What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 PF Fri - Penrith 38-4 Melbourne @ Accor

Finals Week 3: Penrith v Melbourne

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Someguy

First Grade
12.5 start on TAB is nowhere near enough especially given that Tariq sims will likely be starting front row

Saxon

Bench
The result of this one is pretty obvious, we are quite lucky to be in a prelim tbh.
Happy to be able to watch this one with zero hope or expectation!
Similar sentiment, but there's always a little hope.
Even Tigers won some games this year.

It's incredible. How has it come to this. 3 teams I can't stand and a team going for 3 premierships and 4 grand finals in a row. I wouldn't hate Penrith in normal circumstances but they have won far too much.

I don't want any of them to win but by simply being the least worst club left I am forced to go for Penrith.
Why do you dislike the Warriors BM?

soc123_au

Staff member
It's incredible. How has it come to this. 3 teams I can't stand and a team going for 3 premierships and 4 grand finals in a row. I wouldn't hate Penrith in normal circumstances but they have won far too much.

I don't want any of them to win but by simply being the least worst club left I am forced to go for Penrith.
Martina just got a three quarter chub reading this. This is better for them than Hughes getting functional calves.

On ability and form, Penrith should account for the Storm comfortably.

Just the Panthers players need to not just "assume the win is in the bag", as that is about the only thing that could get Melbourne into the match. The Storm don't have enough muscle in the pack, in my opinion, to beat the Panthers. Any complacency from the Panthers is the enemy here.

Last edited:

Just the Panthers players need to not just "assume the win is in the bag", as that is about the only thinkgh that could get Melbourne into the match. The Storm don't have enough muscle in the pack, in my opinion, to beat the Panthers. Any complacency from the Panthers is the enemy here.
I've thought the same for a few of their matches, unfortunately for the opposition they rarely seem to fall into that trap.

soc123_au

Staff member

Just the Panthers players need to not just "assume the win is in the bag", as that is about the only thinkgh that could get Melbourne into the match. The Storm don't have enough muscle in the pack, in my opinion, to beat the Panthers. Any complacency from the Panthers is the enemy here.
People confuse the fans being confident we can destroy teams just by turning up with the attitude of the players. Part of the reason we are smug merkins is faith that the players will be well prepared for every match and turn up with the right attitude to win. More often than not they repay the smug.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
People confuse the fans being confident we can destroy teams just by turning up with the attitude of the players. Part of the reason we are smug merkins is faith that the players will be well prepared for every match and turn up with the right attitude to win. More often than not they repay the smug.
We have never had this before and I'll milk every second of enjoyment out of it while I can

Woody90

Juniors
I’m struggling to see a way that Storm can win here.

They were awful in week 1 and were lucky to then play the Roosters who have horrible attack as it is and then lost most of their backline (granted they were missing Hughes).

If they can keep it within 20 it will be an achievement.

Latest posts