What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 PF Fri - Penrith 38-4 Melbourne @ Accor

Finals Week 3: Penrith v Melbourne

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mozza91

Coach
He did alright there last finals series. I think he will be ok. Only player to ever win a Clive at Suncorp too, so the big stage isn't really a problem.
Just the sky blue jersey then? Fair enough there’s plenty of good club players who can’t make the jump to Representative football.

mozza91

Coach
How many NSW halfbacks have won 3 series in Sky Blue?
Couldn’t tell you. Observation isn’t based on stats but actually watching the games. Cleary has been found out a number of times. If the game plan isn’t working or we’re on the back foot he’s totally useless.

Black Panther

Juniors
Cleary has won Origin series, multiple GF”sand is a World Cup winning Halfback. But yeah mate, not a Rep standard player. Your Footy knowledge is about as good as your Footy team, not very good at all.
Go back to your off season.

Iamback

Coach
Couldn’t tell you. Observation isn’t based on stats but actually watching the games. Cleary has been found out a number of times. If the game plan isn’t working or we’re on the back foot he’s totally useless.

In Origin sides are stacked. For every run he has that is less ball Latrell and Tom Turbo gets.

You don't want individuals just padding stats out.

QLD has won the last 2 series. How many times has Munster or DCE got man of the match?

Doesn't mean either are duds

This will be the closer PF and storm a way better chance than they are being given IMO.

Penrith warm favourites but I can never count out a team with Hughes, Munster and grant in the spine. If they can hold their own up front they have a shot.

Penrith would do well to remember the situation in 2021 where things were reversed. I expect storm to bring that energy.

Panthers in a very tight contest.
You know, I was thinking the very same thing today @Valheru. Storm were heavy favourites having won their QF and having a fortnights rest whilst Penrith went the long road and had several players under enormous injury clouds - Cleary, Edwards and Fisher-Harris to name just a few - yet, a minor miracle was pulled off and we scraped home.

Roles are reversed this Friday, though Penrith do have a couple of injury concerns but they’re still heavy favourites. I’m quietly confident but not enough bet a speedboat.

mozza91

Coach
In Origin sides are stacked. For every run he has that is less ball Latrell and Tom Turbo gets.

You don't want individuals just padding stats out.

QLD has won the last 2 series. How many times has Munster or DCE got man of the match?

Doesn't mean either are duds
So his inability to take control and win big games (see 3 of the last 4 series) is because he doesn’t want to pad his stats?

You blokes are in denial. He’s had a heap of chances and hasn’t delivered at Origin level. Simple as that. Great club player and poor Origin player it’s happens a lot.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
So his inability to take control and win big games (see 3 of the last 4 series) is because he doesn’t want to pad his stats?

You blokes are in denial. He’s had a heap of chances and hasn’t delivered at Origin level. Simple as that. Great club player and poor Origin player it’s happens a lot.
He's a pup. Even Joey was being forced to play hooker at his age