What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

MugaB

Coach
The metallic texture either has to come from "metallic" elements in a dye or thread/substrate. You can fake it by sublimating a gradient, but it looks bad on large areas like this jersey.

A cooler grey as a tertiary to red/white would have been a point of differentiation from their major local rival, and evokes a dolphin like has been mentioned already.

I don't think a qld team has put out an identity without some form of yellow/gold since the original Giants. Is there some sort of state enforced mandate that I'm not aware of?
Its the crushers man, dont you read ...news.com

MugaB

Coach
The really iconic design is the heritage one they'd already released.

Interested to see what their alternate is going to be, but as for the main jersey I don't mind it from a purely design perspective. The red is bold with the gold a complimentary secondary colour. The application of the colours isn't too complex, watching the team in action (especially from a distance) you should be able to pick out who's playing straight away and they've achieved this. In the same way you see bright green and know it's Canberra, purple is the Storm and yellow is Parra, that bright red will become iconic with the Dolphins in short time.

My biggest gripe is with the blue sponsors. Pity they couldn't get major sponsorship from one of the major fast food chains like Macca's or KFC as it would've complimented their colours perfectly.
Or XXXX as the chest sponsor from what i remember that logo is red/gold, and kings colored in charcoal on the rear or on sleeves

Colk

First Grade
I was reserving judgment until I saw the jersey worn - but nah, not really doing it for me. Not tucking the jersey into the shorts might help.

It’s not as bad as the social pile on which it never really is (although some of the memes are funny) I get what they are trying to do with the colours (the 49’ers are really unique). It’s not the worst but not the best

thenrlphinsider

Juniors
From the Dolphins’ instagram story:View attachment 67043
The club won't please everyone I guess.

I am biased, but I love it. Coke jokes aside from the peanut gallery (lol), the strip is good on the eye. The red and gold is a nice contrast (some similarities to the infamous American 49ers NFL team). We will have multiple variations in '23, and I am assuming at least three to four including the Women in League, and ANZAC Day rounds.

xe_kilroy

Juniors
It's unique or different to other clubs, so in that sense it's working as intended.

Still reckon the gold should've been used more sparingly. Nothing wrong with say an all-red jersey with a bit of gold here and there -- collar, sleeves, a stripe on the shoulder. But a whole almost equal share of gold to the red does make it look too candy-like.

They really should've just used the Heritage jersey as the main home jersey. It's classical, traditional, and does have a bit of gold here and there.

Anyway, it is what it is, I am sure no one will care once the Dolphins start winning.

Colk

First Grade
It's unique or different to other clubs, so in that sense it's working as intended.

Still reckon the gold should've been used more sparingly. Nothing wrong with say an all-red jersey with a bit of gold here and there -- collar, sleeves, a stripe on the shoulder. But a whole almost equal share of gold to the red does make it look too candy-like.

They really should've just used the Heritage jersey as the main home jersey. It's classical, traditional, and does have a bit of gold here and there.

Anyway, it is what it is, I am sure no one will care once the Dolphins start winning.

Agreed. That’s probably what it is. Maybe the gold should have been mostly on the shorts with less on the jersey itself

xe_kilroy

Juniors
Agreed. That’s probably what it is. Maybe the gold should have been mostly on the shorts with less on the jersey itself
I'm imagining the home jersey could've been say all red with a thin white stripe between two thin gold stripes along the shoulders/sleeves, kinda harking to the heritage. Gold collar, gold trim on sleeves, gold numbers. White shorts with a thin red stripe between two thin gold stripes. Red socks with a thin white stripe between two thin gold stripes at the top.

So for Away, the opposite.

Reflector

Juniors
The club won't please everyone I guess.

I am biased, but I love it. Coke jokes aside from the peanut gallery (lol), the strip is good on the eye. The red and gold is a nice contrast (some similarities to the infamous American 49ers NFL team). We will have multiple variations in '23, and I am assuming at least three to four including the Women in League, and ANZAC Day rounds.
Based on that shot, it also gets my tick of approval. Over time, the gold might become more of a secondary colour and (hopefully) they will get major sponsors with more complimentary brand colours but aside from that- bold, simple and instantly recognisable as the Dolphins.

docbrown

Coach
Those Dolphins colours are the ones I thought would be good for a Perth Pirates team but it's too sandy. The colour should be Old Gold #CFB53B. It should be kept for trims, thin stripes and embossed lettering. They need to get rid of the pants side panels.