What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Pneuma

First Grade
We criticise the game for having no confidence in itself, but when it marches into enemy territory and proclaims itself to be "real footy" we criticise for fear of offending the locals. Big girl`s blouses.

We are Rugby League: we don`t tackle people from behind but front on; we don`t get one point for a miss; we don`t have a shambles of a game that labels itself a sport. We are real footy which we know is really code for `football for real men.`

You have to remember that that advertising slogan isn`t solely aimed at fumbleball fans ( but we love the dig) it`s aimed at the probably thousands and thousands of South Australians that probably don`t like or are indifferent to fumbleball.

Hopefully they`ll go to the game and then go out and buy a bit of League merch. and then walk around town in their `real footy ` merch. And who`s going to argue.
Don`t be scared boys, you won`t get anywhere by creeping about. In there boots and all.
Exactly mate. All these wimps, and it’s always the same mob, complaining about everything. They are such a pack of pencil dicks they are even embarrassed about a promotion that states with pride that our great game is ‘real footy’? A pack of cowards this mob here.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Eels crowd is very average

I fear we may not beat the Swans across two games.

One on one they have the whole market.

Two on one that's sad.

Iamback

Coach
How?
Revenue: 10k extra tickets is min $500k, then add in better corporate sales at Suncorp @$10k a box.
Expense: Suncorp costs around $400k to hire for Broncos (may be cheaper for smaller crowds). It still costs to host a game at Redcliffe stadium (security, maintenance, $1mill capital spend for lights etc).

Extra revenue at Suncorp with 20k = $600k+
Expense to play at Suncorp over Redcliffe =$350k
Profit at Suncorp over Redcliffe = $250k

Sharks only makes sense as they dont have the fans or corporates to sell better facilities to.

The Redcliffe Stadium costs the club would have anyway.

They train there, So need to upkeep anyway.
Wouldn't they use club security anyway?

The Redcliffe corporate stuff sold out months ago.

Your assumption is every corporate box would be sold at Suncorp, Did they all sell out v Souths?

The club played a Thurs night at Suncorp and got 23k

They can now compare to this week and the club has the answer as to what is better

Pneuma

First Grade
Who’s this Fumbleball troll?? Lol AFL ratings in Sydney are flogged by the test Pattern. AFL participation in western Sydney is down by 10%. Yeah they are coming to get us lol.
I was trying to be subtle but nice work. He’s done this a few times. This year participation in Rugby League is up. Crowds are through the roof. Ratings are through the roof. But old mate still complains? Watch with interest mate.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I was trying to be subtle but nice work. He’s done this a few times. This year participation in Rugby League is up. Crowds are through the roof. Ratings are through the roof. But old mate still complains? Watch with interest mate.
Mate we have record ratings and so far crowds are up almost 20%. RL is flying I think the Dolphins have given the game a massive shot in the arm. Brisbane is buzzing for RL like it hasn’t for a long time.

Pneuma

First Grade
Parra tried to give me a heart attack as usual but we got home in the end. I think it’s our highest crowd vs the Cows ever or very close to it. We have a bye and then the Dogs. We win that next Eels game will be well over 20k.
Your mob are weird this year. I can’t predict them. Always fun to watch as a neutral. Love Gutho. Great bloke.

Wb1234

Referee
Trying to get origin three tickets and the only available is in the 600s. Surely they are holding back tickets for later ?

taipan

Referee
So after 25 years of the NRL totally ignoring Adelaide, and refusing to support any real grassroots development of RL there, you think there should be overwhelming interest in the product and that there isnt shows that we should never think about selling the product there? Hmmm.
Here we go. We are a lot of happy little Vegemites. If you think Victorians are fanatical about their product,the Adelaidians are moronically fanatical.
As the Galloping CEO oft stated" fish where the fish are".The fish ain't biting to fill the pot so what.

Adelaide Oval SOO Nov 4 2020 Crowd 25,218.If they've sold 41k for next Wednesday that's 62.5% increase.That's a 62.5% increase on our product.That should put a smile on your face ,then again we gotta look on the dark side.

Last edited:

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Don't you dare accuse me of being an AFL troll...I'm literally the biggest league fan you could ever find, the game is everything to me. I hate the AFL with a passion. That's why I get embarrassed when "we" ("we" used referring to the community that is rugby league @hineyrulz) get made to look bad in our own city.

I always stick up for the game when AFL mates try to say we are nothing blah blah blah, but I'm running out of defences when we get 14k to a Prelim Final rematch at a great ground on a clear Friday Night.

And I do much, much more than occasionally get upset about a poor crowd. I'm always trying to promote ideas in the forum. I've always enjoyed this forum and thought highly of the users within it and their opinions (aside from the legit AFL trolls), but I'm now reconsidering my participation.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I always stick up for the game when AFL mates try to say we are nothing blah blah blah, but I'm running out of defences when we get 14k to a Prelim Final rematch at a great ground on a clear Friday Night.
Get a grip mate, there`s one defence that blows all other defences out of the water.
About 200 000 more viewers every match, every week, the whole bloody year. There is no comeback for that even if they do get a few extra crazies at the ground.

Latest posts