What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 FW1 Sat - Penrith 32-6 Warriors @ BlueBet

Finals Week 1: Penrith v Warriors

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Warriors

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sup42

Juniors
Panthers won't see it coming.

The last time these sides met the Warriors had come off the worst scheduling in the NRL. They played the Storm, lost four key players, five days later they played the Roosters, then lost to Penrith (three games in 11 days against at the time, form sides in the comp) the Warriors only lost by twelve points with Dylan Walker playing five eight.

Two of those games were away, one was the set up Anzac game that is not allowed to be played in NZ, thanks NRL we died at Gallipoli too ya mongrels. Oh and thanks for the Covid pay back.

The Warriors had two men sent to the bin. Before the Refs screwed the Warriors they went in at the half with a 6 point deficit.

The first time the Warriors have fielded a full strength side this year. All the stars are aligning for the Warriors.

Private chartered flight into Sydney, no cramped seats, no wasted hours in customs. The Warriors are planning on winning, they ain't mucking around for this game.

Penrith is the side the Warriors wanted to play. After a two try loss with a half missing, and key bench forwards, at the end of a ridiculous run of games, the Warriors felt they had the measure of the Panthers till they had sin bins end it as a contest.

Most of the season the Warriors have lacked width in their attack after the loss of TMM. The left edge with Metcalf offered a running threat without much ball movement going on.

These sides are a lot closer than Penrith fans realize which hopefully the Panthers squad also fall into the same trap.

It will come down to whether the officials let the Warriors compete. If it is a fair game then there is no way Penrith only need to show up to collect the lollies.

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade

The last time these sides met the Warriors had come off the worst scheduling in the NRL. They played the Storm, lost four key players, five days later they played the Roosters, then lost to Penrith (three games in 11 days against at the time, form sides in the comp) the Warriors only lost by twelve points with Dylan Walker playing five eight.

Two of those games were away, one was the set up Anzac game that is not allowed to be played in NZ, thanks NRL we died at Gallipoli too ya mongrels. Oh and thanks for the Covid pay back.

The Warriors had two men sent to the bin. Before the Refs screwed the Warriors they went in at the half with a 6 point deficit.

The first time the Warriors have fielded a full strength side this year. All the stars are aligning for the Warriors.

Private chartered flight into Sydney, no cramped seats, no waster hours in customs. The Warriors are planning on winning, they ain't mucking around for this game.

Penrith is the side the Warriors wanted to play. After a two try loss with a half missing, and key bench forwards, at the end of a ridiculous run of games, the Warriors felt they had the measure of the Panthers till they had sin bins end it as a contest.

Most of the season the Warriors have lacked width in their attack after the loss of TMM. The left edge with Metcalf offered a running threat without much ball movement going on.

These sides are a lot closer than Penrith fans realize which hopefully the Panthers squad also fall into the same trap.

It will come down to whether the officials let the Warriors compete. If it is a fair game then there is no way Penrith only need to show up to collect the lollies.
Penrith 13+

#f**kthewahs

ACTPanthers

Bench

Private chartered flight into Sydney, no cramped seats, no wasted hours in customs. The Warriors are planning on winning, they ain't mucking around for this game.

So..... refs, scheduling and cramped seats are the devil?

sup42

Juniors
So..... refs, scheduling and cramped seats are the devil?

If you take it that way cool, enjoy the game.

I think I made other points too eh, but the one you might want to focus a little harder on is that Penrith beat the Warriors by 12 points while the Warriors played twenty minutes with twelve men.

Or you could re read it and see the bit about the Warriors missing key players. Or the bit about the Warriors being at full strength this week.

Or you could reduce an argument with childish retorts that are overly simplistic and boring.

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
If you take it that way cool, enjoy the game.

I think I made other points too eh, but the one you might want to focus a little harder on is that Penrith beat the Warriors by 12 points while the Warriors played twenty minutes with twelve men.
I'd rather focus on having won the last 2 premierships and looking pretty f**king good to get a third... But hey, you do you.

FWIW, I like the Warriors and hope they go well, just not this week.

sup42

Juniors
I'd rather focus on having won the last 2 premierships and looking pretty f**king good to get a third... But hey, you do you.

FWIW, I like the Warriors and hope they go well, just not this week.

Congratulations.

Your mob had to start from somewhere, that is where we live, and the high for us (btw we got 4th) is bigger than the second coming.

This game means more to us than it probably does to Penrith fans and I am living it.

Iamback

Coach
Haven't had anything to do with Panther fans till now.

I didn't realise so many were like this.

Great, enjoy your life having to live with being a misunderstood poet.

The neutral betting agencies have the line at 12.5... seems they agree

Sime_11

Juniors
i could Stomach losing to the Warriors (hell in a GF) - but i think Panthers just too good.

will be closer than majority think - Panthers just have another gear which the warriors wont have.

if the warriors could somehow snag a 10-12 point lead early - shut the crowd out - very nervous panther fans

martielang

Bench
Should be a cracking atmosphere regardless.

I just hope IC doesn't try and reinvent the wheel with our attack given Webster would know a lot of what we're going to throw at them.

soc123_au

Staff member
I read the rest, but this bit was all I really needed to. You are right the coach that has been to the last 3 GF's wont consider the possibility that their opponent wont be the same as they were in round 10.

I guess as Panthers fans we best hope Ivan finds this thread so he prepares properly. If not I guess we're f**ked. He might organise sedan chairs for the players so they don't have to walk across the road to the ground.

mxlegend99

Referee
Haven't had anything to do with Panther fans till now.

I didn't realise so many were like this.

Great, enjoy your life having to live with being a misunderstood poet.
He's just doing a bit of pre-game trash talk. Pretty tame stuff too. Don't read into it too much.

Its not a panthers fans thing either. All fans do it when their team has a chance at winning.

So basically all fans outside of Dogs and Tigers.

sup42

Juniors
I read the rest, but this bit was all I really needed to. You are right the coach that has been to the last 3 GF's wont consider the possibility that their opponent wont be the same as they were in round 10.

I guess as Panthers fans we best hope Ivan finds this thread so he prepares properly. If not I guess we're f**ked. He might organise sedan chairs for the players so they don't have to walk across the road to the ground

Calm down son.

You going to the game?

You could do some real damage to the Warriors with that sarcasm (if you can yell loud enough to be heard over the banjos).

Have to cater for the blessed Warriors and Broncos!

It's more to cater for the Warriors than anyone else. If it was the 7.50 pm game on Friday or Saturday nights, then it would mean a 9.50 pm start time on broadcast in NZ. Not a good move considering the TV money the NRL get's because of the Warriors.

Don't forget, in 2008 when the Warriors had a home final in Week 2 against the Roosters, it was scheduled for an 8.30 pm NZ kick-off. As such the NRL has institutional form here.

Reason I remember the above example, was Channel 9 refused to televise the game live as it would have meant moving/not showing the Channel 9 News and A Current Affair. It was a complete abrogation of Nine's contractual obligations to the NRL, which the NRL let them get away with. The game was shown on delay, and even though the Roosters are my team, I refused to watch the match out of protest (but that's another story).

4pm is a really odd time. Wouldn't 5:30pm be better? Prime time in NZ as well?

I suspect it's 4.00 pm just in case the game has to go to extra time and then golden point. You could have a match with an extra 20 minutes of game time (2 x 10 minute periods) and then go into golden point after that.

Thus if you had a 5.30 pm kick-off instead, the game might still be going when the 7.50 pm game is due to kick-off. The NRL won't want to piss off its broadcasters.