What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 PF Fri - Penrith 38-4 Melbourne @ Accor

Finals Week 3: Penrith v Melbourne

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yobbo84

Coach
The Storm are miles behind the top 2 atm. Their pack is fragile, outside backs terrible and their best 2 players (Munster, Grant) are in the worst form of their lives.

I fully expect these prelims to be like in 2008/2012 when 1st and 2nd belted their opponents by 30.
We were actually up 8-4 in the 2012 prelim after about 30 mins and were on top until Reyno did his hammy, Issac Luke went to halfback and we lost the plot

Much like last year's prelim to be honest

Actually I'm kind of glad to not have to suffer the prelim finals for a year, give my balding head a break

The 1995 and 2000 Maroons squads would like a word

Also one W.Bennett, who wouldn't have gone anywhere near Maroons training if he thought that bunch of players were in the running for the worst Qld team ever assembled...
It’s whoever does Joey’s PR that really should be the Immortal…

mozza91

Coach
I’m happy I’ve made an impact in here. Certainly more effective than Cleary for the Blues.

Anyway PENRITH should be winning this comfortably. The Storm seem a shadow of their former selves.

Black Panther

Juniors
I’m happy I’ve made an impact in here. Certainly more effective than Cleary for the Blues.

Anyway PENRITH should be winning this comfortably. The Storm seem a shadow of their former selves.
Anyway, Cleary plays for Penrith. No one other than you really gives a f**k about Origin. You would give your left nut to have him in your team.
Like Mason stated the other day ‘Newcastle have the worst spine in the comp’.
Eat a bag of dicks you poor simple prick, your season is over.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Yes injuries happen. Does Munster get credited for 2022 series win?

Ahh yes the NSW side full of elite players like Gutho in centres? Or the stack of injuries NSW also had

He was voted NSW best player, but yes lets take the word of some keyboard warrior
Mozza and warrior got together like police uniform and Mensa

GongPanther

Referee
It's incredible. How has it come to this. 3 teams I can't stand and a team going for 3 premierships and 4 grand finals in a row. I wouldn't hate Penrith in normal circumstances but they have won far too much.

I don't want any of them to win but by simply being the least worst club left I am forced to go for Penrith.
Don't know if this has already been said, Souths won a few GFs in a few brackets of years: 1925,26,27,28,29. Then 1931 and 1932. Then 1950,51,53,54,55. Then 1967,68, and 1970,71.

Your team has had it's fair share of success over the years in condensed periods of time, so if you dont mind, it's other team's turn to shine.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
The winner is just cannon fodder for the team that wins the other prelim
Watch last years GF, and you'll realise what the Broncos will be up against. Our forward pack didn't play like that before and after that '22 GF. Coach has them perfectly timed and primed for this GF day. Ivan Cleary, the Bart Cummins of Rugby League.

GongPanther

Referee
Mozza gone all out feral attack , lol
His side did very well and I'm sure he is proud of what his team accomplished. Not sure why he seems always salty towards us being the fact that both of our clubs are generally blue collard working sides.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Watch last years GF, and you'll realise what the Broncos will be up against. Our forward pack didn't play like that before and after that '22 GF. Coach has them perfectly timed and primed for this GF day. Ivan Cleary, the Bart Cummins of Rugby League.
Fmd bloke. Ya gotta get there yet

GongPanther

Referee
After Melbourne snuck in with a very fortunate win via the Klinmiester, and with the Roosters having more firepower missing from their backline from last week's match, that is what you would call a Clayton's victory.

Sadly the experts where trying as hard as they could to give the Storm supporters (and players for that matter) some false hope.

I'll tell you know that Luai will not play and neither will Tago. The Panthers will be at their most clinical in this training run for the GF.

NSW Panthers by 4-0. :)

Latest posts