What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ladder Predictions

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
7th and 8th are a complete wash this season. No matter who finishes there, they will be out comfortably Week 1.
Not sure about that. The teams that are likely to finish 5th-8th are pretty even so I could see any of them surviving to week two. The real gap is between the top 2 and everyone else.

Woody90

Juniors
7th and 8th are a complete wash this season. No matter who finishes there, they will be out comfortably Week 1.

So say the ladder ends up how it is right now, you’d be tipping the Raiders to thrash the Knights? LOL ok.

I mean it could happen, but unlikely.

MugaB

Coach
That i can agree with, purely coz whoever ends up there, most likely is someone sliping from the top,
I reckon its raiders and souths, which at this point are probably just cannon fodder

Dogs Of War

Coach
So say the ladder ends up how it is right now, you’d be tipping the Raiders to thrash the Knights? LOL ok.

I mean it could happen, but unlikely.

But the raiders will finish 7th or 8th. I don't see the Raiders beating the Bronco's again. Sharks seem to have turned the corner and should account for them. So I don't see the Raiders winning again.

Knights have Sharks and Dragons, and on current form, you'd think they will win one of those 2 to jump ahead into 6th place. Even the Rabbits, Roosters and Cowboys have an opportunity to jump the Raiders if they win out.

bazza

Immortal
Disagree

I said it in the roosters thread and I'm prepared to live by it, roosters on form will beat any team finishing 5-8 at any venue, just have to get there.
yes - a team hitting form at the end of the season is a chance to win a few finals
currently it looks like the Knights and Roosters are those - but Sharks have surprised to also find some form. Souths and Canberra seem to be limping home

Apey

Staff member
Disagree

I said it in the roosters thread and I'm prepared to live by it, roosters on form will beat any team finishing 5-8 at any venue, just have to get there.
Raiders/Cowboys/Souths I'd back the Roosters.

Sharks/Knights I'd comfortably back those two over the Roosters.

Roosters will likely make it though unless the grudge match throws up a spanner.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Roosters will likely make it though unless the grudge match throws up a spanner.
If Souths are losing Fatrell and co will grub it up and hurt players.

skeepe

Immortal
We've won 9 in a row against the Sharks, and 4 of the last 5 against the Broncos. So that's 2 wins there and a top 4 spot. Travelling to Penrith in the first round of finals won't be ideal, but I'm confident we can trouble those weak gutted dogs.

EDIT: Should check my own ladder. We got Brisbane in Brisbane in the first week. We've already beat Brisbane in Brisbane so it's then just a matter of who we host in our home preliminary final in week 3 of the finals. Should be a fun series.

1692578234717.png

yobbo84

Coach
Being knocked out of the finals by the Roosters, our arch enemy, in a season where they have been beyond inept for 20 weeks of it... how embarrassing that is going to be.

The only way I see that scenario being avoided is if the Broncos lose this week and Penrith win - the Panthers will rest everyone in Round 27 and the Cowboys could sneak into 8th.

Valheru

Coach

Fair enough. Those 2 you mentioned would be the hardest. I would dare say though that with our record up there over you guys we would be the least preferred opponent in week 1 for the knights of such a thing exists.

Valheru

Coach
Being knocked out of the finals by the Roosters, our arch enemy, in a season where they have been beyond inept for 20 weeks of it... how embarrassing that is going to be.

The only way I see that scenario being avoided is if the Broncos lose this week and Penrith win - the Panthers will rest everyone in Round 27 and the Cowboys could sneak into 8th.

One thing getting very little attention in all this is the possibility of roosters/souths winner overtaking canberra with their horrible F/A. If they lose both games (Brisbane and sharks) then that is exactly what will happen.

Roosters do still need to beat tigers for this scenario though.

skeepe

Immortal

Yeah I think the Roosters miss out on for and against.

Apey

Staff member
One thing getting very little attention in all this is the possibility of roosters/souths winner overtaking canberra with their horrible F/A. If they lose both games (Brisbane and sharks) then that is exactly what will happen.

Roosters do still need to beat tigers for this scenario though.
I thought this was what would happen before this weekend but it can only happen now if Cowboys win their last 2 because Souths lost. The maximum points those two teams can get to now are:

Souths 32
Roosters 30
Or
Roosters 32
Souths 30

So the only way Raiders (32) get pushed out on F/A is if Cowboys (28) win both their games too.

Latest posts