What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

I'm pretty certain we asked if we could be called the Valkyries in the womens league and use that logo but the NRL vetoed it on the grounds of keeping branding consistent.

Bit silly though when you consider they let the Cowboys do it.
May have vetoed the Valkyries name for other reasons too as per below

Valkyrie, also spelled Walkyrie, Old Norse Valkyrja (“Chooser of the Slain”), in Norse mythology, any of a group of maidens who served the god Odin and were sent by him to the battlefields to choose the slain who were worthy of a place in Valhalla.

Interesting point of discussion and I'm posting it because I guess a lot of you wouldn't have seen it, but this is Souths' captain's run training jersey for 2023,

View attachment 68275

I don't mind it! It's a bit different and a bit retro-looking.

Personally, (and I'm probably biased), I like the way we do our away jersey and I hope it doesn't change. The white provides enough of a contrast while still remaining true to the Red and Green stripes which is our identity. However, I know that a lot of people will argue that something more like this should be the away jersey.
Is that a nod to Don Lane and the days of the Minties Wrapper Jersey

1669691119170.png

The Great Dane

First Grade
May have vetoed the Valkyries name for other reasons too as per below

Valkyrie, also spelled Walkyrie, Old Norse Valkyrja (“Chooser of the Slain”), in Norse mythology, any of a group of maidens who served the god Odin and were sent by him to the battlefields to choose the slain who were worthy of a place in Valhalla.
What's wrong with that, I don't understand.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I'm pretty certain we asked if we could be called the Valkyries in the womens league and use that logo but the NRL vetoed it on the grounds of keeping branding consistent.

Then the club should have told the NRL to stick their women's league up their arse, and waited for a more favourable time to apply again.

The whole NRLW has been a series of massive missed opportunities, which is a shame.

beave

Coach

Eh?

Chook Norris

First Grade
The W is pretty distracting, unlike on the ball where it stands out but feels like it deserves to be there.

I guess the other bits of red on the jersey and shorts, helps a bit.

Latest posts