What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spot On

Coach
Joey has lost the plot last night he was talking about Tago being strong 😂
Bloke has been the brains behind the NSW attack and, as far as I know, was involved with the Newcastle attack up to this year as well.

Then there’s the other clubs and their halves coaching he has been paid a motza for… with zero success.

Bazal

Post Whore
Bloke has been the brains behind the NSW attack and, as far as I know, was involved with the Newcastle attack up to this year as well.

Then there’s the other clubs and their halves coaching he has been paid a motza for… with zero success.

As opposed to all the success Newcastle had this year lol

Pugzley

Penrith the first team since Parra to do the three-peat,does that mean that the Parra curse is broken and we win the comp next season?

scott-pilgrim-michael-cera.gif
Not until Penrith win 4 times in a row.

1696224686277.jpeg

Getting 50 put on you so early in the season tends to do that

But hey if beating the broncs means a successful season to u then I'm happy 4 u xoxo
Crazy that both of those events occurred in a 6 day period huh? Against both eventual grand finalists too. Even back then it was plain to see that one of them was a very good team, and the other were a bunch of over-privileged pretenders.

Has
Not sure how Chins got the Churchill for playing well for 35 minutes.

Had the Ponies not choked Mam gets the Churchill easily.

Whoever decides the voting for it needs to be replaced, something I've thought for years.
interesting that Cleary’s short burst shouldn’t win him the CC, but Mam being absent ex a 10 minute period (which was awesome) has him getting it easily.

Frankus

Juniors
Yeah there were a small but noticeable number leaving at around 60 mins. We saw a family leave right after the Leota try which seemed very strange.
To be fair, I don’t even think the team thought they could win after that try and it was a consolation - it’s not like Leota was mobbed by the team after he scored.

DIOGENES

Juniors
You can see why the NRL bosses don't want that to ever happen again. What a period of stagnation it was. You should watch a vid of the 1966 GF, if you can stay awake. It's closer to rugby than present day RL.
From memory 3 yrds off side at play the balls and unlimited tackles. Towards the end of the era there was a rule that the dummy half had to pass or concede a penalty.
Dull stuff

It takes a special kind of sadmerkin for their hate for one club to exceed the love for their own
It takes a special kind of loser not to recognize that their club are the biggest bunch of chokers ever assembled in team sports, and to still come on a forum and accuse neutral fans of not posting when they were supposedly going well.

Like you're that f**king important. Typical Brisbane delusion. The RL world has never revolved around you wankers like you assume.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It takes a special kind of loser not to recognize that their club are the biggest bunch of chokers ever assembled in team sports, and to still come on a forum and accuse neutral fans of not posting when they were supposedly going well.

Like you're that f**king important. Typical Brisbane delusion. The RL world has never revolved around you wankers like you assume.
oop the boomer is still mad!!

Your hate for the Broncos is impressive, and greater than your love for Ricky's Raiders. You're the first one in here after a Broncos loss, but disappear and not to be seen when Canberra lose. Worse than IBM. It's a bit cute.

We're the centre of your universe!

The Realist

Juniors
To be fair, I don’t even think the team thought they could win after that try and it was a consolation - it’s not like Leota was mobbed by the team after he scored.

Yep, The Leota try felt like a consolation and that 'at least we won't be absolutely embarrassed'. But a few minutes later I looked up at the clock and thought there is still enough time here as long as we keep the Broncos out. That was exactly what we needed to give us a glimmer of hope - but to also send some nerves through the Broncos squad.

First half when your mob had all the running it seemed like Cleary and Luai were not on the same page. A lot of disorganised footy and nothing plays (with poor last tackle options). Luai leaving the field seemed to be a turning point for their attack.
They played a lot more direct after Luai left. I think his shoulder was no good from the start.