What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 PF Fri - Penrith 38-4 Melbourne @ Accor

Finals Week 3: Penrith v Melbourne

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
Its nice that some people somehow think we're the least worst club considering usually it's the opposite... But if I were a neutral i would 100% be on the Warriors.

Storm and Broncos have won a bunch. Panthers have too lately. Warriors have won nothing really yet and they have an incredibly likeable team.

Only reason a neutral would probably like Panthers success is because it's built around development of juniors or other teams discards and theyve lost enough talent to see they're getting hit by the cap.
I am Australian. Supporting a Kiwi club is as awful to me as supporting a Queensland club.

soc123_au

Staff member
So his inability to take control and win big games (see 3 of the last 4 series) is because he doesn’t want to pad his stats?

You blokes are in denial. He’s had a heap of chances and hasn’t delivered at Origin level. Simple as that. Great club player and poor Origin player it’s happens a lot.
The anti Gagai then? I know what I'd prefer.

It's incredible. How has it come to this. 3 teams I can't stand and a team going for 3 premierships and 4 grand finals in a row. I wouldn't hate Penrith in normal circumstances but they have won far too much.

I don't want any of them to win but by simply being the least worst club left I am forced to go for Penrith.

Oh thank you Lord Spaghetti Monster!

Panther Mike

Juniors
No recent or current logic to be worried about this Storm team. We’ve beat them comfortably in 2023 without Cleary in Melbourne and easily enough in Penrith.
We are fitter, fresher and in much better form.
The venue makes me a bit nervous though. Still some faint scars from the 2020 GF from a fan perspective. It shouldn’t mean anything but I’m keen for that demon exorcised on Friday Night.

Iamback

Coach
So his inability to take control and win big games (see 3 of the last 4 series) is because he doesn’t want to pad his stats?

You blokes are in denial. He’s had a heap of chances and hasn’t delivered at Origin level. Simple as that. Great club player and poor Origin player it’s happens a lot.

He won the Brad Fittler medal in 2020
Latrell hasn't played a game since the last series win in 2021. A few other poor selections has cost the side as a whole.

He was Man of the Match game 2 last year,

So that is series win in 2018
Series win in 2019
NSW Best player in a series loss in 2020
Series win in 2021
Man of the match game 2 2022...

That doesn't scream rep failure especially at such a young age. Throw in a World Cup win too

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He won the Brad Fittler medal in 2020
Latrell hasn't played a game since the last series win in 2021. A few other poor selections has cost the side as a whole.

He was Man of the Match game 2 last year,

So that is series win in 2018
Series win in 2019
NSW Best player in a series loss in 2020
Series win in 2021
Man of the match game 2 2022...

That doesn't scream rep failure especially at such a young age. Throw in a World Cup win too
Wasting your time this merkin is clueless

mozza91

Coach
So we’re crediting him for the 2019 series where he didn’t play in the decider and the 2020 series where we got beat by the worst Queensland team ever assembled?

His only decent performances have been in a couple of big wins, he’s done nothing when the game is on the line.

At least Chooks fans acknowledged Pearce’s poor performances and he was playing against immortals not hungover Cameron Munster and geriatric DCE.

Iamback

Coach
So we’re crediting him for the 2019 series where he didn’t play in the decider and the 2020 series where we got beat by the worst Queensland team ever assembled?

His only decent performances have been in a couple of big wins, he’s done nothing when the game is on the line.

At least Chooks fans acknowledged Pearce’s poor performances and he was playing against immortals not hungover Cameron Munster and geriatric DCE.

Yes injuries happen. Does Munster get credited for 2022 series win?

Ahh yes the NSW side full of elite players like Gutho in centres? Or the stack of injuries NSW also had

He was voted NSW best player, but yes lets take the word of some keyboard warrior

footy75

Bench
I feel like Storm will make this a good contest for a while but Penrith should break us down and eventually win by two or three tries.

Valheru

Coach
The Storm are miles behind the top 2 atm. Their pack is fragile, outside backs terrible and their best 2 players (Munster, Grant) are in the worst form of their lives.

I fully expect these prelims to be like in 2008/2012 when 1st and 2nd belted their opponents by 30.
Hopefully it's like the 08 GF too, it would be hilarious either way and piss off Manly fans as well.

win win

soc123_au

Staff member
Hopefully it's like the 08 GF too, it would be hilarious either way and piss off Manly fans as well.

win win
It would really need to be in a GF to rile Manly fans, a similar result in a prelim would be impressive, but in a GF is next level. We had our chance last year to piss Manly fans off, but we went soft on our Sons. Not only a team of the people, but father of the year material as well.

Reflector

Juniors

The 1995 and 2000 Maroons squads would like a word

Also one W.Bennett, who wouldn't have gone anywhere near Maroons training if he thought that bunch of players were in the running for the worst Qld team ever assembled...

Valheru

Coach
It would really need to be in a GF to rile Manly fans, a similar result in a prelim would be impressive, but in a GF is next level. We had our chance last year to piss Manly fans off, but we went soft on our Sons. Not only a team of the people, but father of the year material as well.
Yeah I meant the GF. The poster I responded to said like the prelims 08 and I'm saying hopefully GF is the same lol

Latest posts