What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
While Joey certainly has turned into an absolute mong in the commentary box, the full quote (when he first said it anyway) was "that 20 minutes was the greatest performance from a halfback in a grand final, ever" which is right. They left off the 20 minute part.

Ah okay, welcome to the 21st century where large pieces of information can be left out to suit!

It's hard to challenge, not many people have 20-minute GF periods categorized in their mind. And it was an incredibly good finish to the game by a guy who I rate massively highly, but probably is not as good (yet) as some people want to make him out to be and certainly isn't as bad as some do, either.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
8 more GF wins and then they could be considered the best ever since St George's effort with 11 in succession between 1956 and 1966, still a current world record for sporting competitions.
You can see why the NRL bosses don't want that to ever happen again. What a period of stagnation it was. You should watch a vid of the 1966 GF, if you can stay awake. It's closer to rugby than present day RL.

It is the fans from the other clubs that are sinking the boot, most Penrith fans have shown our club a fair bit of respect after last night, it's nice.

So many of them haven't been active since July but here they are, bless! It's much nicer to be hated at the top 2 than losing at the bottom.
You do realize that some people don't live their entire lives on the forum and post every single day right?

This is a special occasion so of course more users are gonna log on.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You do realize that some people don't live their entire lives on the forum and post every single day right?

This is a special occasion so of course more users are gonna log on.
Absolutely, just a clear trend with plebs like you. Don't try and pretend that you weren't hiding in a basement.

Absolutely, just a clear trend with plebs like you. Don't try and pretend that you weren't hiding in a basement.
Uh no, how about a trend with big games bringing bigger points of discussion? And when a big game like that produces the greatest choke in the history of the sport, of course its gonna get people posting and talking/laughing.

I've been on this forum since August 2003. 20 solid years, I'm an O.G. In that time I've posted 12,317 times. You've been on here since August 2011. Not quite respected O.G. status, but a good tenure nonetheless. In that time you've posted 22,378 times. 10k more than me. You obviously post most days, I don't. That's just the way it is.

What do I have to hide from? I knew neither my team nor yours would win the comp.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Uh no, how about a trend with big games bringing bigger points of discussion? And when a big game like that produces the greatest choke in the history of the sport, of course its gonna get people posting and talking/laughing.

I've been on this forum since August 2003. 20 solid years, I'm an O.G. In that time I've posted 12,317 times. You've been on here since August 2011. Not quite respected O.G. status, but a good tenure nonetheless. In that time you've posted 22,378 times. 10k more than me. You obviously post most days, I don't. That's just the way it is.

What do I have to hide from? I knew neither my team nor yours would win the comp.
I think the main difference is that I come in here with the aim of mostly fun banter and shitposting.

You just spew repetitive tripe.

I think the main difference is that I come in here with the aim of mostly fun banter and shitposting.

You just spew repetitive tripe.
Well you're definitely talented with the shitposting. Your analysis leaves a lot to be desired though.

I spew the truth.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Penrith the first team since Parra to do the three-peat,does that mean that the Parra curse is broken and we win the comp next season?

scott-pilgrim-michael-cera.gif

It is a tough one. I agree (so does Cleary) that he did not play the perfect game last night, but no other halfback in the code today does what he did in the final 20 minutes. A deserved CC medallist......some great candidates in Haas, Mam and crucial plays from Chrichton close behind him.
He was the best player on the field, but was his performance better than some of those who dominated the game whistle to whistle?

Latest posts