What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 NRL draw

KingTigerman

Juniors
The whole thing is a cluster f*ck, i suppose the only good thing is that it will see whether the West Tigers supporters will give Commbank a real chance of becoming a real home ground in the future. I have been used to the sub standard views for the Roosters games at the SCG for the last few years I suppose another year isnt going to hurt 😐
I think the tigers will go to accor
But can't play there next season for obvious reasons

The Raiders finally benefitting from the cold weather in June & the fact GIO is just not up to scratch considering , so the womens soccer world cup won't impact us. But it is a little embarrassing & shows what FA & FIFA thinks of our sub standard stadium.
Good job Barr you clown.

As for the rest , its what it is , we've known our sport could be impacted as soon as the bid was won so these stupid negative stories by drunkie pants are to be taken with a grain of salt. Its not the big issue its being made out to be.
Roosters a few games at the SCG
Storm a few at Marvel
Broncos a few at the Gabba

It'll be fine.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I think the tigers will go to accor
But can't play there next season for obvious reasons

Any chance the Tigers could play a couple of games at Concorde next year when the grounds are out of action, really not sure what the capacity and configuration is since the centre of excellence was built but if they could fit 10-12k in that would be ideal playing a team like the Titans, as i say though i'm not sure what the capacity or configuration of the ground for games and crowds are though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a huge imposition just for the womens World Cup?
womens world cup will be very popular and I'm sure Australia is using it as a entree to one day hosting the mens WC. Id expect it will draw much bigger crowds than the 2017 RLWC did in Australia. They're claiming just in the pre sale they've sold tickets to fans from 100 different countries.

Its not like the NRl hasnt known all of this for a very long time, there's stacks of stadium options they could use. Sounds like Rothfield just making a drama out of nothing.

Doubleheaders at Perth, Adelaide, SCG, Gabba, marvel, Mt Smart. 2 magic weekends at AFL stadiums, Sydney games at Commbank, Penrith, SCG etc. No shortage of options.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Any word as to when the draw will be out? Last year it was November 9th. Expecting it to be later this year with the Womens Soccer World Cup causing chaos?

tyty04

Juniors
Any word as to when the draw will be out? Last year it was November 9th. Expecting it to be later this year with the Womens Soccer World Cup causing chaos?
I read that it will be released in the second week of November but after a bunch of articles coming out about stadium availability and how this will be the hardest schedule to create, it could possibly be pushed back.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Ashfield will say no
Ashfield want us at Olympic park
And ashfield pay the bills

No matter how much you champion for that soulless pit at Homebush, it's not happening. Lee H is on interview saying the "return to traditional grounds" is paramount and only this women's world cup debacle denied it happening this year.

Bukowski

Juniors
Any chance the Tigers could play a couple of games at Concorde next year when the grounds are out of action, really not sure what the capacity and configuration is since the centre of excellence was built but if they could fit 10-12k in that would be ideal playing a team like the Titans, as i say though i'm not sure what the capacity or configuration of the ground for games and crowds are though.
Only holds a few thousand so they could move the campbo games there

moffla

Bench
Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a huge imposition just for the womens World Cup?
Not at all. The stadium availability is a bit of a pain but it's nothing that can't be navigated.
You can not understate how big the WWC will be in Australia next year. The NRL will still be just as successful - and with a bit of forward thinking who says you cant entice a few international football fans to a couple of rugby league games while they're here?

I don't think Concord Oval would be viable for them. With the renovations that Canada Bay Council have embarked on, its seating capacity would have been greatly reduced based on what I've read here -

It would be like trying to play a full blown NRL match at Redfern Oval as it currently is.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Another master stroke from the NRL brains trust.
We need more games in Brisbane because Brisbane league fans need another team to support.

Let's go with Redcliffe.
Who are a Brisbane team playing the majority of their matches at Suncorp

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
are they really a Brisbane team though? Bit like saying the Tigers are a Balmain team.
Yes, they are. Are you suggesting Redcliffe isn't part of Brisbane? Has it shifted to the Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast? Are they not playing the majority of their games in the heart of Brisbane City?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes, they are. Are you suggesting Redcliffe isn't part of Brisbane? Has it shifted to the Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast? Are they not playing the majority of their games in the heart of Brisbane City?
Manly is part of Sydney, are you suggesting they represent Sydney? Its yet to be seen if the non geographically specific Dolphins are going to attract a Brisbane audience with 7 games at Suncorp. Time will tell. Lets hope so for everyone's sake.

Latest posts