What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Diesel

Referee
How much they paying

that jersey is hideous though
The woman’s jersey is much better. It’s not the logo, it’s the two blue lines in the wrong place. They need to be closer to the badges or just f**k off all together.

Diesel

Referee
Warriors releasing their 2023 jerseys tomorrow. Vodafone NZ rebranded to One NZ so the sponsorship alone will be different

Nuke

Staff member
Positives:
* Clean, simple jersey design.
* Predominently sky blue.
* Chest logos aren't too cluttered, trying to fit too many in (the NSW crest is missing, hopefully placed elsewhere ... back of neck perhaps?)

Negatives:
* 'W'. Big red 'W'.
* NSW went from having a number of green logos to now having a red theme. They detract from the simple sky blue.
* NSW have changed from their iconic plain sky blue jersey after just one season.

Reflector

Juniors
The stripes on the jersey are unnecessary in that position- needed to be higher (like, directly below the logos) or the same distance below the W that it is above the W.

It has a bit of a Waratahs look to it, positive is that 'W' is short for win.

flippikat

Bench
The logo is an improvement, the design of that jersey is not... was kinda hoping for them to go back to the previous design a few seasons ago
That was the best warriors jersey, since their very first one, here's hoping they bring out an away jersey thats green
Yeah, they really missed an opportunity to do a revamp of the design.. after all, 2023 has the feel of a new era - moving back to Auckland, new coach, lower grades operating again AND a rebranded sponsor.

Gotta say that the logo looks odd, but maybe part of that is just being used to the red Vodafone logo in that space for SO LONG.. it certainly fits a blue/green colourset, but cue a lot of jokes about it looking like a hole (hehehe)

Like you said, I also hope there's a green alternate in the mix this season - probably won't be the away jersey, but some special jersey (ANZAC? Heritage?) In the Warriors shade of green would be cool to see.

Timbo

Staff member

steeden.

Juniors
What’s Your Team’s Insta has a shot of the Dolphins jersey in the flesh: the gold is a lot darker than on the images released online earlier

beave

Coach
My bad - I thought they were being called the Gold Stars in the NRLW.

It's a bit of a shame there isn't a small amount of flexibility for teams like the Cowboys - they could at least let them use Cowgirls for the womens team.

There is some precedent for this with this exact name - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyoming_Cowboys_and_Cowgirls
All good mate.

I can see both sides of it, call them 'Cowgirls' and there will be a minority of punters that will blow up 'oh so they're not good enough to get the actual clubs name?' and other punters that will be 'oh but they're not "boys"????'

Can't win honestly.

They are getting their own jersey as per a podcast I heard on Monday (Field of Design) where they interview Marie the Cowbs graphic artist and she and Dynasty are in the last stages of design for 2023. At least they'll have that differentiating themselves from the boys.

Diesel

Referee
Yeah, they really missed an opportunity to do a revamp of the design.. after all, 2023 has the feel of a new era - moving back to Auckland, new coach, lower grades operating again AND a rebranded sponsor.

Gotta say that the logo looks odd, but maybe part of that is just being used to the red Vodafone logo in that space for SO LONG.. it certainly fits a blue/green colourset, but cue a lot of jokes about it looking like a hole (hehehe)

Like you said, I also hope there's a green alternate in the mix this season - probably won't be the away jersey, but some special jersey (ANZAC? Heritage?) In the Warriors shade of green would be cool to see.
I think the logo is too big and too high

flippikat

Bench
I think the logo is too big and too high
I think it's just as high as the old Vodafone logo was (on the same design this year) - just that it's bigger.

Something about the size that makes the high placement look worse, I guess?