What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reflector

Juniors
Well with the Raiders in the 1990s it was easy, they crushed our dreams in the 1990 GF which virtually ensured animosity towards them in the 1991.

Roosters in 2003: West vs East, visceral hatred along with the Freddy and Gus turncoatism.

Storm in 2020: Their history of rorting the cap in the past and having Premierships stripped because of it, won’t be forgiven anytime soon.

Souffs in 2021: I generally don’t dislike the Bunnies aside from this “entitlement, chip on their shoulder” mentality that some of their supporters hold (including one of my mates) but the arrogance shown by Wayne Bennett and Russel Crowe in the lead up to the GF, was enough for me to text my mate with a “get that up ya!” Especially after Critta’s intercept try.

Parra in 2022: Doesn’t need explaining. From our traditional rivalry to the “big brother” mentality Parra fans have when it comes to us. Pure visceral hatred.

Broncos 2023: ? Aside from Reece Walsh whom I find mildly annoying, I can’t really find much to detest about the Broncs. Don’t get me wrong, I hope we beat them, but if we do win, the sweetness over the victory for mine will be for other reasons than Brisbane not making it.
This surprises me.

Souths were the ARL-loyal, working class grassroots club who took on News Limited in the courts after they were booted from the comp and won off the back of people power.

The Broncos, by comparison, are Murdoch's team...

Chins get the wins

First Grade
This surprises me.

Souths were the ARL-loyal, working class grassroots club who took on News Limited in the courts after they were booted from the comp and won off the back of people power.

As clubs Brisbane are far worse but Cody and especially Latrell are scum

This surprises me.

A bit like us; that is a great story when you are sh!t. But the battlers are subject to the greatest jealousy when they lift themselves off the floor.

mxlegend99

Referee
As Kevvie said, all teams try to protect their kickers this way. It’s just that Penrith do it better than any other team.
It shut Tallis up real quick!
NRL360 hitting Kevvie up about it and having him downplay it put him up a notch in my book. A bit like Bellamy he just seems incredibly honest in telling ut how he sees it

Everyone knows every team does it. So seeing NRL360 try to manipulate the referee by posting cherry picked stats about win rates and nitpicking video of things every team does but only focusing on Penrith is beyond ridiculous.

Would have been easy for Kevvie to jump onboard but he was honest and you have to respect that

Iamback

Coach
NRL360 hitting Kevvie up about it and having him downplay it put him up a notch in my book. A bit like Bellamy he just seems incredibly honest in telling ut how he sees it

Everyone knows every team does it. So seeing NRL360 try to manipulate the referee by posting cherry picked stats about win rates and nitpicking video of things every team does but only focusing on Penrith is beyond ridiculous.

Would have been easy for Kevvie to jump onboard but he was honest and you have to respect that

He knows if refs call it, It will be to both sides. For the Broncs to win they need a fast tempo game. So it hurts them more if the ref blows a stack of penalties

soc123_au

Staff member

The stupidity with the coach whisperer stuff a few years ago aside It's very hard to dislike Kevvie. If they were playing anyone but us I'd be cheering pretty hard for him tbh, for him to experience the father son winning together would be pretty cool. But they are playing us, so Kevvie can go f**k himself for now.

Woody90

Juniors
Not being an arrogant merkin but this game is in our hands imo
I actually think it's in the Broncos'. Across the park the Broncos have the more talented squad. If they can limit their errors they'll have too much in attack...that's a big if though. They've made a lot of errors all year and very hard to suddenly stop that on GF day, especially against Panthers who are obviously the best in the league at suffocating teams and limiting possession.

It's sort of the old "team of superstars vs. superstar team".

Maroon4life

Juniors
I actually think it's in the Broncos'. Across the park the Broncos have the more talented squad. If they can limit their errors they'll have too much in attack...that's a big if though. They've made a lot of errors all year and very hard to suddenly stop that on GF day, especially against Panthers who are obviously the best in the league at suffocating teams and limiting possession.

It's sort of the old "team of superstars vs. superstar team".

Im as bronco as anything but in the fair talk department they have the better squad and deserved favourites.

But we can beat them in this game.

Latest posts