have to do it next year!

EuroNymous

Juniors
quick look at origin 3, selling very well way better then last year for game 1. They won't need to do 2 for 1 deals unless its dead rubber

origin 1 looks shaky

Perth Red

Post Whore
I just checked the ticketing for Origin one in Adelaide, and it looks there's still plenty tickets left....
With only 2 weeks to go i hope it sells out.
Or else you'll never hear the end of it from fans from other codes...blah blah blah BS...
There is plenty of advertising for the game across the city. It'll sell out. Stadium is very nice, great location and pretty impressive inside, just been at a 2 day conference inside it. Holds 53k I think.

mongoose

Coach
They are pretty popular with kids in QLD but they aren't as popular as people think, IMO. I think that they would have won a few Crushers fans though.

Cowboys, Parra, and the Dragons (when they are good) have the most away support at Suncorp. Then it would probably be the Bulldogs, Souths, Warriors (when they are good they bring massive support from south Brisbane suburbs), and then Melbourne.

Going forward obviously the Dolphins will bring 15-20k fans to our Suncorp home games.
Fair assessment... I've been to shitloads of Broncos games due to friends who are members and always offering me spare tickets. I found Panthers, Sharks and Knights were usually the lowest drawing teams in Brisbane, although Panthers would have got a boost in the last few years.

Raiders have pretty decent away support in Brisbane - was amazed how many Raiders shirts were at the Storm v Raiders semi final in 2020 and this was when borders were closed so they weren't from interstate....

Even if it doesn't get 40K, it's worthwhile trying to make it an Event game. Anything 25K+ is a solid base to take it to that next level and make it something people want to attend.

Yeah agreed. 25-30k is what the Indigenous All Stars game typically draws and has been a very successful addition to the representative calendar. A comparable crowd for the marquee game of Indigenous Round in Sydney would be a success too.

To be honest, it would be nice to see the City of Sydney throw it’s weight behind South Sydney a bit more. Technically it is THE club’s home turf and it would have been pretty sweet to see the city decorated with Indigenous Round banners the way we typically see banners go up for the lines of Vivid and NYE. Heck, get a lighting show up on the Opera House sails and the whole city will take notice.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I think there’s a fair chunk who are Waratahs fans which would explain a chunk of seats remaining empty despite sellouts. Still don’t know why members seats aren’t made available if members don’t wish to use them.
They operate like the MCC I think - no plebs welcome!!

King-Gutho94

Coach
Fair assessment... I've been to shitloads of Broncos games due to friends who are members and always offering me spare tickets. I found Panthers, Sharks and Knights were usually the lowest drawing teams in Brisbane, although Panthers would have got a boost in the last few years.

Raiders have pretty decent away support in Brisbane - was amazed how many Raiders shirts were at the Storm v Raiders semi final in 2020 and this was when borders were closed so they weren't from interstate....
Belcher, Meninga factor perhaps.

The raiders were a powerhouse with a few great Qlders before the Broncos were.

yakstorm

First Grade
Pretty much down to just Silver Reserves behind the posts now for Allianz. Diamond, Burrow and all GA (except alcohol free) is now full and there isn't much Gold left at all. Hopefully if there is any capacity left anywhere else in the venue they release it soon to give it the best chance possible of a big crowd.

For Dolphins great seeing additional seats being released on Level 5 and across multiple categories. For the Titans game, I noticed there was a decent number of people sitting between 520 - 524, despite these seats not going on sale or being designated Dolphins member seats. Does anyone know if those bays open to Suncorp members? Or corporates?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Pretty much down to just Silver Reserves behind the posts now for Allianz. Diamond, Burrow and all GA (except alcohol free) is now full and there isn't much Gold left at all. Hopefully if there is any capacity left anywhere else in the venue they release it soon to give it the best chance possible of a big crowd.

For Dolphins great seeing additional seats being released on Level 5 and across multiple categories. For the Titans game, I noticed there was a decent number of people sitting between 520 - 524, despite these seats not going on sale or being designated Dolphins member seats. Does anyone know if those bays open to Suncorp members? Or corporates?
Sections 518-525 are for Suncorp members and members own an allocated seat for the year.

The last 20 rows of 320-323 are also Suncorp members - this is why this area always looks empty on the tele.

2023-seating-map-blank-venue.jpg