What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Broncos vs Newcastle crowd might end up in the 33-35k range. The weather looks good on Saturday so the walkup could be great.

Here is how sales are tracking:

Black line - pretty much sold out
Maroon line - selling
Blue line - should open for sale before game day
3bd24d3e3060621ec5a58922344c1da5.jpg

Here is how 33.3k looked for the Broncos v Penrith game:
Black line - pretty much full (50-90% full depending on the area)
Maroon line - 20-30% full
Blue line - 10% full
1686124572694.png

Last edited:

Harry O

Juniors
I'm a newby here and not as intelligent as you guys are. Yes I've made mistakes and said things I shouldn't have, but that's what happens when you're a dumbass like me. Sometimes on social media PEOPLE say things about our game and I tend to go off my nuts, I suppose that's the hot blooded culture i was raised in.
So I'll tell you abit about me.
I'm a proud Turkish/ Australian.
My favourite sport was soccer and I was a Fenerbahçe fan and when we played Galatasaray, it had the same atmosphere as State of Origin.
So in saying that, when i seen Rugby League for the first time I fell in love with it. And I ditched soccer for good. Bye bye Charlie to soccer, you'll never be as good as Rugby League.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I'm a newby here and not as intelligent as you guys are. Yes I've made mistakes and said things I shouldn't have, but that's what happens when you're a dumbass like me. Sometimes on social media PEOPLE say things about our game and I tend to go off my nuts, I suppose that's the hot blooded culture i was raised in.
My favourite sport was soccer and I was a Fenerbahçe fan and when we played Galatasaray, it had the same atmosphere as State of Origin.
So in saying that, when i seen Rugby League for the first time I fell in love with it. And I ditched soccer for good. Bye bye Charlie to soccer, you'll never be as good as Rugby League.
Mate, none of us on here are that intelligent, you`re absolutely no different than anyone else on here. As the great author Solzhenitsyn said: " there`s enough smart people in the world, what there isn`t, is enough good people".

Iamback

Coach
I saw on this thread someone predicted 22k for Dogs/Parra. I’m pretty even when one of us has been coming last we have gotten a crowd similar or over that so good to see tickets are tracking well.

Games like these are the ONLY NRL games that should be at Homebush. Two big Sydney supported clubs.

Again a Long weekend with no Sunday night game, RL often misses chances for these event games

Wb1234

Referee
Buddy most of the people on here wouldn’t go to as many games as you do

especially not games where their team isn’t involved like you do

I like reading how many games you go too and you always pick the best ones

don’t justify yourself to randoms on the internet

SouthsCountry

Juniors
you've been the crowd thread MVP so far this year mate...keep it up

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Again a Long weekend with no Sunday night game, RL often misses chances for these event games
yes, and of course the Melburnians have a game on, as they do for ANZAC Eve...so instead of just one 80k crowd they'll pull two... and surprise surprise they leverage their big 3 clubs as always (Colliwobbles, Carlsnobs and Essendon) plus the Demons (for MCC members).

If we were smart, Roosters-Panthers would be our Sunday night (25k), Manly-Dolphins would be Saturday Night (stable, 12-14k), and Raiders-Warriors could be primetime and get a sellout (25k)...

Same thing on ANZAC Eve, Souths-Penrith should have been shifted from the Thursday and that crowd goes from 19k to 35k+

It's not rocket science, and it's not that AFL is any better or worse live, it's just down to the NRL's reluctance to break the schedule a little and do what's best for us and not the rigid TV networks

Iamback

Coach
yes, and of course the Melburnians have a game on, as they do for ANZAC Eve...so instead of just one 80k crowd they'll pull two... and surprise surprise they leverage their big 3 clubs as always (Colliwobbles, Carlsnobs and Essendon) plus the Demons (for MCC members).

If we were smart, Roosters-Panthers would be our Sunday night (25k), Manly-Dolphins would be Saturday Night (stable, 12-14k), and Raiders-Warriors could be primetime and get a sellout (25k)...

Same thing on ANZAC Eve, Souths-Penrith should have been shifted from the Thursday and that crowd goes from 19k to 35k+

It's not rocket science, and it's not that AFL is any better or worse live, it's just down to the NRL's reluctance to break the schedule a little and do what's best for us and not the rigid TV networks

Keep those same match ups next year and the year after so it builds it up into an event

footyfan4life

Juniors
The thing that REALLY shits me about RL branding is that we could actually reclaim “Rugby” if we just played it in the write way…

“Rugby Competition” is clearly going to be a confusing brand and it will NEVER work outside of NSW/QLD/NZ/GB

Instead, if we had a brand “xxxx Rugby” (in the same way sport brand as “xxxx Football”), I think the logic would be straightforward even for first time fans

Even League Rugby makes more sense than what we have now
Nah the name rugby belongs to rugby. You can't just create a different sport and then claim the name of an existing sport belongs to you.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nah the name rugby belongs to rugby. You can't just create a different sport and then claim the name of an existing sport belongs to you.
There is no such sport as ‘rugby’. There is rugby football union and rugby football league. That we allowed them to take the name ‘rugby’ is one of the dumbest mistakes the game made.

Cat 1 and Cat 2 (excl. Cat 2 GA) sold out at Allianz for Roosters vs Panthers on Saturday night.

I got tickets last night for GA, but can't seem to find a PAX number. I think the crowd should be comfortably in the 20-25k range though (no bays have opened in the Tier 4 eastern grandstand).

1686202215215.png

Latest posts