What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You know suncorp better than the rest of us here mate, do you reckon itll be 35k? I'm unsure how suncorp's ticketing works but to me it looks like it is selling well.
35k is definitely possible but we'll need the corporates/stadium members to show up. Given what is sold and that the Phins run with densely filled sections rather than our spaced GA areas a good comparison is their first home game which to date had sold a few more sections and drew 32k. We have a few days to go though, so I'm happy with 35kish at this stage.

Hopefully the media bleat on about this being the Cowboys final chance and get people keen. I think some neutrals might be stoked to get back to Suncorp come Friday too. If I still lived in Brisbane I would be there (and the two games next week for sure)!

Dark Corner

Juniors
Only really Tigers, Dragons & Sharks holding it back at the moment. Sharks have a low capacity but at least they’re selling it out and playing well. Dragons & Tigers are a complete rabble and that would be keeping people away.

Coincidentally Knights & Raiders are the Sharks’ last 2 opponents, Sharks probably need to lose both to miss the top 6.
It's how the Tiger and Dragons are at the bottom.....maybe playing out of 2 or more venues doesn't help the players ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
GWS outdrew Wests today, was hoping it wouldn't happen this year but it did :(

They have to stop playing at Commbank...they'd even get better crowds at Accor for crying out loud.

Home games from next year should be:
Campbelltown (5), Leichhardt (5), Accor (1: Easter/non-Easter year v Canterbury) and Tamworth (1)
The stadium is not the problem, the sht club is. Tigers should commit ft to commbank and make it their home as well. Get the fans used to attending there. Offer free kids membership like eels do. And don’t be so sht on the field Lol.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Crowds - Round 25​

Thu 7:50pmNQL v CROQLD C.B.17,318
Fri 8:00pmWAR v MANGo Media24,112
Fri 8:00pmPAR v SYDCommBank20,076
Sat 3:00pmWST v DOLCommBank9,245
Sat 5:30pmGLD v PENCbus19,101
Sat 7:35pmSGI v MELWIN8,326
Sun 2:05pmNEW v SOUMcD. Jones29,018
Sun 4:05pmCAN v CBYGIO12,402

Round Total: 139,598 / Average per game 17,450
Season Total: 3,384,046 / Average per match: 18,000

nko11

Juniors
Knights fans have already gone on a buying rampage for next week and have quickly sold the lower bowl down to single seats. Surely it will sellout by mid week.

Surely we end up with 3 sellouts next week (Penrith, Knights, and Warriors), + a 35k+ at Suncorp, and the Raiders might even come close to another sellout.

Epic.
Still selling heaps at the moment. If it keeps going like this might be sold by tomorrow. Odds on getting some temporary seats in to boost capacity. Might need it with a potential home final coming.

Can also imagine the round 27 game Dragons vs Knights selling out with the amount of Knights fans likely to travel for it.

jim_57

Staff member
It's how the Tiger and Dragons are at the bottom.....maybe playing out of 2 or more venues doesn't help the players ?

I think their problems are more than just struggling on the field, both have been a rabble for quite some time and there doesn’t seem to be much optimism with the fan base or any faith in the board to turn things around for either club.

The Tigers not really having a home ground probably doesn’t help their case for sure, at least the Dragons only have 2. Tigers should decide on a majority venue where they play 8+ games whether that be Campbelltown, Leichhardt, Commbank, Accor or Allianz who knows.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Still selling heaps at the moment. If it keeps going like this might be sold by tomorrow. Odds on getting some temporary seats in to boost capacity. Might need it with a potential home final coming.

Can also imagine the round 27 game Dragons vs Knights selling out with the amount of Knights fans likely to travel for it.
I guess they could throw in some temporary grandstands like Townsville did for SOO - but I can't see the NRL being competent enough to do it. They didn't for the prelim final in Townsville last year, even though they had two weeks to get it sorted.

1692528150396.png

Dark Corner

Juniors
I think their problems are more than just struggling on the field, both have been a rabble for quite some time and there doesn’t seem to be much optimism with the fan base or any faith in the board to turn things around for either club.

The Tigers not really having a home ground probably doesn’t help their case for sure, at least the Dragons only have 2. Tigers should decide on a majority venue where they play 8+ games whether that be Campbelltown, Leichhardt, Commbank, Accor or Allianz who knows.
Well Allianz should be a no go.

NRLMad

Juniors
Dragons & tigers games - travelling teams, low crowds are both expected really. If it rained you’d be 6k. We have had a good year with weather. Also their positions on the ladder.

Harry O

Juniors
On another positive note, Rabbitohs v Roosters has gone to single seats outside of GA (at least in terms of the lower bowl). Would already be looking at 20k sold I'd say. If it turns (and it's looking likely) into a knockout game, could see a big big crowd.
Cannot wait for this one, had a choice going to manly n tigers Friday but they're both crap, so roosters vs bunnies is a better game to attend, and they both hate each other which makes it even more entertaining...

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
What's even more incredible is that we are going to break the record average with the real chance that the 'big 5' Sydney clubs will all miss the finals.

The Dogs Dragons and Tigers have been absolutely abysmal all season. Parra are done. Only Souths are still in finals contention. It's remarkable that crowds have held up so well.