What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

The Burrow and Gold Opposition now sold out for Rabbitohs v Roosters at Accor. Non-GA remains single seats in lower bowl.

Be nice if the NRL debuted the marketing department to really push this one. Keen to see a PAX update (hopefully I can muster some friends next week and give a PAX update then).

1692538882343.png

What's even more incredible is that we are going to break the record average with the real chance that the 'big 5' Sydney clubs will all miss the finals.

The Dogs Dragons and Tigers have been absolutely abysmal all season. Parra are done. Only Souths are still in finals contention. It's remarkable that crowds have held up so well.
Why is it remarkable that the best football comp on the planet should attract good crowds?

Dragons & Tigers are a complete rabble and that would be keeping people away.
Do you mean they're in 16th and 17th on the ladder?

I'll make a prediction. There's a strong chance two teams will finish 16th and 17th in 2024. Seems to happen every year. Very depressing.

Teams in 16th and 17th are offensive. They drag the comp down. Decent people keep away.

Brian potter

First Grade

I'll make a prediction. There's a strong chance two teams will finish 16th and 17th in 2024. Seems to happen every year. Very depressing.

Teams in 16th and 17th are offensive. They drag the comp down. Decent people keep away.
I can live with teams that struggle on the pitch that sees them finishing 16th&17th respectively on the ladder but it’s the off-field bollocks that rubs me up the wrong way like not having a settled home venue or in the case of the tigers having 3 home venues!!!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I can live with teams that struggle on the pitch that sees them finishing 16th&17th respectively on the ladder but it’s the off-field bollocks that rubs me up the wrong way like not having a settled home venue or in the case of the tigers having 3 home venues!!!
Tigers have had way more than 3 home venues this year unfortunately

Dogs Of War

Coach

No. Teams finishing 17th has only happened 3 times before (95,96,98). Been a while since someone finished 17th.

jim_57

Staff member

No, if you’ve read my other post you would have noticed I said they have been a complete rabble off the field for the last 10+ years. Fans seem to have no faith in the board to turn it around at both those clubs which would be keeping people away, not just the ladder position.

I think their problems are more than just struggling on the field, both have been a rabble for quite some time and there doesn’t seem to be much optimism with the fan base or any faith in the board to turn things around for either club.

The Tigers not really having a home ground probably doesn’t help their case for sure, at least the Dragons only have 2. Tigers should decide on a majority venue where they play 8+ games whether that be Campbelltown, Leichhardt, Commbank, Accor or Allianz who knows.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
its Location is pretty eye catching and tbf it’s a tidy medium sized ground.
You been there? It’s average. Grass hill on one side and patchwork corner stands. That said, it could easily be an excellent ground with the addition of one more stand and a tidy-up of the corners. I’d currently rank it below Newcastle and Auckland though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
R26 prediciton

PEN v PAR 20k
WAR v SGI 23k
DOL v NQL 27k
MEL v GLD 15k
SYD v WST 16k
CAN v BRI 19k
CBY v MAN 9k
NEW v CRO 28k

agg 157k avg 19.6k

szn agg 3.541m szn avg 18066

---

R27 prediction

BRI v MEL 38k
MAN v WST 11k
SOU v SYD 35k
DOL v WAR 25k
PEN v NQL 18k
SGI v NEW 14k
GLD v CBY 12k
CRO v CAN 11k

agg 164k avg 20.5k

final szn agg 3.705m
final szn avg 18161

APPSY

Juniors
So if we include each game at magic round as individual crowds, the current attendance is at
3,633,246, with the average attendance being 19,325 per game. In order to reach the illustrious 20,000+ for the 213 game season including finals, we'd need to reach 4,260,000 spectators.

Heres how we can do so:
Round 26:
Panthers vs Eels - 18k (hopeful number for a Thursday clash that should still push for higher than that.)
Warriors vs Dragons - 24k (assuming the same amount show up as last week for the sell out)
Phins vs Cowboys - 35k ( using @SLRBRONCOS numbers which have never been wrong yet)
Storm vs Titans - 15k (hopeful number I know, especially since there's an AFL game on before hand at MCG)
Roosters vs Tigers - 18k (unsure how this one will sell but anything below 18k will be shocking for the Roosters faithful)
Raiders vs Bronx - 20k (could be more? Could be less?)
Bulldogs vs Manly - 13k (could honestly be less. I do not know how Accor selling works)
Knights vs Sharks - 29000 (going off the sell out against bunnies)
Round total - 167,000
Season total - 3,800,246 (will differ as it wont be EXACT numbers) avg. - 19,389 (196 games)

Round 27:
Broncos vs Storm - 42k (again, a very hopeful number for a thursday; If this was Friday 8pm this would push for 50k IMO, and it could be a game that decides the minor prem)
Manly vs Tigers - 10k
Rabbitohs vs Roosters - 35k (Since this'll be a match to decide 8th again, it should draw around 35-40k, but depends who wants to make the travel to Accor, and it could be much less)
Phins vs Warriors - 30k (I trust the Warriors faithful to travel for this one, could potentially be more)
Panthers vs Cowboys - 20k (Should come close to selling out as this could be the game that decides the minor prem)
Dragons vs Knights - 15k (Knights fans should travel well for this one, but won't sell it out)
Titans vs Bulldogs - 12k (Could be less)
Sharks vs Raiders - 12k (Capped sell out surely?)
Round total - 176,000
Season Total - 3,976,246 (Won't be EXACT) avg. 19,491 (204 games)

