What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 FW1 Sat - Penrith 32-6 Warriors @ BlueBet

Finals Week 1: Penrith v Warriors

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Warriors

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pjf04b

Juniors
Do you honestly think that if it was Broncos v Warriors it would be 4:00pm on Saturday afternoon at Suncorp?
I don’t think so!!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The Panthers are rightful favourites for the whole thing.

I do not think they are as good last year, better with Api and Kikau than without, but still the best team MP says so.

But has any other team gotten better?

The Warriors have, so has Brisbane.

The finals are a new comp they say.

Iamback

Coach
Do you honestly think that if it was Broncos v Warriors it would be 4:00pm on Saturday afternoon at Suncorp?
I don’t think so!!

Yes. As their next game will be the same time.

Hopefully Netball has a bye and you can watch it

Valheru

Coach
They still very much deserve their spot in the top 4 though. It’s not like the teams below them have gone any better against the top 3 sides. Roosters and Sharks have been smashed most times they’ve gone up against the top 3, and while the Knights beat Melbourne and went very close against Penrith and Brisbane, they still haven’t beaten them.

Fair to say they might struggle against the top 3, but they were very close against Penrith and Brisbane and they’ll continue to build experience.

Hell, the fact that the Warriors have gotten into the top 4 just by beating the teams they should is f**king amazing really considering historically you’ve not been able to back them with stolen money against anyone.

I'm not saying they don't deserve to be there, just making a comment on their prospects now it is finals time

Stinkfinger

Juniors
You've alluded to the elephant in the room about the warriors that no one wants to talk about because they (and the knights) are the feel good story of the season.

In addition to their recent form they are 5-6 in games against the top 8 with all wins coming against raiders (2), sharks (2) and knights. They are 0-4 against their top 4 peers and got beat twice by the chooks too.

It's not going to be popular but for me they are the sharks of last season, finishing higher than they otherwise would due to a user friendly draw. Still a top 8 team for sure but not top 4 IMO. I fear for them this week and think the knights are massive chances to roll them next week too.
I'd back them at home.

Panther Mike

Juniors
I like the Warriors compared to other non Panther teams. I wish them well in future weeks but not this week. We're full strength apart from Luai and we'll show it.

soc123_au

Staff member
I don't think we are a snowballs chance in a microwave of getting up, but f**k; if we do somehow cause an upset, the amount of humble pie consumed by the smug will be a thing of beauty.
Nah, if you win it's because Ivan decided we want to go the long way.

Nealo 12

First Grade
I don't think we are a snowballs chance in a microwave of getting up, but f**k; if we do somehow cause an upset, the amount of humble pie consumed by the smug will be a thing of beauty.
That’s a great hedge your bet to look like you aren’t