What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R11 Thu - Melbourne 24-16 Brisbane @ AAMI

Round 11: Melbourne v Brisbane

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 11
Melbourne Storm v Brisbane Broncos
AAMI Park, Melbourne / Wurundjeri, Melbourne (TICKETS)
Thursday 11 May 2023

Gates open 6:30pm, NRL kickoff 7:50pm. Broadcast live on Nine Network, 9Now, Fox League and Kayo Sports.

MEL2022TEAM.png

1. Nick Meaney 2. William Warbrick 3. Reimis Smith 4. Justin Olam 5. Xavier Coates 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 9. Harry Grant 10. Christian Welch 11. Trent Loiero 12. Eliesa Katoa 13. Josh King 14. Bronson Garlick 15. Aaron Pene 16. Tom Eisenhuth 17. Grant Anderson 18. Tyran Wishart 19. Tariq Sims 20. Tepai Moeroa 21. Tui Kamikamica 22. Jayden Nikorima

Unchanged

BRI2023TEAM.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Jesse Arthars 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Selwyn Cobbo 6. Ezra Mam 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Billy Walters 10. Payne Haas 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Cory Paix 15. Corey Jensen 16. Kobe Hetherington 17. Martin Taupau 18. Deine Mariner 19. Keenan Palasia 20. Jock Madden 21. Brendan Piakura 22. Xavier Willison

Unchanged

A-REF-R-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Todd Smith
Sideline Officials: Peter Gough, Chris Sutton
Video Referee: Gerard Sutton

LOWER GRADES
Canterbury v Melbourne^ at Belmore, Sat - Flegg 2pm

Souths Logan^ v Tweed at Logan Metro, Sat - Colts 3pm / QLD Cup 5pm
Norths^ v Brisbane Tigers^ at Bishop, Sun - Colts 12:15pm / QLD Cup 2:10pm
Wynnum Manly^ v Ipswich at Beenleigh, Sat - Colts 4:30pm
Sunshine Coast^ - Colts and QLD Cup BYE
Wynnum Manly^ - QLD Cup BYE​

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Bronco are playing crazy good. Not even this Storm side will get any where near them. Broncos by 38-18.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I know the Storm own the broncos but surprised at the odds. Think Brisbane get this done and may do it fairly easily.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Don't kid yourselves boys. Bellyache just about threatens his players with death if they look like losing to us. He will have them sweating bullets during the week.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Broncos finally having to travel south of the Queensland border for once..
Pretty dumb comment.

PeNriTh have left NSW twice. But you’d barely count the first time - the huge and exhausting trip to Canberra. I hope they didn’t have to walk.

They were also pretty lucky to draw the Warriors in Brisbane. You’d take a 90 minute flight to Brisbane over a 3 hour flight to Auckland, wouldn’t you?

This week you’re at home. We’ll have gone to Darwin, Sydney and Melbourne - which I’m not saying is difficult at all, but I don’t think your comment was just a fart. You shit ya self!

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Pretty dumb comment.

PeNriTh have left NSW twice. But you’d barely count the first time - the huge and exhausting trip to Canberra. I hope they didn’t have to walk.

They were also pretty lucky to draw the Warriors in Brisbane. You’d take a 90 minute flight to Brisbane over a 3 hour flight to Auckland, wouldn’t you?

This week you’re at home. We’ll have gone to Darwin, Sydney and Melbourne - which I’m not saying is difficult at all, but I don’t think your comment was just a fart. You shit ya self!

Also one of the times we did travel south of the border, we beat his own mob at home lol

Nealo 12

Bench
Broncos have had 7 of 10 games at home and 8 of 10 in Qld with that 8th one being the gruelling long travel to the Gold Coast oh the adversity ….lmfao

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos have had 7 of 10 games at home and 8 of 10 in Qld with that 8th one being the gruelling long travel to the Gold Coast oh the adversity ….lmfao
No adversity mentioned, mate. Suncorp had to be used a lot in the first half of the year because it’s locked from rounds 18-26.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Pretty dumb comment.

Travel is not my point it’s the atmosphere at the games you avoid having to play truly away. Broncos got to play Dolphins and Manly ‘away games’ in reality at home with most of the support behind them. For a very talented but also young team that’s quite a bonus. They did have to go to Penrith to start but at a good time when we were fresh off a WCC loss. I fear we’re partly to blame for your good start as well..

Playing in Darwin was also a bonus for the Broncos as the Eels are worse there than at Parramatta.
Later they will also play Souths ‘away’ from home on the Sunshine Coast and probably have most of the support as well.

I do realise that they have fewer home games later on but they’ve still had a good early draw with few true away games. If they can go to Melbourne and beat their hoodoo team I’ll have to applaud them though.

This Year?

Immortal
The PENRITH obsession with the Broncos is weird.
Anyone would think they lost 2 grand finals against them, lost their place to them as one of the elite clubs in the competition, were forced into a joint venture due to their super league shenanigans and got told they can't play by one of their players.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Travel is not my point it’s the atmosphere at the games you avoid having to play truly away. Broncos got to play Dolphins and Manly ‘away games’ in reality at home with most of the support behind them. For a very talented but also young team that’s quite a bonus. They did have to go to Penrith to start but at a good time when we were fresh off a WCC loss. I fear we’re partly to blame for your good start as well..

Playing in Darwin was also a bonus for the Broncos as the Eels are worse there than at Parramatta.
Later they will also play Souths ‘away’ from home on the Sunshine Coast and probably have most of the support as well.

I do realise that they have fewer home games later on but they’ve still had a good early draw with few true away games. If they can go to Melbourne and beat their hoodoo team I’ll have to applaud them though.
Your point was travel.

The Broncos finally having to travel south of the Queensland border for once..