What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 NRL Match Review Charges & Judiciary

Fangs

Coach
I think they’ll bring brimson in. Otherwise yeah, hammer to fullback and maybe a swan song for gags

That's not very sexy.

Gagai on one foot, was just rested this week. His game against Penrith was one of the worst he has played in a long time. So I don't think he will feature.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Lol at Fifita turning up to testify because they are mates, and then being told by a supreme court judge that his testimony is worthless
Of course Carrigan and Fifita were going to defend Walsh.

One is a team mate and the other is an origin team mate.

I am surprised they were asked to provide evidence in the first place.

Whole thing seemed a farce tbh.

If the ref didn't think he heard it or aimed at him then I am not sure what you can do.

Maybe the language is offensive you could fine him for.

Chimp

Bench
In this instance, the ban should have been increased for a frivolous challenge - the players are lying to cover up for a mate - remember Reynolds originally said on social media post that Walsh aimed it at an opposition player, and Walsh agreed - yet at the disciplinary they’ve changed their story.
The only right outcome here was for Walsh to come out and say ‘I’m sorry, it was in the heat of the moment, I should never speak to a ref like that, I need to be better blah blah blah’ - he needs to own it and learn from it. As it is, he’ll continue to think he’s bigger and more important than he actually is. Spoilt brat.

JokerEel

Coach
Farcical.

This sort of bullshit adds nothing to the whole "anti-Broncos conspiracy" thing. If anything it just adds fuel to the fire. The prosecution could not have f**ked up their case any more, and Walsh gets 3 games? It's a f**king laugh.

Yeah the prosecution just should have had Fafita and Cardigan to repeat what they said in his defence 😂 clowns the lot of them...

JokerEel

Coach
Maybe we should lobby the NRL to not include the Dolphins game in his suspension like the Pennies did with one of their players in last years finals series....

I am fine with that as long as he pulls his hammy like Tago did and was out longer than his suspension 😂

Canard

Immortal
Can someone clarify the games he will miss?

I thought he has to miss 3 NRL games, and Origin doesn't count towards the suspension?

Canard

Immortal
Farcical.

This sort of bullshit adds nothing to the whole "anti-Broncos conspiracy" thing. If anything it just adds fuel to the fire. The prosecution could not have f**ked up their case any more, and Walsh gets 3 games? It's a f**king laugh.
Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me

Except for when you are Luai who shoved an assistant ref and Walsh who said some mean words next to one

Blatant bias from NSW and anti Broncos Judiciary

The only "contentious" part, for mine, is the length of suspension.

I would hope that this is a bit of lesson to take ownership and admit when he was wrong. A lesson he may not have learned yet.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'm deadly serious in saying this - just from watching the footage it seemed completely obvious to me that he was innocent? Carrigan says something to him and he swears at Carrigan. That's....literally what happened, and we have the footage.

Canard

Immortal
I'm deadly serious in saying this - just from watching the footage it seemed completely obvious to me that he was innocent? Carrigan says something to him and he swears at Carrigan. That's....literally what happened, and we have the footage.

This is the Judiciary view on that according to NRL.com

That was particularly so, in circumstances where the evidence of player Walsh was that had understood player Carrigan’s words to mean that he should “think and be smart”.

If that was his understanding, there was simply no need to ask player Carrigan what he had meant.

That factor tended against a conclusion that the words were said to player Carrigan as opposed to the referee.

Canard

Immortal
This is also from the same article

In particular, the majority rejected the player’s evidence that he was not complaining to the referee when he said to him “I stopped running, I stopped running”.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You can quite clearly hear Carrigan say “slow your brain” and Walsh goes “what does that f**king mean c***”.

3 weeks is pathetic. I think that even if he called the ref a c***, I don’t feel it’s as bad as being called a “cheating bastard”. One is just a MeAn WoRd, the other strips you of integrity, professionalism, and competence.

Carrigan, Fifita, and Walsh had the same story. The referee did not say that he thought it was said to him.

The NRL - “CoLLuSiOn”
The tape - *matches the story from the players on the field*

Anyway, hopefully it ignites us.

Last edited:

Latest posts