What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ladder Predictions

soc123_au

Staff member
Smugness aside (hard as that may be), my question would be: your grand final opponent is at full strength and playing their best football. Who would you least want that to be?
Your mob if every pass sticks and you get marched out of your own end enough. Broncos if everything went right for them could get it done as well.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think Brisbane are most likley to challenge Penrith, I dont see their cocky young players being overawed by a GF and then the experience of Reynolds, Capewell etc to calm them if they do.

Souths next in line but they need a lot to go right, especially if they finish 5-8th which I think they do. Cows similar, if they came top 4 maybe but I dont see them winning 4 tough games in a row. Storm are nowehere near Penrtih imo and Warriors a year early. No one else worth mentioning.

To me Penrith are nowhere near what they are last year, just no other team has been able to jump up and overtake them and its a huge missed opporunity for a team like Souths if they dont win the comp. With Penrith, Storm and Parra all losing crucial players from last year Souths should have been right up there.

If they dont win it this year its going to get tougher next year, Cody 34, Cook 33, teams like NZ, Brisbane, NQ will likely get better and someone like a Newcastle, Roosters or Titans could jump right up the ladder. Plus Penrith wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think Brisbane are most likley to challenge Penrith, I dont see their cocky young players being overawed by a GF and then the experience of Reynolds, Capewell etc to calm them if they do.

Souths next in line but they need a lot to go right, especially if they finish 5-8th which I think they do. Cows similar, if they came top 4 maybe but I dont see them winning 4 tough games in a row. Storm are nowehere near Penrtih imo and Warriors a year early. No one else worth mentioning.

To me Penrith are nowhere near what they are last year, just no other team has been able to jump up and overtake them and its a huge missed opporunity for a team like Souths if they dont win the comp. With Penrith, Storm and Parra all losing crucial players from last year Souths should have been right up there.

If they dont win it this year its going to get tougher next year imo as teams like NZ, Brisbane, NQ will likely get better and someone like a Newcastle, Roosters or Titans could jump right up the ladder. Plus Penrith wont be going anywhere anytime soon.
Our defence is still miles ahead of the comp. That should be enough

mongoose

Coach

If they dont win it this year its going to get tougher next year, Cody 34, Cook 33, teams like NZ, Brisbane, NQ will likely get better and someone like a Newcastle, Roosters or Titans could jump right up the ladder. Plus Penrith wont be going anywhere anytime soon.
The Panthers defence is still overwhelming but their attack isn't what it has been in previous years. Cleary, Luai and the 9 can struggle to create things sometimes... Their outside backs still wear teams over though.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
1691221084388.png

There's my final ladder. First a hardy congratulations to the Warriors who will not only play finals, but may very well take out a top 4 spot.

It's gonna be very entertaining watching all the NSW bandwagoners swallow their pride and fall in lockstep behind the Pennies banner. Newcastle are in for a big surge, Canberra and Cows will barely make it. As it is, the minor premiership will be decided in Round 27, Penrith vs. Cowboys and Broncos vs Storm. One team wins, one team loses and it's gg.

footy75

Bench
Rabbits shark's top 8
But Rabbits are suspicious to miss out
Shark's could sneak into top 4 🤔

I thought the Sharks were gone looking at their draw. Massive win for them.

Who would of thought that the Rabbits would go this way. They won't make top 4 now and finals is still no certainty. Who would of thought.

Knights should make it now. Cowboys are no lock. Raiders have an easy draw. Then there is Parra and the Roosters.

Great finish to the season.

View attachment 77734

There's my final ladder. First a hardy congratulations to the Warriors who will not only play finals, but may very well take out a top 4 spot.

It's gonna be very entertaining watching all the NSW bandwagoners swallow their pride and fall in lockstep behind the Pennies banner. Newcastle are in for a big surge, Canberra and Cows will barely make it. As it is, the minor premiership will be decided in Round 27, Penrith vs. Cowboys and Broncos vs Storm. One team wins, one team loses and it's gg.
I reckon The Penrith rests their players in the last round and lose to NQ. With Brisbane having the bye in round 26 they will play and win vs Storm.

bazza

Immortal
I thought the Sharks were gone looking at their draw. Massive win for them.

Who would of thought that the Rabbits would go this way. They won't make top 4 now and finals is still no certainty. Who would of thought.

Knights should make it now. Cowboys are no lock. Raiders have an easy draw. Then there is Parra and the Roosters.

Great finish to the season.
Sharks last 3 games are Cowboys, Newcastle, Canberra - so potentially season ending games for any of those teams. Sharks probably need to win at least 2 of those to be safe (assuming they beat the Titans this round)