What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Hostplus Cup - Fixures & Results

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
For anyone looking at the teams published in the Courier Mail on Thursday for Round 1 of the HostPlus Cup, please note that the times shown are Sydney times.

How bloody disrespectful is that?
We often find that both News Corp and Channel 9 regularly use our site to copy and paste teamlists for their sites and publication (as we publish an easy format compared to the QRL official site).

We standardise times for all competitions to NSW/VIC local which for the first few weeks of the year means times are an hour out for QLD - but we do make it clear in every article.

MRN

Juniors
Clydesdales looking very very ordinary. Will be surprised if they win a game all year.
It was a real struggle to watch. I expected them to spoon this year but I thought they'd show a bit more ticker for their first game.

rightleftin

Juniors
Rajab & Hayward are down the pecking order and could have benefitted but injuries to Reynolds and Biondi-Odo (long-term) likely won't allow that.
I guess that pair will be their halves in Round 1 of Ron Massey Cup on saturday night.

MRN

Juniors
Keen for this week's feature game. Devils v Dolphins. Probably can't watch live as we are doing something for my son's birthday but will definitely watch a replay (hopefully without spoilers).

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Whilst his departure is a loss particularly in the long term, it is not an excuse for Wynnum to lose form this year. Plath didn't start in any of the four wins to date so it's not a big disruption to their "first choice" team.

It's great to see young players come through Wynnum and achieve success at the higher level. Max Plath and Harrison Graham came through the last five or so years together both in school and club football and now both have a chance of playing NRL with the Dolphins.

ALX25

Juniors
Ryley Jacks loves a “back in my day” sort of story.

The veteran Brisbane Tigers playmaker has reached that point in his career where he loves to relay old football memories to his younger teammates, whether they want to hear it or not.

But as Jacks gears up to play his 100th Hostplus Cup game this Sunday – a momentous occasion for the former NRL half – he has probably earned the right to do so.

Read more: https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2023/04/21/jacks-gears-up-for-incredible-100th-game-milestone/

ALX25

Juniors
Activate Queensland! Country Week
Hostplus Cup Round 18: July 15-16

Biloela: Ipswich Jets v Central Queensland Capras
Kilcoy: Brisbane Tigers v Tweed Seagulls
Miles: Redcliffe Dolphins v Burleigh Bears
Proserpine: Souths Logan Magpies v Mackay Cutters
Weipa: Sunshine Coast Falcons v Northern Pride
Wondai: Norths Devils v Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Stanthorpe: Townsville Blackhawks v Western Clydesdales
Papua New Guinea Hunters have a bye.

See: https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2023/05...munities-with-country-week-matches-confirmed/