What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Membership

Perth Red

Post Whore
I see Dolphins are now offering a range of one game memberships. One way to make those numbers look good.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I see Dolphins are now offering a range of one game memberships. One way to make those numbers look good.
What numbers? They aren't reporting anything.

Also a really odd attack on one club when most clubs do this now.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What numbers? They aren't reporting anything.

Also a really odd attack on one club when most clubs do this now.
not an attack at all, just a statement of fact. How you decide to interpret it is on you. Oh they will be, especially if they look good :)
I think their offer of a one game membership for a particular game (in this case the game against Broncos) is quite unique, but not having been though every club membership option I may be wrong.

Pneuma

First Grade
not an attack at all, just a statement of fact. How you decide to interpret it is on you. Oh they will be, especially if they look good :)
I think their offer of a one game membership for a particular game (in this case the game against Broncos) is quite unique, but not having been though every club membership option I may be wrong.
It’s an attack based on spite.

The Great Dane

First Grade
You do know afl provides massively subsidised tickets for kids don’t you? I made the point re the toys because many companies use strategies to attract kids and get lifetime brand loyalty. its equally usual to see buy one get one free offers as an example.
kids don’t know their seat is free, or care. What they do care about is cheering the club on and that carrys on for life hopefully.
I started watching my club when I was ten, admission was 50p for me lol 40 plus years on and Im still a passionate supporter of that club.
Get them young, keep for them for life!
You know the more I talk to English RL fans the more I come to understand why English RL is such a hopeless mess...

Absolutely everything you've said there is possible to achieve without giving away a product worth $140/260 absolutely free of charge. You know it as well, that's why you can't find an example that is even close to what Parra are doing. All of your examples are subsidised tickets, promotional incentives, one off give aways, etc, not systemic attempts to give away a years supply of product free of charge to as many people as possible.

The only reason you'd do it the way Parra are doing it is if the goal is to make free tickets as broadly accessible as possible, and the only reason you'd do that in a ticketed entertainment business like pro-sport is if the goal is to paper the house as much as possible.

We can only speculate as to why Parra feel the need to paper all their home games (I'd bet our informed guesses would be pretty close to the truth though), but they shouldn't be doing as it undermines the value of the product in the long run. The NRL shouldn't allow their franchises to do such things either as it reflects poorly on the product more broadly, but I digress.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You know the more I talk to English RL fans the more I come to understand why English RL is such a hopeless mess...

Absolutely everything you've said there is possible to achieve without giving away a product worth $140/260 absolutely free of charge. You know it as well, that's why you can't find an example that is even close to what Parra are doing. All of your examples are subsidised tickets, promotional incentives, one off give aways, etc, not systemic attempts to give away a years supply of product free of charge to as many people as possible.

The only reason you'd do it the way Parra are doing it is if the goal is to make free tickets as broadly accessible as possible, and the only reason you'd do that in a ticketed entertainment business like pro-sport is if the goal is to paper the house as much as possible.

We can only speculate as to why Parra feel the need to paper all their home games (I'd bet our informed guesses would be pretty close to the truth though), but they shouldn't be doing as it undermines the value of the product in the long run. The NRL shouldn't allow their franchises to do such things either as it reflects poorly on the product more broadly, but I digress.
we'll have to agree to disagree, I think its a cracking idea when you have so much spare capacity in a stadium and is building tomorrows fanbase today.

Good to see the Titans sold more than 11k memberships in 2022. Hopefully they nudge that figure up to 15k over the next few seasons. They've got a lovely stadium with great facilities for their fans. The club has the potential to become a strong mid-sized team.

Latest posts