What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R11 Thu - Melbourne 24-16 Brisbane @ AAMI

Round 11: Melbourne v Brisbane

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maximus

Coach
Walsh has been charged with a shoulder charge. On the flip side, Carrigan wasn't charged for his hip drop.

Outstanding refereeing performance last night. Broncos last try was my personal favourite - player playing the ball starts fight with marker, try is scored by running past said marker being held, try is given, both players sin-binned.

IBM already looks dumb enough. I didn't need to add the worst decision of them all.

It's going to be fun watching Annesley on Monday try to defend both the MRC and ref at the same time despite them having opposite opinions.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Just watched Bellamy's press conference.

That wanker can spare me his disingenuous face saving sympathy bullshit. Do not tell me NAS staying down and grabbing at his ankle like that wasn't a trained move to milk a penalty and a bin as soon as he felt Carrigan sliding down his legs. It's exactly the sort of low brow dirty shit that has made everyone hate Bellamy's Storm in the first place.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just watched Bellamy's press conference.

That wanker can spare me his disingenuous face saving sympathy bullshit. Do not tell me NAS staying down and grabbing at his ankle like that wasn't a trained move to milk a penalty and a bin as soon as he felt Carrigan sliding down his legs. It's exactly the sort of low brow dirty shit that has made everyone hate Bellamy's Storm in the first place.
NAS was holding his SoRe AnKLe to draw the BS penalty and binning, but in the post game interview he said that he felt a "tweak in his knee". He's as stupid as he is scummy.

Someguy

First Grade
Really don’t have an issue with the shoulder charge by Walsh it saved the try and it probably the least dangerous play in the situation for the tackler. The shoulder charge ban wasn’t put in place for this sort of bump it was for the head on charges that often hit the head or resulted in head clash. That said under the rules it is a clear penalty, penalty try questionable as another technique probably stops the try anyways.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Well no, we actually had the definition a year ago

Drops the hips and swings - check
Swivels the nearest hip away from the body - check
Lands their body weight on the lower leg to stop momentum - check

This "oh he was just slipping" crap is laughable.

Yeah.

Saxon

Bench
So, according to Annesley;
- Walsh shoulder charge. Should have peen penalty, possible sin bin.
- Hip drop wasn't. Shouldn't have binned Carrigan.
-Paix try wasn't and should have been penalty to Storm.

3 simple decisions that you can understand the ref getting wrong, but beyond belief that the bunker can have 47 views and still f*ck it up.

(He also said that the Coates try after Olam falcon should have been allowed, but while I don't like it I can live with the ref getting that decision wrong having seen it once at full speed in the flow of the game.)