What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 FW1 Sun - Newcastle 30-28 Canberra @ McDonald Jones

Finals Week 1: Newcastle v Canberra

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Val is ready
image.png

gerg

Juniors
We got dis .... disinterested fans, that is.

Rai ... cough/splutter ... ders .... clap, clap, clap

mongoose

Coach
say what you want about Ricky but every finals series he has taken the Raiders to we have won at least 1 game...

Woody90

Juniors
One thing going for us is we have more finals experience but not sure that's going to count for anything. Need Tapine, Paps, Wighton and Rapana to all play at their best.

This is the one thing I’m concerned about for the Knights (and Ponga/Hastings being underdone). We haven’t gone deep into the finals in 10 years, and we only have 1 player left from that period in Gagai. They’ve been playing knock out football for 9 weeks so I don’t think they’ll “choke”, but if the Raiders manage to turn the game into a grind they’ll have more experience playing that type of football. The Knights have been great, but we play a very fast attacking football and I’m not sure how we’ll go if the Raiders don’t let us play that way.

Either way it’s been a good season.

Who was that piece of country crud? Newcastle you can do better than that. Hang your heads in shame.

For a city that brought us the likes of Silverchair and The Screaming Jets, that was appalling.

Now now ….
We all know the result of the game

raiders score first , possibly simple jack

knight score second through to eighth try

gg

just a bad bounce , not getting the rub , bleed green , 25 sec press conference

boys are hurtin , 47 textas, zero accountability, zero planning for the future