What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

The Great Dane

First Grade
Pax numbers can definitely be used as a guide for a possible crowd because the Pax is the number of tickets that have been issued. Pax is that old school code used in the hospitality sector, for persons, passengers, patrons. Ticketek use it for that purpose, and we use it as a way to gauge how a game is selling.

The transaction number is the numerical code that is used (with your account code) to bring up information about the order.

The raiders staff member that’s been giving me good access to tickets is expecting a ‘massive’ crowd, so hopefully they get it.

I thought that the crowd against Newcastle was pretty solid tbh. Granted it was the 3pm slot.
View attachment 78402
Mate I've had pax numbers that I've bought at the gate that are way over and way under the actual attendance, so they're about as useful a guide as dousing rods.

Sliver seating always sells better than the other categories as it's the cheapest way to sit on the side line, and where the majority of ticketed members have their seats. Massive is a subjective term as well. By the Raiders standards anything over about 14-15k could be considered a massive crowd.

APPSY

Juniors
Broncos and Storm next week is down to single seats for all sections currently available.. anyone know what the biggest thursday night crowd is? Could this potentially challenge it?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Mate I've had pax numbers that I've bought at the gate that are way over and way under the actual attendance, so they're about as useful a guide as dousing rods.

Sliver seating always sells better than the other categories as it's the cheapest way to sit on the side line, and where the majority of ticketed members have their seats. Massive is a subjective term as well. By the Raiders standards anything over about 14-15k could be considered a massive crowd.
The fact is that the pax is the number of tickets issued when you finish your transaction, and it’s usually a good way to predict or track the expected crowd and often within a fairly close range for most stadiums and events. Your experience means shit all because you've given no examples.

The larger the pax, the larger the crowd. The smaller the pax, the smaller the crowd.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos and Storm next week is down to single seats for all sections currently available.. anyone know what the biggest thursday night crowd is? Could this potentially challenge it?
44,015, Broncos v Storm round 26 2015 is the biggest Thursday crowd. I think we will see 42-43.5k. It’s over to the stadium members!

I've just noticed that the Broncos are running a 1 game membership campaign for the storm game. Pretty much all of level 6 is available and will eventually be loaded on ticketek. Pretty silly from the Broncos ticketing folk to keep that many from general sale on the ticketek site as many would have been sold - not many people would be aware of this membership.

Last edited:

bazza

Immortal
44,015, Broncos v Storm round 26 2015 is the biggest Thursday crowd. I think we will see 42-43.5k. It’s over to the stadium members!

I've just noticed that the Broncos are running a 1 game membership campaign for the storm game. Pretty much all of level 6 is available and will eventually be loaded on ticketek. Pretty silly from the Broncos ticketing folk to keep that many from general sale on the ticketek site as many would have been sold - not many people would be aware of this membership.

would a 1 game membership entitle you to first dibs of finals ticketst?

Latest posts