Now, Let's say HYPOTHETICALLY, the ladder finishes like this (FOR MAX CROWD PURPOSES ONLY)
1. Panthers
2. Broncos
3. Warriors
4. Storm
5. Knights (Win their remaining games)
6. Raiders (Lose to Broncos but barely past sharks)
7. Sharks (Lose their remaining games)
8. Bunnies / Roosters (Cannot pick this one for the life of me)

Week One of Finals:
Panthers vs Storm - 21,000 (Sellout) I do not see Panthers dropping this game.
Broncos vs Warriors - 51,000 (Going of Broncos 2015 finals run numbers, plus Wahs draw well) Could go either way.
Knights vs Bunnies / Roosters - 29,000 (going off similar number from this week too) Unknown.
Raiders vs Sharks - 24,000 (same match up two weeks in a row I know.. not the first time it's happened between these two teams though, happened in 2020 and using similar Raiders final crowds to determine) Sharks get revenge this week?
Week One Total - 125,000
Season total - 4,101,246 (Wont be EXACT number) avg. 19,717 (208 games)

If Panthers and Broncos win, Week 2 should look like:
Storm vs Knights/Roosters/Bunnies - 20k (Using recent Storm final numbers could be more)
Warriors vs Raiders/Sharks - 25k OR 45k (if they use Eden Park, could be more if they do)
Week 2 Total - 45,000 OR 65,000 (IF they use Eden Park)
Season Total - 4,146,246 OR 4,166,246 (wont be EXACT number)avg. 19,744 OR 19,839

Let's say either Storm, Knights, Roosters, Bunnies win their game, and Warriors win theirs.
Panthers vs Warriors - 40k (If at Accor? Could be more as Panthers vs Bunnies got 50k last year)
Broncos vs Storm/Knights/Roosters/Bunnies - 51,000 (should get this easily)
Week 3 Total - 91,000
Season Total - 4,237,246 OR 4,257,246 (wont be EXACT number)avg. 19,987 OR 20,081

Grand Final: 82,000 (Going off last years and 2019)

Season Total:
4,319,246 (Could be lower, could be higher) average - 20,278 (213 games)
OR
4,339,346 (Again, could be lower, could potentially be higher?) average - 20,372 (213 games)

Please do remember all of this is Hypothetical and that it very may well not happen this exact way. Take it all with a grain of salt as I am still new to crowd predictions and this was the best determination of crowd figures for myself IF including Magic round as individual crowds.

EuroNymous

Juniors
So if we include each game at magic round as individual crowds, the current attendance is at
3,633,246, with the average attendance being 19,325 per game. In order to reach the illustrious 20,000+ for the 213 game season including finals, we'd need to reach 4,260,000 spectators.

Heres how we can do so:
Round 26:
Panthers vs Eels - 18k (hopeful number for a Thursday clash that should still push for higher than that.)
Warriors vs Dragons - 24k (assuming the same amount show up as last week for the sell out)
Phins vs Cowboys - 35k ( using @SLRBRONCOS numbers which have never been wrong yet)
Storm vs Titans - 15k (hopeful number I know, especially since there's an AFL game on before hand at MCG)
Roosters vs Tigers - 18k (unsure how this one will sell but anything below 18k will be shocking for the Roosters faithful)
Raiders vs Bronx - 20k (could be more? Could be less?)
Bulldogs vs Manly - 13k (could honestly be less. I do not know how Accor selling works)
Knights vs Sharks - 29000 (going off the sell out against bunnies)
Round total - 167,000
Season total - 3,800,246 (will differ as it wont be EXACT numbers) avg. - 19,389 (196 games)

Round 27:
Broncos vs Storm - 42k (again, a very hopeful number for a thursday; If this was Friday 8pm this would push for 50k IMO, and it could be a game that decides the minor prem)
Manly vs Tigers - 10k
Rabbitohs vs Roosters - 35k (Since this'll be a match to decide 8th again, it should draw around 35-40k, but depends who wants to make the travel to Accor, and it could be much less)
Phins vs Warriors - 30k (I trust the Warriors faithful to travel for this one, could potentially be more)
Panthers vs Cowboys - 20k (Should come close to selling out as this could be the game that decides the minor prem)
Dragons vs Knights - 15k (Knights fans should travel well for this one, but won't sell it out)
Titans vs Bulldogs - 12k (Could be less)
Sharks vs Raiders - 12k (Capped sell out surely?)
Round total - 176,000
Season Total - 3,976,246 (Won't be EXACT) avg. 19,491 (204 games)

Now, Let's say HYPOTHETICALLY, the ladder finishes like this (FOR MAX CROWD PURPOSES ONLY)
1. Panthers
2. Broncos
3. Warriors
4. Storm
5. Knights (Win their remaining games)
6. Raiders (Lose to Broncos but barely past sharks)
7. Sharks (Lose their remaining games)
8. Bunnies / Roosters (Cannot pick this one for the life of me)

