What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final predictions

dannyt

Coach
Penrith are a well oiled machine that can keep repeating clinical football set after set.

They are like the Roman Legions as they continually press forward and dominate that which is in front of them.

However they do lack pure speed and improvisation which the Broncos have in abundance.

If Mam and / or Walsh are given any latitude and find some room I think the Broncos will win and in fact win well.

Fingers crossed no refereeing clangers.
Agree with all of this, except for the last sentence.

kit66

Bench
I think we're in for an epic game with both sides looking deadly. I think Penrith have the edge, having done it all before and done it well but if the Broncs throw caution to the wind and get a roll on they could make little Kevvie very happy.
I say Penrith in a close one though.. I'm slowly coming around to the Broncs because I like Kevvie but.......all that history....I still hate them mostly.

I thought the Broncos got the rub of the green with the refs vs. the Warriors, particularly around the ruck (other than the very obvious forward pass). I think they were playing silly buggers slowing them down intentionally and for way too long and too often. If they get the same latitude vs. the Panthers, they will win. I watch the Panthers and how they address the ruck and they are just super fit and race back onside etc. if they don't get the advantage with the tackle. It will be won in the ruck, the forwards, the arm wrestle, penalties and mistakes.

blue bags

First Grade
Have sneaky feelings about these donkey's
Irarated by the vibes
For the betterment of the NRL
Broncos win would be fantastic
I believe Panthers deserves it

mickeylane

Bench
Very tough one I predicted Penrith w 3 peat this year but looking at Broncos last week they seem very dangerous across the Park .. can Haas win the Churchill Medal because I think it w take the Brisbane forwards to getting over the top of Penrith’s to win this ..
predicting a field goal victory for the Broncos 19-18!

rasaint

Juniors
Sorry to repeat my previous post; a dislocated shoulder is a big injury and Luai has to carry it throughout a grand final. His first dislocation may only have been partial, just jumping in the socket and loosening tendons. He sort of ‘got away with it by hiding in defence last match. This match, I think the broncs will run at him constantly. I just can’t see him avoiding another dislocation in the match. If he was fully fit without injuryI would say Panthers.Now the pendulum is swinging back.

The shoulder dislocates in the match and that leaves the component but less brilliant Jack Cogger to cover and one less on the bench.

Mazzman

Juniors
I'm getting over the Broncos fan boys at Fox. Hoping Penrith win so then I get compensated with the sad QLDers on 9 after being subjected to their rubbish for the 4th time this year.
The journos on 360 have spent the last two days highlighting Penrith tactics they believe are unfair or illegal.
They are on the Broncos for sure, and have now put pressure on NRL to focus on Penrith tactics in GF.
No mention of Broncos forward passes and continually off side in defense.

Trifili13

Juniors
The journos on 360 have spent the last two days highlighting Penrith tactics they believe are unfair or illegal.
They are on the Broncos for sure, and have now put pressure on NRL to focus on Penrith tactics in GF.
No mention of Broncos forward passes and continually off side in defense.
I saw them talking about it last night. It just highlights the NRL's incompetence to properly run the game and favour certain teams over others. It's illegal plain and simple and who cares if they were not penalised during the year. If they do it during the GF I hope the ref penalises them. I know big Gordie will be barracking for the Broncos but his arguement was correct "it's against the rules, end of argument". Don't get the other nobheads on the 360 panel saying it will put pressure on the ref. Ref to the rules and no one can have an argument. It's when you turn a blind eye that people complain.

Latest posts