What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

The Great Dane

First Grade
I watched Tigers v Warriors and Tigers v Dolphins. Enjoyed both games. That's the bottom line for me.

Fairly narrow loss followed by very narrow win. Competitive contests despite a media and fan culture telling them they have nothing to play for.

Some of the overblown castigation implies 60 point spankings every week.
That's nice and all, but the reality is that extended periods of poor performance and bad administration does effect support and crowds by extension, and you're living in an alternate reality if you think otherwise.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I bought tickets the day before Raiders vs Eels and my pax was 15,500. The crowd ended up being 17,414.

Raiders vs Eels being at 16,000 with four days days to go is pretty good. I've been getting targeted ads on Facebook - but none of them have mentioned Croker and Wighton's last home game. That's a marketing miss, IMO. I understand that some Raiders fans don't care, but I would think that if 21k cared to show up to Croker's 300th at 6pm on a Friday night they might feel the same about his last, especially considering it's a Saturday 7:30pm game.
Pax numbers have nothing to do with crowd size. I've had tickets that I've bought the day of where the pax hasn't been close to the actual attendance. I suspect that they're basically order numbers, a numerical code that can be manually put into the ticketing system to bring up information about the ticket and the sale.

There's no hype around this game because of it being Croker's last home game, in fact the fanbase has generally been pretty disappointed with how the Raiders have been preforming recently and crowds have been pretty meh as a result. The Broncos normally draw solid crowds, but I still wouldn't expect miracles considering that it's a night game in winter and the Raiders are expected to get hammered.

Yeh I get it, you think we live in an Utopia where everything is equal and teams who have been shit consistently for years and looked doomed to repeat the same failures shouldn’t see a drop in crowds. Unfortunately they do.
Exact opposite. I think seventeen sets of fans demanding the pursuit of Utopia as the basis for continued support is not the route to NRL prosperity. Particularly as measured in aggregate attendance figures.

All clubs are demonstrably not equal, but they are components in collective endeavour. Varying contributions on and off the field. Dragons and Tigers have built strong female pathways in recent years. A sound investment for them and the future of RL.

Titans this year are showing with a bit of optimism around a club and it’s on & off field prospects you can have healthy crowds with limited success. There is a difference between being poor on the field and the whole club being a “rabble” all the way up to the board.
When Titans were in the bottom two, their off-field performance and status was targeted for the same vilification you now direct at Dragons and Tigers. Including from critics saying GC should never have been given a licence. Warriors copped it last year when they finished 15th.

In truth, this is the only valid reason to comprehensively denigrate an NRL club i.e. if you want them out of the comp. With no relegation system, the only Darwinian method for weaker teams is expulsion.

Undermining clubs that you do think have a future in the comp, ipso facto undermines the NRL as a whole.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Pax numbers have nothing to do with crowd size. I've had tickets that I've bought the day of where the pax hasn't been close to the actual attendance. I suspect that they're basically order numbers, a numerical code that can be manually put into the ticketing system to bring up information about the ticket and the sale.

There's no hype around this game because of it being Croker's last home game, in fact the fanbase has generally been pretty disappointed with how the Raiders have been preforming recently and crowds have been pretty meh as a result. The Broncos normally draw solid crowds, but I still wouldn't expect miracles considering that it's a night game in winter and the Raiders are expected to get hammered.
Pax numbers can definitely be used as a guide for a possible crowd because the Pax is the number of tickets that have been issued. Pax is that old school code used in the hospitality sector, for persons, passengers, patrons. Ticketek use it for that purpose, and we use it as a way to gauge how a game is selling.

The transaction number is the numerical code that is used (with your account code) to bring up information about the order.

The raiders staff member that’s been giving me good access to tickets is expecting a ‘massive’ crowd, so hopefully they get it.

I thought that the crowd against Newcastle was pretty solid tbh. Granted it was the 3pm slot.
IMG_3357.jpeg

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Phins have nearly sold out level 5 and are slowly working their way through level 6.

A densely packed level 3, 5, and 6 will result in about 38k. I can't see it being any less than 32k, and anymore than 38k.

Clutching at straws (and useless statistics) but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the best ever crowd for a team running 14th.

will the pessimists ignore that it's a new team? probably not.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pax numbers can definitely be used as a guide for a possible crowd because the Pax is the number of tickets that have been issued. Pax is that old school code used in the hospitality sector, for persons, passengers, patrons. Ticketek use it for that purpose, and we use it as a way to gauge how a game is selling.

The transaction number is the numerical code that is used (with your account code) to bring up information about the order.

The raiders staff member that’s been giving me good access to tickets is expecting a ‘massive’ crowd, so hopefully they get it.

I thought that the crowd against Newcastle was pretty solid tbh. Granted it was the 3pm slot.
View attachment 78402
Don't be silly, that doesn't suit TGD's diatribes

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Phins have nearly sold out level 5 and are slowly working their way through level 6.

A densely packed level 3, 5, and 6 will result in about 38k. I can't see it being any less than 32k, and anymore than 38k.

Clutching at straws (and useless statistics) but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the best ever crowd for a team running 14th.

will the pessimists ignore that it's a new team? probably not.
And they’ll break the record again in round 27 when the Warriors hype train rolls into town!

yakstorm

First Grade
Ticket sales for Melbourne are looking strong. Unsurprising reserve seats behind the posts are down to single seats & GA is selling well, but also the Cat 1 upper bays are around 60% sold.

Definitely tracking stronger than the Raiders match which drew over 17K.

Not many tickets left for Penrith either (which isn't surprising)

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It's crazy they are already selling predominantly into Level 5 & 6 for that match already.
Totally agree, but I think that the Phins would draw well whoever they played given it's their last home game and on a Saturday afternoon. Probably a popular selection for their 4 game membership.

We might be jumping the gun and crediting SEQ based Warriors fans a bit too much TBH. Keen to see how the crowd looks.

nko11

Juniors
R26 prediciton

PEN v PAR 20k
WAR v SGI 24k
DOL v NQL 34k
MEL v GLD 19k
SYD v WST 16k
CAN v BRI 19k
CBY v MAN 15k
NEW v CRO 27k

agg 174k avg 21,750

Hope Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra can surprise and we can get a round of 20k+
Atleast if we can beat round 6 earlier this year and get 6 games over 20k, would still be massive.

Latest posts