Week One of Finals:
Panthers vs Storm - 21,000 (Sellout) I do not see Panthers dropping this game.
Broncos vs Warriors - 51,000 (Going of Broncos 2015 finals run numbers, plus Wahs draw well) Could go either way.
Knights vs Bunnies / Roosters - 29,000 (going off similar number from this week too) Unknown.
Raiders vs Sharks - 24,000 (same match up two weeks in a row I know.. not the first time it's happened between these two teams though, happened in 2020 and using similar Raiders final crowds to determine) Sharks get revenge this week?
Week One Total - 125,000
Season total - 4,101,246 (Wont be EXACT number) avg. 19,717 (208 games)

If Panthers and Broncos win, Week 2 should look like:
Storm vs Knights/Roosters/Bunnies - 20k (Using recent Storm final numbers could be more)
Warriors vs Raiders/Sharks - 25k OR 45k (if they use Eden Park, could be more if they do)
Week 2 Total - 45,000 OR 65,000 (IF they use Eden Park)
Season Total - 4,146,246 OR 4,166,246 (wont be EXACT number)avg. 19,744 OR 19,839

Let's say either Storm, Knights, Roosters, Bunnies win their game, and Warriors win theirs.
Panthers vs Warriors - 40k (If at Accor? Could be more as Panthers vs Bunnies got 50k last year)
Broncos vs Storm/Knights/Roosters/Bunnies - 51,000 (should get this easily)
Week 3 Total - 91,000
Season Total - 4,237,246 OR 4,257,246 (wont be EXACT number)avg. 19,987 OR 20,081

Grand Final: 82,000 (Going off last years and 2019)

Season Total:
4,319,246 (Could be lower, could be higher) average - 20,278 (213 games)
OR
4,339,346 (Again, could be lower, could potentially be higher?) average - 20,372 (213 games)

Please do remember all of this is Hypothetical and that it very may well not happen this exact way. Take it all with a grain of salt as I am still new to crowd predictions and this was the best determination of crowd figures for myself IF including Magic round as individual crowds.
if warriors make prelim against the riff, i reckon they will out attend them

EuroNymous

Juniors
last two rounds + early final predictions

rd26
Penrith v Parramatta 20k (sellout)
New Zealand v St George 24k (sellout)
The v North Queensland 33k
Melbourne v Gold Coast 12k
Sydney v Wests 20k
Canberra v Brisbane 19k
Canterbury v Manly 12k
Newcastle v Cronulla 29k (sellout)

169k average 21.125k

rd27
Brisbane v Melbourne 46k (sellout but stadium members won't rock up)
Manly v Tigers 11k
Souths v Sydney 26k if Sydney lose this week, 40k if easts win could be more tbh
The v New Zealand 35k
Penrith v North Queensland 21k (sellout)
St George v Newcastle 15k
Gold Coast v Canterbury 13k
Cronulla v Canberra 11k (sellout)
192k average 24k

personally my ladder is

Penrith
Brisbane
New Zealand
Melbourne
Newcastle
Cronulla
Souths
Canberra

Finals week 1 (bold is the teams i think will win)

Penrith v Melbourne 22k (sellout)
Newcastle v Canberra 31k (sellout)
Cronulla v Souths 12k (sellout) or 35k if played at new sfs
Brisbane v New Zealand 50k (sellout)

Finals week 2

Melbourne v Newcastle 23k
New Zealand v Souths 24k or 45k either way they will sell it out

Finals week 3

Brisbane v Newcastle 51k (sellout)
Penrith v Souths 52k

Penrith v Brisbane 81k gf (sellout)

jim_57

Staff member
Panthers V Eels @ Bluebet - 20k
Warriors V Dragons @ Mt Smart - 23k
Dolphins V Cowboys @ Suncorp - 30k
Storm V Titans @ AAMI - 15k
Roosters V Tigers @ Allianz - 18k
Raiders V Broncos @ GIO - 20k
Bulldogs V Manly @ Accor - 11k
Knights V Sharks @ McDonalds - 26k

- Panthers will sell it out, a couple thousand might not show up on Thursday night.
- Warriors sell out.
- Dolphins can hopefully crack 30k.
- Storm should get an OK crowd but it’s a hard one to pick, guaranteed a home final so some might be saving for that.
- Roosters with a sniff and some form again should draw pretty well.
- Raiders should get a big crowd in for Croker’s last home game.
- Bulldogs could be ugly.
- Knights sell out.

Marlins

Juniors
Panthers V Eels 21k
Warriors V Dragons 24k
Dolphins V Cowboys 36k
Storm V Titans 20k
Roosters V Tigers 22k
Raiders V Broncos 23k
Bulldogs V Manly 20k
Knights V Sharks 29k

screw the doubters, 20k+ all round long!!!

mozza91

Coach
Rain forecast all Sunday which will probably shave a few thousand off unfortunately. So I’m expecting 23-24K in Newcastle.

Latest posts